Author Topic: 2 Years Later - DJ Quik & Kurupt - Blakqout  (Read 881 times)

KoldThug

• Lil Geezy
Re: 2 Years Later - DJ Quik & Kurupt - Blakqout
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 03:08:37 AM »
9X Outta 10 still goes hard, but I expected so much more from both of these great artists!

LilRealest

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2011, 07:30:50 AM »
super nice album for sure

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2011, 03:25:28 PM »
musically, it is still one of the best west coast albums that dropped within the last 2-3 years... lyrically it should have been way better and the album had way more potential as a whole in general. i said it back then and i say it now, if they wouldn't have put "Whatcha Won Do" on it twice and if they wouldn't have leaked about 2/3 of the songs already before the release and if they would have put like 2 more really good tracks on it, it could have been amazing. but in my honest opinion, especially kurupt blew it with his lyrics and i usually like kurupt. but he was too lazy on most of these songs. i didnt expect great lyrics from quik anyway so i blame kurupt for the most part. i dig the lyrics on "do you know", "hey playa", "9x outta 10" and "fuck yall". on the production side i think the albums is really great besides "whatcha won do". i also like the musical part on "exodus" but they could have at least put some singing on it. and "jupiters critic and the mind of mars" woulda been dope if they didnt use that wack vocoder.

So to me, it's also crazy that it's already 2 years since it dropped. I still play some of them songs now and then, especially when the weather is nice, but the album was disappointing as a whole because it had the potential to be a lot better and they blew it.

book of david >> blaqkout imo
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2011, 04:27:51 PM »
my god that shit was 2 years ago?

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Mo-D

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Me and Kurupt - Brisbane 2007
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2011, 06:40:33 PM »
It got my number 1 spot for album of the yr 2009.

Seven quality tracks. I have said it time and time again, this album was a summertime anthem. Blaqkout, Cream in Ya Panties, Ooh, Do you know, Hey Playa, Fuck Ya'll, 9 x ouit of 10 and The Appeal.

Amazing tracks!

This album was one of the best in a while. Nothing since has surpassed it for me.

Book of David got close.

Matty

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2011, 08:02:45 PM »
It got my number 1 spot for album of the yr 2009.

Seven quality tracks. I have said it time and time again, this album was a summertime anthem. Blaqkout, Cream in Ya Panties, Ooh, Do you know, Hey Playa, Fuck Ya'll, 9 x ouit of 10 and The Appeal.

Amazing tracks!

This album was one of the best in a while. Nothing since has surpassed it for me.

Book of David got close.

i think BOD is definitely better overall, it's slowly burning in as a classic here. there's so much quality on it, more consistent than Blaqkout. but standout wise, Hey Playa!, Cream N Ya Panties, Fuck Y'all, The Appeal are up there with all the best tracks on BOD like Do Today, Luv Of My Life, So Compton. there's nothing as bad as Wat Cha Wan Do on BOD tho. both albums make a great collection of current era Quik 8)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2011, 12:03:32 AM »
good album.... a few bangers, a couple skippers

2euce 7even

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2011, 03:34:47 AM »
dat lp shoulda drop n tha 90´s ... best producer and best rapper came to an album togejther and the result?=garbage..aint nothin west about it..

Will_B

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2011, 04:59:49 AM »
dat lp shoulda drop n tha 90´s ... best producer and best rapper came to an album togejther and the result?=garbage..aint nothin west about it..

Lol makes me smile when people say Quiks a dope producer but BlaQKout was garbage...like it's so different from the usual Quik :laugh:

b.laden

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2011, 08:30:56 AM »
KURUPT AND QUIK ARE LEGENDS BUT THAT ALBUM IS WACK LMAO

makaveliapostle

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2011, 02:01:47 PM »
absolutely still listening to this album.  just banged the hell out of this over memorial day weekend at the beach.  i thought kurupt was kind of lame, but quik's lyrics were entertaining as hell (as usual) and the production was coconuts.  dope ass album that will always get spins from me....especially come summertime!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 02:03:38 PM by makaveliapostle »

love33

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2011, 08:47:47 PM »
"DO YOU KNOW" gets a spin from me every once in a while -- I think the video is one of the best of all time -- it's got that west vibe all the way -- 9 times out of 10 has a dope beat but I really havent listened to it in a long long time

Elkoizm