What's your fav. solo debut release from G-Unit

The Hunger For More
9 (21.4%)
Straight Outta Cashville
29 (69%)
Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Favorite solo debut album from G-Unit  (Read 1986 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Favorite solo debut album from G-Unit
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2011, 05:38:04 PM »
I'm still shocked that people can like Yayo's album... Dude is one of the worst rappers, EVER. He makes song unlistenable, completely unlistenable.

Oh, and I see people mentioning Game's debut, was he in the group - like official?

kemizt

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2011, 06:31:10 PM »
I'm still shocked that people can like Yayo's album... Dude is one of the worst rappers, EVER. He makes song unlistenable, completely unlistenable.

Oh, and I see people mentioning Game's debut, was he in the group - like official?

Man I really don't think he's that bad, he's not an amazing emcee but he's not complete garbage

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2011, 09:40:55 PM »
Yayo's debut was no bad. The beats & features carried it, but he held his own on his solo songs.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2011, 10:07:32 PM »
Yayo's debut was no bad. The beats & features carried it, but he held his own on his solo songs.

+1 for not just hating lol  8)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2011, 11:09:08 PM »
Buck

Yayo did have some great production (and 50 was featured on 2/3 singles) - the same shit they tried to discredit game for. Yet his album sounded like shit because of his voice lol

The difference is 50 only wrote the hook for "I Know You Don't Love Me" and Yayo wrote the rest of the shit. On The Documentary 50 created / wrote the hook on "Hate It Or Love It", "How We Do", "Westside Story", "Special", "Higher" and "Church For Thugs" if I'm not mistaken.

50 only wrote "Hate It Or Love It" and "How We Do"

For real?

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/02/the-making-of-the-games-the-documentary/church-for-thugs#gallery

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/02/the-making-of-the-games-the-documentary/special#gallery

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/02/the-making-of-the-games-the-documentary/how-we-do#gallery

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/02/the-making-of-the-games-the-documentary/higher#gallery

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/02/the-making-of-the-games-the-documentary/hate-it-or-love-it#gallery

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/02/the-making-of-the-games-the-documentary/westside-story#gallery

Read what the people involved say about it they selves.. including Game and Angelo.

Straight Outta Cashville is the best to me.. Banks' had 6 real good songs (the 1st 2, and last 4), Yayo had a couple like "Live By The Gun", "Homicide" and "Dear Suzie" which are hella nice.

ok, so add "Special" and "Church For Thugs" to the list of songs 50 wrote... as for the rest, all I read was that the beats were originally for 50

Westside Story: "50 came in, heard the shit, and wrote the hook for it"

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2011, 12:23:04 PM »
i still bang soc to this day so...

by the way buck the world was also crack, its sad that he probably wount release any more albums

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »
i still bang soc to this day so...

by the way buck the world was also crack, its sad that he probably wount release any more albums

He released "the rehab" shit was average aside from a few joints. Buck the world was def the best g unit follow up album

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2011, 04:16:04 PM »

+1 for not just hating lol  8)

No hate here from me. Yayo's guest appearances on Buck's, Banks, Game's albums>Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon the entire album. Got nothing remotely close to that on his album and it made for a very flat sounding album minus 3-5 joints.

theremedy360

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2011, 04:22:08 PM »
Of those mentioned I would say Straight Outta Cashville but The Documentary was my favorite G Unit release.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2011, 04:09:54 AM »

+1 for not just hating lol  8)

No hate here from me. Yayo's guest appearances on Buck's, Banks, Game's albums>Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon the entire album. Got nothing remotely close to that on his album and it made for a very flat sounding album minus 3-5 joints.

Yeah Yayo was killing everything before it actually came to dropping his album, his mixtape before the album was dope too.

MistaNova

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2011, 04:37:49 AM »
Out of that list, Straight Outta Cashville.

But from G-Unit overall either Game's Documentary or Spider Loc's Da 1 U Luv 2 Hate.

Okka

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2011, 04:47:56 AM »
But from G-Unit overall either Game's Documentary or Spider Loc's Da 1 U Luv 2 Hate.

We talkin' about the group G-Unit, not the record label. I don't think Spider Loc's album was even released on G-Unit.

MistaNova

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2011, 06:02:00 AM »
We talkin' about the group G-Unit, not the record label. I don't think Spider Loc's album was even released on G-Unit.

I think you missed the part of my post where I said I picked SOC.
I know this is for the group, but I just wanted to add my favorite release from G-Unit while I was at it.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2011, 08:23:10 AM »
It sucks what's happened to buck, he dropped two great albums. Neither was classic but they were solid releases. He showed growth on the second album. Lose my mind is prob my fav song by him. His delivery was amazing

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2011, 08:27:42 AM »
Banks is my fav, but his albums werent that great. Rotten apple gets too much hate though, some of my favorite banks songs are on it.

As for yayo he's not as bad as some people make him out to be. Live by the gun, though mostly carried by focus' s amazing beat was a great track. Homicide was dope too, prob my second fab song on it. Now that I think of it it had quite a few dope songs, homicide, live by the gun, pimpin, I'm so high, I know you don't love me.

And I know it's not a solo album but the sdtrk for grodt was my fav g unit release