Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Talks Detox “Dr. Dre Has Wrong People In His Environment”  (Read 7369 times)

Quadruple OG

The only way I can see Detox living up to any hype is having Dre, D.O.C, Snoop, Warren G, Rage, RBX, Kurupt, Jewell, Soopafly and maybe even Daz, all locked away in a studio vibing for a few months.

Tha Dogg Pound (Daz and Kurupt BOTH.  It won't be right without em both and they BOTH know that no matter wat Daz or Dre say)

Can wish for it all you want, but there's no chance in hell Dre and Daz ever work together.

Okka

Can wish for it all you want, but there's no chance in hell Dre and Daz ever work together.

Yeah, but i think they still cool though. I got a picture of them and Snoop, Nate Dogg and B-Real that was probably taken back in 2000 or somethin'.

BiggBoogaBiff

Lmao @ Hollywood Bilderberg

So you don't want slaughterhouse or ti involved but you want wackass 50 to be a writer? Geez

All I want is doc, snoop, cube, nas, raekwon, kurupt, busta, eminem, nikki grier, and nate dogg.

Those features plus some acutal dre production and we have a winner

yeah wtf... lol

how come i cant say somethin without ppl thinkin im dissin somebody?  Slaughterhouse on a Dr. Dre album, that means Joell Ortiz and Joe Buddens would have to be on there.  Crooked I and Royce my niggaz (as is Joell) but this is "Detox" we're talking about, not the Slaughterhouse album.  

and how do u have the nerve to say 50 isn't capable enough as a song writer to deliver what Dre "needs"?  this is Curtis Jackson we're talking about, not the Young Gunz.  TI can write and rap on the album I'm not saying that he shouldn't, fuck r u talking about.

you guys put too much blind faith into the names.  Knoc Turn Al is my nigga but in 2011 would they still have that same chemistry like they did in 1999?  i mean it's possible that they could have better chemistry today but how serious do u think the doctor is considering that?  i tried to be a little realistic with it and not just stick to tha same exact formula Dre has had for his previous albums becuz truth be told if he went at it like that it'd probably be a little more boring than u think it would and that's just coming from the heart.

I know it's a little long but y'all should really re-consider reading that list again, just being honest.

BiggBoogaBiff

Yeah, but i think they still cool though. I got a picture of them and Snoop, Nate Dogg and B-Real that was probably taken back in 2000 or somethin'.

but see that's what i'm sayin.  BOTH of them know that they need each other for this album, maybe not from top to bottom like "The Chronic" but I can't see Dre's album being OFFICIAL without Daz on it and Daz know he needs to be on "Detox" becuz "Detox" at this point is bigger than Dr. Dre, it's like literally the soul  of his generation.  Becuz after "Detox", it's pretty much completely all about everybody else who wasn't involved in Ruthless Records and Death Row Records.

that whole old skool westcoast era will never ever die but "Detox" is like the burden for California and the Westcoast to move on. #feelme.  "Detox" is bigger than Dre.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
I disagree with most of you in here on this one.

I mean of course i just like y'all love the old click and would love for them to work closer with Dre for Detox. The thing is do you honestly think they would make that big of a difference now?

This ain't 1992 or 1999, it's 2011. The game has completely done a 180 and maybe Dre just doesn't have it anymore. I mean everybody says the same about Snoop, Dogg Pound and etc too so what makes you think they would elevate it so much?

I'm thinking it's more nostalgia than anything. If Dre decided to work in the lab with the old click and the album still bombed, would y'all blame them or would y'all just blame Dre? Cuz i that if he started working with them again and the album is the shit, everybody will give them the credit, but then if the album sucks everybody will say that it's Dre's fault.

The truth is that Dre just might not have it anymore and that is not something new or out of the ordinary. It happens to the best of them. He still has a huge legacy in Hip-Hop and will forever be remember as one of the greatest producers and i think we and he should leave it at that and maybe just scratch the whole Detox idea.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 08:24:30 AM by PhunkyDoob »

BiggBoogaBiff

I mean of course i just like y'all love the old click and would love for them to work closer with Dre for Detox. The thing is do you honestly think they would make that big of a difference now?

This ain't 1992 or 1999, it's 2011. The game has completely done a 180 and maybe Dre just doesn't have it anymore. I mean everybody says the same about Snoop, Dogg Pound and etc too so what makes you think they would elevate it so much?

