Author Topic: damn what happened to hip hop?  (Read 966 times)

Will_B

Re: damn what happened to hip hop?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 06:58:11 AM »
Brotha lynch hung DAAM and CHS  :o

Is Lynch underground? I thought DAAM was a big release..

killakastro

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 07:20:57 AM »
please kill yourself if you think hip-hop is dead

Mainstream hip hop is dead  ;)
Underground hip hop is still alive  ;D

So tell me what was the latest underground project to drop which was just mind blowing?

Brotha Lynch as stated, Stic Man - The Workout is the shit

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 08:41:05 AM »
 Dels new album!!
 No features, just beats, lyrics, no r&b.
 Hip hop and fucken dope hip hop at that.

Soopahigh

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 08:51:00 AM »

So you think Lynch is a mainstream artist ? ok...

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 09:01:58 AM »

Mainstream hip hop is dead  ;)
Underground hip hop is still alive  ;D

So tell me what was the latest underground project to drop which was just mind blowing?

I won't. Not on this forum.... i don't want to start another argue on what's good what's not.  lol
Seriously now. You guys should stop moaning about how hip hop sucks these days. It don't. Just make a research. I'm sure you gonna find something special for you. Of course it's not that easy as turning on the radio but if you want to hear good music you should give it a try. And i'm not saying this to disrespect you. I was moaning just like you do not that long ago. But then i found out i was wrong.... peace... and good luck...

Brotha lynch hung DAAM and CHS  :o

lol.... compare it to Drake's, Em, Wayne's, Kanye's (etc.) releases and think about it again...
What is more DAAM is a Strange Music release, right? And Strange Music is an indie label, right?

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 09:12:27 AM by shoo »

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 09:07:23 AM »

I won't. Not on this forum.... i don't want to start another argue on what's good what's not.  lol
Seriously now. You guys should stop moaning about how hip hop sucks these days. It don't. Just make a research. I'm sure you gonna find something special for you. Of course it's not that easy as turning on the radio but if you want to hear good music you should give it a try. And i'm not saying this to disrespect you. I was moaning just like you do not that long ago. But then i found out i was wrong.... peace... and good luck

I really do spend a lot of time goin through songs, checkin for that new dope shit and even some way old shit Ive havent caught up on yet.

I just think majority of new releases suck. Then we have Revenge of The Barracuda, Book Of David and Firing Squad to give us hope. Trials Of The Blackhearted and that Mack and Malone joint wasnt bad either.

There is still hope. Just a lot of bullshit too.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 09:19:14 AM »

Seriously now. You guys should stop moaning about how hip hop sucks these days. It don't. Just make a research. I'm sure you gonna find something special for you. Of course it's not that easy as turning on the radio but if you want to hear good music you should give it a try. And i'm not saying this to disrespect you. I was moaning just like you do not that long ago. But then i found out i was wrong.... peace... and good luck

I really do spend a lot of time goin through songs, checkin for that new dope shit and even some way old shit Ive havent caught up on yet.

I just think majority of new releases suck. Then we have Revenge of The Barracuda, Book Of David and Firing Squad to give us hope. Trials Of The Blackhearted and that Mack and Malone joint wasnt bad either.

i feel you... well i think it also depends on what you are looking for. I'm not into gangsta/hardcore rap that much recently so i haven't checked new indie releases yet.
I'm more into easy-listening jazzy rap nowadays. And i'm more than happy with new releases :)

Inferio07

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 09:24:11 AM »
X-Raideds new album is the latest underground album I purchashed and now im gonna purchase that Techn9ne

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 09:46:13 AM »

i feel you... well i think it also depends on what you are looking for. I'm not into gangsta/hardcore rap that much recently so i haven't checked new indie releases yet.
I'm more into easy-listening jazzy rap nowadays. And i'm more than happy with new releases :)

Aight then. What type of names you recommend then? Im open for basically any genre of music I just want dope music!!  ;D

BiggBoogaBiff

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2011, 10:32:44 AM »
yea, i agree tho.
the industry isnt wack, its just oversaturated wit alot of misleadin new generation/youtube-bullshit.
if u school urself, u will find suitable pieces for u n ur musictaste.
jus look around, its still out there..

like Kno (Cunninlynguists) last album.
arguably, the most innovative hiphop-album lyricaly, for a long ass time.
n i just found a mixtape by some rappn bitch named Ill-Camile. DL-link on the forum - best shit this yr IMO
 i find cool music all the time

i lovd "CHS", its a very good album if u like horrorcore n cinematic storytellin, but "mindblowin" now? really?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 10:42:03 AM »
Its all money and there are hardly any good producers to draw the best out out of these young pups. Yeah most of these new rappers think their shit don't stink, but who is developing them into better artists? Oh they don't need it? Oh really? ;D

Nearly everything coming out of rap sounds cheap as fuck on production.

