Author Topic: DJ QUIK -- Facts and stuff I got  (Read 146 times)

Mickaveli_#1

DJ QUIK -- Facts and stuff I got
« on: January 14, 2003, 03:10:19 AM »
A few people were talking about Videos and stuff that people got like instrumentals. Ok now I’ve had a look through my collection as I wrote down ones before that were at the top of my head. I was looking through an collection of VHS tapes which I was able to find a few things including some promo CD’s as well

I managed to find some videos of Quik – They were

“Quik Is The Name”
“Sweet Black P*ssy” (Deathrow Version)
“California Love” (Cuts and Add-ons – Has a few appearances from Quik)
“Pitch In On A Party”
“Trouble”
Live On Stage 1
Live On Stage 2 (DeathRow Event – Dollaz & Sense)
Live On Stage 3 (Club 662)
Live On Stage 4
and I know this might sound weird but I’ve go the last 20 seconds or so of “Born & Raised in Compton” I think it was from the old Yo Raps in the early 90’s. I taped over a lot of Yo that I used to tape – bet there would be some rare videos on that.

I have quite a lot of Quik Instrumentals – a lot more than I first thought. Got instrumentals of tracks he produced for other rappers. “Time Iz Money” by “Big Syke”, “We Don’t Luv Em” by “Top Dogg” which I found on my Chronic 2000 promo single “Cindafella” also had 2 different clean versions unheard with different beats on another promo for that album “Cindafella” & “Easy To Be A Soilder”. They also have different lyrics at parts. Anyway to get back to Quik – I’m always on the lookout for a lot of his rare sh*t so anybody got anything rare what you think I wont have, get at me.

I also found a CDQ version of  “Let’s Make A V” on my (very) rare Aftermath sampler.

Down, Down, Down
Hand In Hand
I Don't Wanna Eat It
P*ssy Melody
Pitch In On A Party (With Hook)
Pitch In On A Party (Without Hook)
Rogers Groove (Without any voice box)
Well (LP Version)
Well (Radio Version)
Youz A Gangsta
Trouble (Remix)

Time Iz Money
We Don't Luv 'Em
Late Night
Get Up

Plus a few others that he produced for Snoop. I know that theres certain ones that exist like “Black P*ssy” & “I Don’t Wanna Party Wit U” out there, Im positive I’ve heard them before.  

DJ Quik was never signed to deathrow records at any time. The album “Balance & Options” only took 2 days to make. Only 3 real tracks were made excluding the intro and outro. The rest were scraps from Quiks previous attempts. DJ Quik has 4 cars. Quik started in 86 with a release of a tape – (which if anybody knows or can get a hold of to contact me!!)

Trying to get as much unreleased stuff as possible too. Anybody who got a DJ Quik collection – videos, tapes, unreleased cuts, remixes, vinyl, anything just put it down.