I'm thinking it's more nostalgia than anything. If Dre decided to work in the lab with the old click and the album still bombed, would y'all blame them or would y'all just blame Dre? Cuz i that if he started working with them again and the album is the shit, everybody will give them the credit, but then if the album sucks everybody will say that it's Dre's fault.

The truth is that Dre just might not have it anymore and that is not something new or out of the ordinary. It happens to the best of them. He still has a huge legacy in Hip-Hop and will forever be remember as one of the greatest producers and i think he and we should leave it at that and maybe just scratch the whole Detox idea.

that's kinda like wat i waz saying when i said "Detox is bigger than Dr. Dre at this point".  and while what YOU said may be true (or not) we should still get an album tho.  not getting 1 would be a little disrespectful at this point in the game.

Edit:  and what would be so wrong with that Whistle being in there?  music has evolved so it's not like it would have to take up the whole beat and be constant thruout the entire album like "The Chronic" (even tho a track or two with nothing but the elements of pure G Funk might be interesting Sine-Piano-ElectricityMoogBass, just make it gangsta that's all... BrickSquad got gangsta shit all day).  "The Doggumentary" has it so why shouldn't "Detox"?  I agree if dude just throws on a loop and doesn't even really do anything to it and then throws on the sines and the moogs i'd probably be a little underwhelmed but if that Moog and that sine is missing then it just won't be complete... think about that
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 08:42:17 AM by Hollywood Bilderberg™ »

shmosh

Dre, D.O.C, Snoop, Warren G, Rage, RBX, Kurupt, Jewell, Soopafly and maybe even Daz

this, plus Nate, Game, Eminem, MC Ren & Cube

I want to see his old Chronic team, plus some of his Aftermath artists like Em & Game. It's his last album, he needs the old DR gang on there.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:21:11 AM by shmosh »

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG

The truth is that Dre just might not have it anymore and that is not something new or out of the ordinary. It happens to the best of them. He still has a huge legacy in Hip-Hop and will forever be remember as one of the greatest producers and i think he and we should leave it at that and maybe just scratch the whole Detox idea.

that's kinda like wat i waz saying when i said "Detox is bigger than Dr. Dre at this point".  and while what YOU said may be true (or not) we should still get an album tho.  not getting 1 would be a little disrespectful at this point in the game.

Yeah maybe, or just come up with a new concept for the album. It's good marketing. Right now Detox is nothing more than a hip-hop punchline. It's hard to take the album seriously at this point with all the delays and lackluster songs.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Lmao @ Hollywood Bilderberg

So you don't want slaughterhouse or ti involved but you want wackass 50 to be a writer? Geez

All I want is doc, snoop, cube, nas, raekwon, kurupt, busta, eminem, nikki grier, and nate dogg.

Those features plus some acutal dre production and we have a winner

yeah wtf... lol

how come i cant say somethin without ppl thinkin im dissin somebody?  Slaughterhouse on a Dr. Dre album, that means Joell Ortiz and Joe Buddens would have to be on there.  Crooked I and Royce my niggaz (as is Joell) but this is "Detox" we're talking about, not the Slaughterhouse album.  

and how do u have the nerve to say 50 isn't capable enough as a song writer to deliver what Dre "needs"?  this is Curtis Jackson we're talking about, not the Young Gunz.  TI can write and rap on the album I'm not saying that he shouldn't, fuck r u talking about.

you guys put too much blind faith into the names.  Knoc Turn Al is my nigga but in 2011 would they still have that same chemistry like they did in 1999?  i mean it's possible that they could have better chemistry today but how serious do u think the doctor is considering that?  i tried to be a little realistic with it and not just stick to tha same exact formula Dre has had for his previous albums becuz truth be told if he went at it like that it'd probably be a little more boring than u think it would and that's just coming from the heart.

I know it's a little long but y'all should really re-consider reading that list again, just being honest.

Have you ever heard a 50 Cent song? I mean GRODT was dope but he has always used the same 20 rhymes so how the fuck would he be able to write somethin mindblowing/extreme dope and fitting for Detox that we have not already heard? .

