Author Topic: Cleveland wins the 1st and 4th pick in the 2011 NBA Draft!  (Read 700 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Shit, they might be saying "LeBron who?" in a couple of years. :o
Probably not, but they can run the league if they play their cards right.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Cleveland wins the 1st and 4th pick in the 2011 NBA Draft!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 07:25:51 PM »
how was that possible? did they have the 4th pick from some other team via trade or some shit?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 07:26:50 PM »
Jared Sullinger? Ohio State boy.

That leaves the best player in the draft, Kyrie Irving to Minnesota who will yet again draft ANOTHER PG? lmfao.

Hopefully Kyrie winds up in Utah.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 07:28:01 PM »
how was that possible? did they have the 4th pick from some other team via trade or some shit?

Fourth pick was theirs, number one came from the Clippers. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 07:30:43 PM »

Fourth pick was theirs, number one came from the Clippers. 

LOL. damn, getting a 1st pick from a 32 win team, crazy.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

lbc213

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 03:59:22 AM »
So The Clippers got Mo Williams for Baron Davis + nr 1 pick....outch (must be frustrating) :stupid:

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 08:11:34 PM »

That leaves the best player in the draft, Kyrie Irving to Minnesota who will yet again draft ANOTHER PG? lmfao.

Not exactly, I heard that the wolves will trade the no.2 pick.

So The Clippers got Mo Williams for Baron Davis + nr 1 pick....outch (must be frustrating) :stupid:
Its kind of a long story, but the Clippers had to give up the pick.  Ask jaytee if he ever appears on here.  Besides they got the wolves 2012 pick & I heard that there's more talent in that draft than this one.   

LegendaryEternallyCLE

• Lil Geezy
  • Cleveland is the City where I come from
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 09:52:18 PM »

Jared Sullinger is returning to Ohio State

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 09:56:23 PM »
Not a very talented draft class. They will probably take Kyle Irving 1st overall who I believe is the ONLY player in this draft with "great" potential. Hopefully I'm wrong, but will
see.  I've read that Derrick Williams is a poor man's Michael Beasley. Wtf, a poor man's Michael Beasley as a top 2 pick?

On another note, I think Kemba Walker may make some teams "pay" for passing on him, as he probably won't go top 5
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 09:58:25 PM by Lunatic »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 08:34:14 AM »
Not a very talented draft class. They will probably take Kyle Irving 1st overall who I believe is the ONLY player in this draft with "great" potential. Hopefully I'm wrong, but will
see.  I've read that Derrick Williams is a poor man's Michael Beasley. Wtf, a poor man's Michael Beasley as a top 2 pick?

On another note, I think Kemba Walker may make some teams "pay" for passing on him, as he probably won't go top 5

Derrick Williams shot 57% from three. That's out of this World, but NBA defenders aren't going to let him get looks like that.

I'd say if he peaks to his fullest potential, he'll be Andre Iguodala part two.

As for Kemba, I don't know. Shoots way too many shots & not for a high percentage. I'm rooting for him though.

Cavs have the fourth pick too. I would consider taking Williams & then Brandon Knight from Kentucky 4th. But Kyrie could go on to be great. Hard to pass that up.

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 09:20:39 AM »

Derrick Williams shot 57% from three. That's out of this World, but NBA defenders aren't going to let him get looks like that.

As for Kemba, I don't know. Shoots way too many shots & not for a high percentage. I'm rooting for him though.

Cavs have the fourth pick too. I would consider taking Williams & then Brandon Knight from Kentucky 4th. But Kyrie could go on to be great. Hard to pass that up.
Yea, there's no way Williams shoots even close to that in the NBA lol. Iggy is a beast so you're right on that, that is probably Williams' ceiling.
I like Kemba a lot. Rooting for him as well.
I would take Irving first. Wouldn't risk passing on him. Knight has a solid chance at being a good pro too.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 01:23:04 PM »
derrick williams>>>>>>michael beasley

and look out 4 kemba walker

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 07:37:10 PM »
Cavaliers trying to trade for No. 2 pick?