You got (mostly)..

No producers only beatmakers (cheap, and theres no synergy between the beatmaker and the artist)
No real studio time (cheap)
No real musicians (cheap) everything done on laptops :-X
No samples being paid for (cheap) to use AND the real hiphop DJ skills are in decline, in danger of dying out completely..even scratches, and who is using them?? are done in software!!
No mixing and mastering, no decent hardcopies ..so many CD's I'm buying sounding like their mastered from mp3 (cheap)

To top that artsits even have to promote themselves on Twitter!! (cheap cheap cheap lol)

I'm not saying you can't get a good result spitting over a premade beat, but what happened to the art of making real music with the artist like a few years back..

From an interview with Bink!

"Kurupt - 'Girl Iz All Pause'

B: The Kurupt’s situation… You know the other record I did on his album is called 'Trilogy'. My manager at the time gave Kurupt a DAT of the 'Trilogy' beat and he immediately went to the studio and he did like a hundred bars down here. We were supposed to mix it in Philly. I came down there to mix the record with him. He wanted to spit the vocals over. We all agreed that it didn’t sound better and that we wanted to keep the original. So we had like four hours in the studio. I was there, Nate Dogg was there and Kurupt was there. I did 'Girl Iz All Pause' on the spot. We had that record done in three hours. It was crazy how we ended up making that record.

I could cry when I read stuff like that. ;D
They made one of the best West Coast anthems from start to finish in 3 hours from a blank page. :monkey: :cow: :banana: :banana_rock:

Bring back real hiphop producers in the main and get them coaxing the best shit of the lucky rappers that get a chance to work with them.

Set standards don't follow. 8)

why you gotta make me read bro?

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 11:08:41 AM »
hip hop was a movement when gangsta rap came on the scene...niggas put down those jvc boom boxes, and cardboard mats and n picked up vest and a strap..

if u lookin 4 the hip hop of old....its in tokyo japan..they still breakdance out there...adidas jumpsuits, shell toed the whole 9..

its funny rap came on the scene...all the other music outlets hated on it...

east coast made it big...n successful

west coast get in it... east coast screamed the shit was dead..and it wasnt real music...n started the self destruction movement..n cried about the messages...

puffy came n thru put glitter in the game..from the shit he learned in the south....when he was in atlanta...

be4 the south showed boys how to ride big...everybody was on them lil bitty daytons and vogues...its documented..go google  what people was ridin on the east n west coast...nothin more than 15inches...

south came in the mix...both cost that originally was hatin on each other..started hatin on the south...

more they hated on the south...the more southern rappers..that many call trashed..out hustled the haters...everytime hate comment that emerged..a new rapper was birth...

one label that got the most..still relevant til this day...

always wondered if the people cryin about hip hop and the game put the same amount grind they put into the tears they use to cry...n do somethin about the game...the game would be better...

aint no way in hell gucci mane, soulja boy or d4l was suppose to got in the game n eat.....thats the cry babies fault..lol..

y i support all the rappers other consider trash..kuz why niggas sittin around hatin on a movement..these niggas that got the hate...hustle they ass out...

hustle > sittin on ya ass boohooin bein a critic

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 11:19:05 AM »

Mainstream hip hop is dead  ;)
Underground hip hop is still alive  ;D

Well none of the 3 albums you mentioned in this thread are even in my top 10 for the year. Either you don't listen to shit or we have completely different tastes. Naming albums off to you is useless, but since you asked...

Kool G Rap - Riches, Royalty and Respect
Reks -Rhythmatic Eternal King Supreme
Elzhi - Elmatic
Deadverse Massive - Takeover
XV - Zero Heroes
Vandalyzm - Bitch Im Mis'Talented
Cunninlynguists - Oneirology
Pharoahe Monch - W.A.R.
Raekwon - Shaolin vs Wu Tang
Saigon - TGSNT
Big K.R.I.T. - Return of 4Eva
Strong Arm Steady - Arms and Hammers

I enjoyed the fuck out of these albums. Its been a good year for hip hop  8)