Dre's flow/delivery on Kush was kinda fresh and it wouldnt have been if 50 wrote it. It would be: Good/hood, chedda/better, gun/run, nympho/nympho etc. etc.

boring ass shit  ;D

$oKhalifas

• 'G'
  • NOWTHAT$GANG$TA BKA $oCal P$ycho
swear2god i JUST said that tha other day in a Dre/Detox thread (just look it up in my profile but whatever)....  I'll say it again, Dre needs to get a NEW Production Staff.  The Aftermath Staff has had it's run and it can't go on any further, "Relapse" is the best of the last.  C'mon pimpin' like i said let's keep this shit 1000:

Dre & Storch aren't gonna create a massive single or make some gigantic record (album cut) that's gonna completely shit on anything they've ever done and honestly it wouldn't even have 2 do that, their magic has faded a minute ago.  
Dre & Batson has never been really all that hot on more than half of the occasions.  
Dre & Elizondo for most of the 2000's have been lack luster, they've created some BANGIN ASS MUSIC no doubt but after "The Documentary" came out and he was doin' 50's chit like that I was always like "how long is this shit gonna last".  
Dre & Dawuan Parker has never been good "30 Something" was hot when it came out but everytime I hear it it reminds me of "Body And Soul" by OFTB.

Now Dre & Che Vicious is pretty nice.
Dre & Just Blaze have probably made some crazy ass records and they actually sound like they'd have some bomb ass chemistry (which is probably why Jus' has always been around).
Dre & Khalil, look i'll say this... I ALREADY KNOW Khalil is a tite producer and has been 1 of the better producers the WestCoast has bred since it made it's mark in 93'.  But the 2010/2011 DJ Khalil has been boring as fuck.  But I KNOW dude probably has thousands of records that's the hotness just laying around in the studio so I have a feeling that if Dre put Khalil on "Detox" that song "Kush" would be the laughing stock of the bunch... and speaking of "Kush" he should leave that shit off of there foreal foreal but I can't tell no grown ass man who's a legend in MUSIC what to do lol.

as for features:

Eminem - you know he's gonna be on there and it ain't gonna be no bullshit.  It'll most likely be everything we want in an Eminem verse(s).  As long as he's not on the hook doing that singing/chanting/whining/"die hard"/"my mom" shit everything's gonna be fine but in real life who actually needs an Eminem hook, who actually wants Eminem on their hook.  Starving artists would do it for the notoriety, any good/self respecting/respected artist wouldn't do that shit in the 2011 (Slaughterhouse doesn't count; seriously).
Slim Tha Mobster - it could be interesting but is it gonna be that elephant shit tho, does he really have it?
Sly -  :P
Slaughterhouse - nah i'm good.  i love the group but they couldn't rock a "Detox" track like that
Bishop Lamont - i think dude lost his steam and honestly as much as I respect Bishop I just couldn't hear him on "detox", maybe for like "The Message Pt. II" at the end of the album but that's it.
Busta Rhymes - yeah, that could work
The Game - nah.  unless satan takes over his soul or somethin
50 - he should've been 1 of the original writer's for "Detox".  I never understood why that was never established.  I mean it's not like Dre has to jack his flow (and he shouldn't) just to turn 50's raps into magic
Snoop Dogg - nothing needs to be said here
The DOC - again, nothing needs to be said here
T.I. - idk, i dont think so.  he could surprise us tho, it's not like those leaks were lackluster but truth be told "this is detox" was  :-[
Ludacris - nah
Young Knoxxx - honestly i'd have to hear more

what i'd like to see:  sorry but it's not like i dont know the truth about his beats lol
(production wise)

Dre + Kanye + RZA ("My Dark Fantasy Pt. II" type shit, without the long ass outro for no reason and without the album polish)
Dre + Bud'da (i know this sounds corny but take 1 of those old beats from the "DeathRow" and "Westside Connection" era and polish that bitch up in a real way)
Dre + Southside or Prince (just for tha Trapoholics out there.  could be a mixtape track if it's underwhelming, they'll know)
Dre + Just Blaze (gangsta shit tho)
Dre + Monsta Beatz (that combo would be sick.  Matter of fact take a little bit from ALL of Curren$y's producers and live band.  No Ski Beatz tho, it just wouldn't sound rite)
Dre + JUSTICE LEAGUE
Dre + Erick Sermon (it'd be interesting to hear atleast anyway, "Intro" maybe)
Dre + Alchemist
additional production assistance/instruments:  Shock G (pinch me), DJ Quik (on a track), Daz (synthesizer), Havoc

features:

