1 (25%)
he has no idea how to win when it counts
1 (25%)
mike bibby is fucking his mom
1 (25%)
he's not a natural born leader
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: LeBron James clutch moments  (Read 1822 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: LeBron James clutch moments
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 01:11:21 PM »
Being clutch isn't real.

I can agree in some cases, players of any sport can crumble under pressure. But you can't physically improve your play under pressure.

That's correct. 

Derek Jeter, for example, is the most overrated "clutch" player in sports. 

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 01:13:28 PM »
Being clutch isn't real.

I can agree in some cases, players of any sport can crumble under pressure. But you can't physically improve your play under pressure.

That's correct. 

UH, 1 correct example from 1 player does not make that assertion true lol.

DIP DIP SET SET

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 01:15:23 PM »
Being clutch isn't real.

That's correct. 

From the players you listed of top 5 clutch players, can you show me how they've improved their overall season/career numbers in clutch situations. 

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 01:32:05 PM »
LOL@no such thing as clutch. smh.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 01:39:44 PM »

"Clutch": 4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points

Kobe Bryant's stats

2010-11' Stats
Season FG%: 45.1
"Clutch": 40.2

2009-10 Stats
Season FG%: 45.6
"Clutch": 44.4

2008-2009 Stats
Season FG%: 46.7
"Clutch": 45.7

2007-2008 Stats
Season FG%: 45.9%
"Clutch": 44.8%

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 01:42:22 PM »

"Clutch": 4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points

Kobe Bryant's stats

2010-11' Stats
Season FG%: 45.1
"Clutch": 40.2

2009-10 Stats
Season FG%: 45.6
"Clutch": 44.4

2008-2009 Stats
Season FG%: 46.7
"Clutch": 45.7

2007-2008 Stats
Season FG%: 45.9%
"Clutch": 44.8%

clutch is not defined by stats lmao....it has a lot to do with a willingness to carry your team on your back down the stretch. some players are less willing than others, hence having less clutch moments under their belt.

anyways...u used to be a big laker fan, javier. i always wondered what happened? were u just a shaq fan and couldn't handle the departure? what is it that caused u 2 sell out?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 02:00:35 PM »
I would hope that player makes the absolute best decision out there on the court, at all times.  From the very first second to the very last second of every game.  There are players out there that are considered to be guys that "do not want" the ball yet, they still produce very good in the final 5 minutes of a close game.  Since this topic is on Lebron James, let me put these stats up. 

These are Per 48 "Clutch Stats"

Lebron James
45.1 PTS
11.2 RBS
4.9 AST
FG% 43.6 vs Regular Season: 51%

And here's Wade, who these so called experts in the media claim that he should be to go to guy or is the go to guy has these numbers
Wade
33.4 PTS
7.6 RBS
3.0 AST
FG% 39.7,    Regular Season: 50% 

Not really into basketball that much anymore, it has nothing to do with Shaq. I was losing interest in that year where they were going for the 4th title in a row.  I didn't really have time to be investing so much into basketball at that time, while stile paying alot of attention to baseball and other sports and school/work.  Nowadays, if the Lakers are there I would sure like them to win for the sake of the city and history but I'm not out there sporting jerseys rooting on this team hard or keeping up with every game.  And I do pay more attention to the sport come playoff time, but that's how I am with all the other sports I'm interested in as well. 

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 02:25:39 PM »

Javier posted another one.  I'm not going to dig right now to find any real proof, I'm watching my Giants bet go up in flames right now.   >:(

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 03:51:30 PM »
Guys like NIK call ESPN "BSPN", yet judge "clutch" off of the highlights they play.

But like I've been saying for a while, he'll tell you Kobe is the best because of heart, clutchness & leadership; all subjective intangibles. He'll also tell who whose more attractive than who & whose ass he can fuck up based off shit talking. NIK can only speak on that which is unprovable.

Like Javier's stats on Kobe show, he shoots the same percentage (technically worse) in the clutch. The difference is, he's taken like 80 last second shots in his life, the law of averages says he has to hit one. I've seen Tim Duncan hit a game tying three lol.

As for the comment on Jeter. He is my childhood hero, favorite player ever & obviously calling him clutch is a weak argument. When I was younger I used to buy into that, but undeniable statistics show otherwise.

If "clutch" was real, players would shoot 30%-40% higher than their average or hit .300-.400 points higher on their batting average.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 05:20:45 PM »
Being clutch isn't real.

hell no i beg to differ, i mean when i play ball its obviously no where near the professional level, but man theres times when ur down by ALOT and u just some how make 4-5 long range j's in a row some contested, and some u really shouldnt even be taking the shot and it goes in and you win the game. and ive done it plenty of times when my teams down or just isnt producing.

there was another time where were playin and everybody kept missing and we had point and i juz ran baseline and shot really contested (pretty much a bad shot) over the back board and for the win.

u can call it luck  but when the pressure is on i love it, i embrace it its the best feeling especially after u win. i doubt if i did the same thing but we were up the out come wouldnt be the same.

but imo there is a such thing as clutch.

yea stats do say something, but im not a stat believer because stats never really tell the whole story. i can careless about the "stats" dudes been one of the best for quite a while and im sure those last second potential game winning shots arnt given to him.

but he came through again and again when it really ment the most, if it didnt we wouldnt have so many kobe highlights and such. the guy seriously wills the ball into the basket.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 06:09:05 PM »
Kobe's an amazing player in the first half as he is in the second half.  The point is that he's an amazing player.  The reason there's so many highlights because he's been in the NBA for 15 years and basically has been playing at a high level all of his career.  If you openly say that you don't care about stats, then there is no point debating anymore.  One side has proof while the other has personal stories and selective memory. 

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!

BLUNTTYMECC

• 'G'
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 06:59:56 PM »
as much as i love the lakers, kobe bryant is not a clutch player and its been scientifically proven. hes average when it comes to clutch but will make 2 out of 3 shots in clutch

fuck lebrick and the miami queefs

teecee

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 08:18:36 PM »
No players are CLUTCH as in automatic; Kobe has had many clutch moments, and I disagree with Cham that someone can't be clutch.  However, Kobe isn't as clutch as his rep, and Lebron isn't as unclutch as his rep.