Author Topic: DUBCNN EXCLUSIVE: Interview With Bud'da (Ice Cube/Westside Connection/Dr. Dre)  (Read 427 times)

Chad

http://dubcnn.com/
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/budda

Multi-platinum producer Bud’da has worked with a virtual who’s who of the music industry crafting sonic back drops for artists like Xzibit, Nas, Timbaland, Shanice, Lenny Kravitz, Tank, Dawn Robinson of En Vogue, King T, Dr. Dre, Aaliyah, and Ice Cube to name a few. It was with Ice Cube where this Pittsburgh, PA native became known throughout the industry and began a career of hit-making prominence. Producing five tracks on the Ice Cube-led Westside Connection album “Bow Down”, along with WC and Mack 10, including the earth-shaking title track “Bow Down”, Bud’da became a reputable producer while revitalizing the west coast sound amidst the East vs. West era.

Through that successful stint, and the mutual acquaintance of fellow Pittsburgh, PA producer Sam Sneed, the critically acclaimed Dr. Dre wanted to bring Bud’da even further into hip-hop history by featuring snippets of a Bud’da-produced track in the beginning and end of the 2pac & Dr. Dre video for “California Love”, off the late Tupac Shakur’s “All Eyez On Me”. Soon after Dr. Dre’s historic departure from Death Row Records, Bud’da was once again recruited to help the good Doctor form the foundation of his Aftermath empire, by co-producing the lead-single, “Been There, Done That”, off the “Dr. Dre Presents…The Aftermath” compilation project.

After numerous credits for Snoop Dogg, Xzibit, Ice Cube, Knoc-turn’al, Onyx and others, Disney invited Bud’da to score “The Proud Family” animated television series, the WB Network enlisted him to compose their animated series “The Boom Crew”, he later worked with both Spike Lee and Bill Duke on the television miniseries “Miracle’s Boys, which led Spike Lee to call upon Bud’da to score his wife’s 2006 show “That’s What I’m Talking About”. Currently, Bud’da is working with Disney on their upcoming television program “As the Bell Rings”, as well as working with his artists on his record label Bout Time Entertainment.

Dubcnn sat down with Bud’da to discuss a range of topics, including working with Ice Cube and Westside Connection on the monumental “Bow Down” project, who his early inspirations were, how he landed on the Dr. Dre & Aftermath production team, the background on a few of the classics songs he’s produced, and much more!
Stay tuned to dubcnn for the latest on Bud’da!

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/budda
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

MarshColin

Dope interview as always Chad. Now if we could just get a hold of that California Love video intro beat!

Jay_J

one of my favorite producers ever...

ice cube - extradition
knocturnal - cash sniffin noses
aaliyah - never no more
king-t - stay down
nowl - nationowl
xzibit - 3 card molly

these songs are classics... i wish he stop producing for movies and tv shows and start working with west coast artists...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
thanks for the interview.

maybe budda can get you in touch with mel man, chad :laugh:

Okka

Thanks, i'll check this out right away.

An interview with Mel-Man would be great. It's been so long since we heard anything from him.

Fraxxx

Much appriciated!
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Okka

Great interview. I wonder how Dr. Dre would've sounded over "Bow Down". I hope Bud'da gets back to workin' with Ice Cube and all the other West Coast artists he has worked with in the past. It's a shame he didn't have any beats on "Terrorist Threats". He's definitely one of my favorite producers even though he doesn't have so much music out there, but he only has a few beats i don't like.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
There were some things there I didnt know. Cool.

I would like to hear what Dre would have done to Bow Down as well.

TRG

Nice interview. He's up there in my favorite producers also.

but yeh... tell him to get Mel-Man out of obscurity!

Chad

Thanks for the feedback!   8)

There's some other things in the works, in regards to some of your responses, so stay tuned....
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com

David Gutterman

good stuff, thanx dubcnn  8)

Okka

There's some other things in the works, in regards to some of your responses, so stay tuned....

I really hope an interview with Mel-Man would happen. If we could drop some questions that would be great.

Chad

Dope interview as always Chad. Now if we could just get a hold of that California Love video intro beat!

careful what u wish for.... 8)

www.chadkiser.com

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Thanks, i'll check this out right away.

An interview with Mel-Man would be great. It's been so long since we heard anything from him.
lol he only did one or two interviews in his whole career i think :laugh:

Thanks for the feedback!   8)

8)

Samcro10

• Lil Geezy
sick sh8t
Hip Hop T Shirts @ http://WildcatTShirts.com