Snoop
Tha Dogg Pound (Daz and Kurupt BOTH.  It won't be right without em both and they BOTH know that no matter wat Daz or Dre say)
Jay Rock
Kendrick Lamar (some funny gangsta shit tho)
Richie Rich
Eminem (just goin tha fuck off)
Devin
Tech N9ne
Scarface
Nipsey Hussle

Eazy E (i'm probably wishing too hard tho) - "new" verse tho
Makaveli (it was always a great unjustice to Hip Hop and music in general that we never got a Dre/Snoop/Pac trio collaboration)

Patti Labelle
Aretha Franklin
Chaka Khan
Amy Winehouse
Mary Mary
Nate Dogg (should i pinched for this)
Eryka Badu

DJ Easy Dicc

at the end of the day i think if this album falls into the whole 3 note piano boom bap thing it'll be a blower for everybody  :P... i've always had my faith tho

you made some well researched and insightful points, you also made a few 'what the fuck is this nicca talmbout' points. i like your features list minus maybe richie rich and all the diva singers (again, wtf is all that shit?), but i see how you would like to hear some soulful classic vocals integrated, nothing wrong with that i guess if done sparingly.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
im glad we got quick....

n he's not afraid to not fuck with his circle when he dont want too...

and glad I aint gotta hear a quik needs to produce a whole album for suga free or 2nd II none...

( wouldnt mind hearin a complete album with him n Hi-c)..lol

glad nobody in his circle is as emotional as dre's people is..alot of dre's people some grown ass babies..

u aint never heard d, kk, suga free, hi-c, hamm, tweed,jfn cry

like dogg, game, 50,and the rest

makes me stop listenin 2 em...dont want the faggotry to get in my brain...

let that man work...n be happy he comin back out....fuck who is in his circle now...be glad u might be on it...

fuck his environment who dogg think he is his guidance counselor
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 10:04:17 AM by 3rd Coast »

BiggBoogaBiff

Have you ever heard a 50 Cent song? I mean GRODT was dope but he has always used the same 20 rhymes so how the fuck would he be able to write somethin mindblowing/extreme dope and fitting for Detox that we have not already heard? .

Dre's flow/delivery on Kush was kinda fresh and it wouldnt have been if 50 wrote it. It would be: Good/hood, chedda/better, gun/run, nympho/nympho etc. etc.

boring ass shit  ;D

"Get Rich or Die Trying" is 50 Cent's worst album.... I REPEAT "Get Rich or Die Trying" is 50 Cent's WORST album.  Everything after that album (and some before) was way better than anything off of "Get Rich or Die Trying".  Just becuz you're not a fan of 50 doesn't mean people think he's wack.  Sure he doesn't have that same aura about him as before but that's becuz everybody knows he's got money out tha ass from everywhere and his whole thing before the Vitamin Water deal was "Get rich or die trying...".  Everything about "Kush" was weak (do u have a problem with my opinion).  

"Tha Massacre" was too long, "Curtis" was a little long and didn't have the right singles other than "I Get Money", and "Before I Self Destruct" wasn't put together the right way (he should've saved some of those mixtape tracks and replaced them with some of the less fulfilling tracks).  But then at tha same time he STILL put out all of that GOOD music in the same year around the same time so TECHNICALLY his shit wasn't weak.  You're too caught up in the fan-outrage nostalgia of 50 Cent instead of just listening to the music and taking it for what it's worth and what it iz.

polepositon

Don't fight the feelin...

The only way I can see Detox living up to any hype is having Dre, D.O.C, Snoop, Warren G, Rage, RBX, Kurupt, Jewell, Soopafly and maybe even Daz, all locked away in a studio vibing for a few months. Dre's music is too formulaic now, it's sounding forced and  most times it's just boring. All you hear is artists, who HOPE to be featured on it talking how great Detox will be etc etc but only D.O.C & Snoop are critical and REAL, that alone tells you who he should be working with to make this album what it should be.

These guys vibe so well together, the Up in smoke tour was the pinnacle. Dre can do whatever the fuck he wants at this point which is evident how long Interscope have waited for Detox, and all those guys I mentioned would easily drop anything to assist Dre.

