Poll

Which 3 do you think are the best and why?

Topless - T.I.
Topless - Eminem
This is Detox - T.I.
Shit Popped Off - T.I.
Coming Back - T.I.
Say Dr. Dre - Crooked I
It's Like That - Prophet
Ludacris - O.G's Theme
Untitled - Nino Bless
Back, Back, Bitch - Bishop Lamont
Who's Yo' Daddy, Bitch? - Bishop Lamont
Dope School of Rock - Rain
Only in California - Rain
I Got It - Rain
The Doctor - Young Knox
Westcoast Party - Young Knox
Other - what and why?

Author Topic: POLL: Your 3 favorite Detox reference tracks - Feedback is very important  (Read 1655 times)

Interscope Intern

• Lil Geezy
  • Screw the politics.
We gotta know...

Thnx

EnzoUK

Crooked I - Say Dr. Dre (Produced by Komplex)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/PjW_EnI1csE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/PjW_EnI1csE</a>

without a doubt, this is untouchable  8)
Twitter: @EnzoUK

BiggBoogaBiff

Crooked I - Say Dr. Dre (Produced by Komplex)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/PjW_EnI1csE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/PjW_EnI1csE</a>

without a doubt, this is untouchable  8)

that's what i voted for too.  as well as "Coming Back" and "The Doctor".  for the record though, is Interscope looking for more interns?

Matty

shit popped off

shit popped off

shit popped off

(topless t.i., say dr. dre - just for crooked's lyrics, from the others)

i somehow doubt anyone at interescope actually cares what us schmoes here think about anything to do with detox. if so, the project is in an even worser shape than imagined. fuck the yes men, fuck the internet critics. if dre can't just put out his very dopest shit and has no direction, he's done!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:05:19 PM by Matty »

Matty

and it's not on the list, not a detox or reference, but obviously

chillin' >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:cow:

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
No roof....

jeanmiche777

Shit popped off

Topless

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Shit Popped off
topless
tha doctor
say dr dre

Elson

who's yo daddy bitch - luv that track ,with dre's voice on it it ll be the shit
westcoast party - i love the beat
og theme - lyrics are hot and beat is dope
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 09:16:54 AM by Elson »

Triple OG Rapsodie

The Crooked I track would have been dope in the 90s. Now? Fuck no. Hook: This is Compton. Basic gangsta ish that would go nowhere if released today.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
most of the ones listed are mediocre.

say dr.dre, who's yo daddy bitch & dope school of rock have nice beats though.
We gotta know...

Thnx
lol, nice try. interscope should leak die hard in full

shit popped off

shit popped off

shit popped off

i somehow doubt anyone at interescope actually cares what us schmoes here think about anything to do with detox. if so, the project is in an even worser shape that imagined. fuck the yes men, fuck the internet critics. if dre can't just put out his very dopest shit and has no direction, he's done!
they want the album to sell well, that's all.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Funny shock thread  ;D, but here goes for what it's worth:

Topless - T.I. -- the only real hip hop oriented "Detox leak" so far

Tell Dre to go back to making real hip hop music.  Thanks.

The one with Jay-Z had a dope drum pattern.  Shit Popped Off was good.  I like Chillin as a guilty pleasure, but tell Dre to stay away from that crap.

Most importantly:

Tell Dre to stay away from Eminem's influence.  Get DOC and some others like J-Flexx to write for him again.  Have Snoop and the DPG in the recording sessions.  Soopafly on the keys.  VERY IMPORTANT: invite The Glove and Colin Wolfe back in for studio sessions.

If he's going to have guest artists involved in the recording sessions, make sure they are real hip hop artists and not hip pop artists like Eminem is these days.

Also, invite Quincy Jones and perhaps George Clinton in for a listen to the tracks that are being recorded so they can give advice for refinement and polishing.

MUST be rooted in hip hop and the love of game, not contrived, calculated pop music intended strictly for contemporary mass appeal.  Tell Jimmy to give Dre breathing room.  It's very important.

Finally, stop telling us Detox is coming soon when you and I both know you are lying about that.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 09:55:58 AM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Matty

We gotta know...

Thnx

shit popped off

shit popped off

shit popped off

i somehow doubt anyone at interescope actually cares what us schmoes here think about anything to do with detox. if so, the project is in an even worser shape that imagined. fuck the yes men, fuck the internet critics. if dre can't just put out his very dopest shit and has no direction, he's done!

that's the irony. going too far outta your way to cater to a perceived target audience seldom produces classic music. i don't see the problem with a track like shit popped off, i think something with that kinda vibe coulda been a universal smash. biased because of my musical tastes, but something with the head nodding funk appeal just works. a lot of this new stuff is lacking funk - it's just a lot of noise, pop music or too plodding.

and agree with the comments on topless. it's pretty much what's expected - tracks that capture an epic type of vibe and retain enough street appeal. the ideal detox is a mixture of these epic type of bangers and big party grooves. seems like there might be too much futuristic club or electronic music in the mix. i love those types of music and futuristic is cool, but it don't seem like that's dre's lane. others are better at it and it's like he's being pressured to go in that direction. under pressure for under pressure? :laugh:

my 2 cents anyway.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 05:25:10 PM by Matty »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

We gotta know...

Thnx

shit popped off

shit popped off

shit popped off

that's the irony. going too far outta your way to cater to a perceived target audience seldom produces classic music. i don't see the problem with a track like shit popped off, i think something with that kinda vibe coulda been a universal smash. biased because of my musical tastes, but something with the head nodding funk appeal just works.
yeah.
a lot of this new stuff is lacking funk, it's just a lot of noise, pop music or too plodding.
sound without focus, is just noise

Triple OG Rapsodie

I'm sure they're looking for critical acclaim as well, an album that will be regarded as a classic. There's a lot of albums that sell well that no one remembers later on.