The Cleveland Cavaliers, Detroit Pistons and Minnesota Timberwolves are reportedly in trade talks involving their draft picks. Posted by Ben Golliver.

Kyrie Irving or Derrick Williams? Why not both?

ESPN.com reports that sources say that the Cleveland Cavaliers, who own the No. 1 pick in the 2011 NBA Draft and are expected to draft Irving, a star point guard out of Duke University, are also considering trading for the No. 2 pick. The Cavaliers would then use that pick, which is currently owned by the Minnesota Timberwolves, to select Williams, a star forward from the University of Arizona.

The full trade rumor breaks down as follows:

•Detroit Pistons trade the No. 8 pick and Richard Hamilton to Cleveland Cavaliers.
•Cleveland Cavaliers trade the No. 4 pick and Detroit's No. 8 pick to Minnesota Timberwolves for the No. 2 pick.
•Cleveland uses its $14.6 million trade exception to absorb Hamilton's contract.
The site also reports...

Cleveland would then buy Hamilton out of the $25 million remaining in the last two years on his contract, leaving the veteran shooting guard free to sign with another club as a free agent. Chicago would be one of the likeliest destinations.
Let's take a look at this trade proposal from all angles.

First, for the Cavaliers, this would require a fair bit of capital expenditure in bringing Hamilton on board. He is owed $12.7 million next season and $12.7 in 2012-2013, although only $9 million of that is guaranteed. Hamilton, 33, still has a little fuel left in the tank and badly needs a change of scenery out of Detroit. If the Cavaliers love Derrick Williams, though, paying Hamilton is a reasonable cost to have the opportunity to draft Williams. This move would give the Cavaliers a core of Irving, Williams, Anderson Varejao and J.J. Hickson to build around, with Baron Davis and Ramon Sessions also in the fold as rotation players or trade assets. Additional moves would need to be made to clarify that rotation, including the possibility mentioned above of buying out Hamilton, but no doubt that team wins more than the 19 games Cleveland won in 2010-2011 and the group would clearly be on an upward path. Nabbing the top two "sure thing" prospects in a draft would have to be considered a major win.

The Timberwolves would consider this trade because Williams is probably too similar to Michael Beasley, who is already in place. Trying to dissect this franchise's logic is always difficult, but if Minnesota prefers a big man like Enes Kanter, he will likely be available at No. 4 and they would be able to add an asset for flopping spots. With the No. 8 selection, the Timberwolves could then address their point guard position if either Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker was still on the board, or they could add a shooter -- something they desperately need -- like Alec Burks or maybe even take a chance on Bismack Biyombo. Like the Cavaliers, the Timberwolves need a lot of help. Does Williams alone make them better in the short term? Would Knight plus Burks or Kanter plus Burks be a better combination?ere'The Pistons, here, are probably griping that the cost of moving Hamilton's contract is too high, as it would leave them without a first round draft pick. Indeed, the Detroit Free Press reported that a source denied the talks were taking place and Detroit News reported soon after this rumor broke that the "Pistons wouldn't trade Rip, who's almost becoming an expiring contract w/lockout coming, and get rid of a draft pick." That's half-true at best. Hamilton is owned at least $20 million, the franchise is under new ownership and badly needs to rebuild, and Hamilton made life absolutely miserable all season long for coach John Kuester. The Pistons should be happy to pay for the right to dump him, but obviously they don't want to be left empty handed. There's definitely a way to get Detroit happy with this trade, whether it's sending back a lower pick, a role player or a future draft consideration. Shedding Hamilton's contract and attitude is priceless if Detroit is serious about taking their team in a new direction.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »
Honestly still wouldn't make them a contender.

Although, I do think Kyrie has the potential to be an elite PG & Derrick Williams could Andre Iguodala Part II, not only is that not enough to win in what seems to be a league headed towards "SUPERSTAR" teams, but whose to say one of the two won't just pull a LeBron when his contract is up?

It would be a cool storyline if the Heat lose to the Mavs this year & then Dan Gilbert actually has a chance to beat LeBron to a ring. But still, the odds of that are under 1% lol.

dexter

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 09:37:36 AM »

d