I know it aint the 90's anymore, and I don't need the G-funk sythnizser or bitches & blunts etc but I know the vibe them guys have would bring good FUNKY music with some great skits/interludes, which is another thing everyone expects from a Dre album. Sadly I think it'll never happen now...
[/b]

well said.and dont forget about Cube and some Latoya Williams. Honestly though, I never was a Dre fan until he hooked up with these guys/girls. and even still i was only a fan of those who was surronding him. even when he use to come to my house sometimes... cuz my aunt sang with him...even when he use to do shows in ********, i never was a fan. it's time to bring his ass home and fuck with those who made him a brand. and that's the people mentioned within this quote and my reply.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:08:06 AM by poleposition »

BiggBoogaBiff

you made some well researched and insightful points, you also made a few 'what the fuck is this nicca talmbout' points. i like your features list minus maybe richie rich and all the diva singers (again, wtf is all that shit?), but i see how you would like to hear some soulful classic vocals integrated, nothing wrong with that i guess if done sparingly.

it wasn't really research but i know wat u mean lol.  I was going with what works and what could be.  Alot of these young bitches can't sing (they still need ALOT of time to develop).  if u want some REAL DR DRE music that's concrete then go straight to the source that's all I'm saying.  Patti, Aretha, Eryka, shiiit dogg u kiddin' me... that's year-round bbq music for the next decade.  i like Grier, I think Skylar has a beautiful voice and maybe she could work somewhere as adlibs or background vocals but people are CRAVING that REAL MUSIC/REAL HIP HOP from Dre (and everybody else i guess lol) so he should take full advantage of his power and his circle/his league.  

Just imagine, since Dre's album is gonna be played/recorded in live instrumentation then why not have something that's organic, that's soulful, that's direct/straight to tha point, why not make "Detox" beautiful lol.  I always thought Dre and Eryka's people should've collaborated, but maybe "Next Lifetime".  When you hear Eryka's records they're so soulful and fresh and some of em even sound like Next Level G Funk.  

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/MKa-lUp6Fak" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/MKa-lUp6Fak</a>
just take the aura of this song (instrumental wise), embrace the soul, listen to it and bask it in......... now throw in Dr. Dre in the mix:
(i know Luda re-did this particular one not too long ago but i'm not saying Dre should remake this 1)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/RyRcSnhoQdw&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/RyRcSnhoQdw&amp;feature=related</a>
now if Dre or somebody got some Nate Dogg verse(s) laying around then MOST DEFINITELY this would be it, this would be that track.  Imagine 1 of those tracks from "G Funk Classics" over this smh...god!  Hell put the whole 213 on the track, you know the people would eat that up.  And if you added a T.I. feature to that track it it would even sound good if Dre's considering puttin dude on the album.

*i'm not saying anything like Remake these particular tracks ("Didn't Cha Know" would be hot tho), all i'm saying is feel the vibe, get tha vibe.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 10:34:48 AM by Hollywood Bilderberg™ »

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P

boring ass shit  ;D

"Get Rich or Die Trying" is 50 Cent's worst album.... I REPEAT "Get Rich or Die Trying" is 50 Cent's WORST album.  Everything after that album (and some before) was way better than anything off of "Get Rich or Die Trying".  Just becuz you're not a fan of 50 doesn't mean people think he's wack.  Sure he doesn't have that same aura about him as before but that's becuz everybody knows he's got money out tha ass from everywhere and his whole thing before the Vitamin Water deal was "Get rich or die trying...".  Everything about "Kush" was weak (do u have a problem with my opinion).  

"Tha Massacre" was too long, "Curtis" was a little long and didn't have the right singles other than "I Get Money", and "Before I Self Destruct" wasn't put together the right way (he should've saved some of those mixtape tracks and replaced them with some of the less fulfilling tracks).  But then at tha same time he STILL put out all of that GOOD music in the same year around the same time so TECHNICALLY his shit wasn't weak.  You're too caught up in the fan-outrage nostalgia of 50 Cent instead of just listening to the music and taking it for what it's worth and what it iz.

youre obviously too fond of 50 to see/hear what he really does on tracks. and lmfao @ GRODT as his worst album. No point in discussin anythin with you if you feel that way.