Author Topic: damn what happened to hip hop?  (Read 961 times)

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: damn what happened to hip hop?
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2011, 04:44:30 PM »
Yea I mean hearing drakes verse right now on dj khaleds im on one song I was like whoa! But why can't he do that all the time that's hip hop after his verse is over I usually turn da song off.
Bullets aint got no names

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2011, 04:58:06 PM »
hip hop isnt dead it just takes naps from time to time.

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2011, 10:30:44 PM »
If you want hip hop then listen to hip hop.
Don`t listen to pop rap, find out you dont like it, and say that hip hop is dead.

I think this is one of the best two years period of hip hop in many many years, at least according to my taste 8)
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2011, 03:18:18 AM »
please kill yourself if you think hip-hop is dead

Mainstream hip hop is dead  ;)
Underground hip hop is still alive  ;D

So tell me what was the latest underground project to drop which was just mind blowing?

I won't. Not on this forum.... i don't want to start another argue on what's good what's not.  lol
Seriously now. You guys should stop moaning about how hip hop sucks these days. It don't. Just make a research. I'm sure you gonna find something special for you. Of course it's not that easy as turning on the radio but if you want to hear good music you should give it a try. And i'm not saying this to disrespect you. I was moaning just like you do not that long ago. But then i found out i was wrong.... peace... and good luck

I really do spend a lot of time goin through songs, checkin for that new dope shit and even some way old shit Ive havent caught up on yet.

I just think majority of new releases suck. Then we have Revenge of The Barracuda, Book Of David and Firing Squad to give us hope. Trials Of The Blackhearted and that Mack and Malone joint wasnt bad either.

There is still hope. Just a lot of bullshit too.

i feel you... well i think it also depends on what you are looking for. I'm not into gangsta/hardcore rap that much recently so i haven't checked new indie releases yet.
I'm more into easy-listening jazzy rap nowadays. And i'm more than happy with new releases :)

Aight then. What type of names you recommend then? Im open for basically any genre of music I just want dope music!!  ;D

If you're open-minded you should check out dutch rapper Pete Philly. I'm impressed with his old and new projects lately. Not that long ago he put out free album "Open Loops". His music is quite specific so it's going to be hit or miss for you. Give it a try. Fortunately he is rapping in english.
I'll give you more examples if you like it. I'm truly impressed with the whole dutch rap scene...

Shit is cool.. Not somethin I would bump daily but he can spit.

And to you stalkers why is it that yall say I dont know shit about hip-hop just cause I have opinions that doesnt match yours and every other brainwashed puppy?

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2011, 03:45:09 AM »
actually its because u started downloading mp3's instead of buying albums. so an artist doesnt need to make a hot album, just a hot single.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2011, 10:18:41 AM »
And to you stalkers why is it that yall say I dont know shit about hip-hop just cause I have opinions that doesnt match yours and every other brainwashed puppy?

Because all you listen to is washed up 90s west coast rappers. And then you make stupid statements like "hip hop is dead" when you havent heard 95% of what's coming out. It's like me saying rock is dead when I don't listen to most of it.

Your playlist is all WSC and Ice Cube. It's obvious you have a very limited perspective on rap. Now if you were to say 90s gangsta rap is dead I would probably agree.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:20:14 AM by SPICE TWO »

Sikotic™

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2011, 11:03:49 AM »
Nothing really happened to hip hop except you're getting older.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2011, 11:09:58 AM »

Because all you listen to is washed up 90s west coast rappers. And then you make stupid statements like "hip hop is dead" when you havent heard 95% of what's coming out. It's like me saying rock is dead when I don't listen to most of it.

Your playlist is all WSC and Ice Cube. It's obvious you have a very limited perspective on rap. Now if you were to say 90s gangsta rap is dead I would probably agree.

Naah I listen to a lot of different eras of music.. And I never said hip-hop was dead.. I just said the creativity is not there anymore with the majority of rappers.

And yeah right now Im bumpin Cube & WSC? That doesnt say shit about what I listen to daily/how I see hip-hop?

I bump new albums every week but most of them just disappoint.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2011, 11:38:37 AM »

Naah I listen to a lot of different eras of music.. And I never said hip-hop was dead.. I just said the creativity is not there anymore with the majority of rappers.

And yeah right now Im bumpin Cube & WSC? That doesnt say shit about what I listen to daily/how I see hip-hop?

Not according to your lastfm profile  :D

Face it, as far as rap goes you listen to mainstream shit and the few west coast rappers that are popular on this board. That's it.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2011, 11:39:37 AM »

naw son, u be sayin' some of tha wildest shit i've ever saw lol.  

when u said "era" that kinda shows everybody how u think.... u listen to it by the "era" instead of just listening to the music for what it iz and not basing it off of bias.  

last u say the "creativity" is gone..... there's CLEARLY more creativity in tha game today than there ever has been and that just doesn't go 4 hip hop but music in general.  you're narrow minded, it's ok, you're not alone lol.  u get dissapointed by the new shit becuz u wanna be dissapointed, not becuz the music it'sself is disspointing (it's you).

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2011, 11:40:05 AM »

Not according to your lastfm profile  :D

Face it, as far as rap goes you listen to mainstream shit and the few west coast rappers that are popular on this board. That's it.

exactly

and nobody's hating on u son, just stop acting like someone/something you're not. 

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2011, 11:45:01 AM »
It just seems like there is no creativity left and 90% of all singles sound like what the labels want.

That's how it sounded when Death Row was popular too. After The Chronic dropped, every album from the west coast was copying that style.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2011, 11:48:54 AM »
It just seems like there is no creativity left and 90% of all singles sound like what the labels want.

That's how it sounded when Death Row was popular too. After The Chronic dropped, every album from the west coast was copying that style.

Gamestarr when he said the word "every" he literally meant "every" (well for the most part anyway). 

Will_B

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2011, 12:28:16 PM »
actually its because u started downloading mp3's instead of buying albums. so an artist doesnt need to make a hot album, just a hot single.

Good point , and this goes for all genres of music..

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2011, 12:44:40 PM »

Not according to your lastfm profile  :D

cause I bump them online before I dl. And if the album is shit why would I dl?

I listen to whatever I feel like and I dont like a lot of the new albums coming out? Why the fuck yall bothered by that?

and why does sayin ''era'' show my ''limits''?

Ill say this one last time. I listen to whatever I feel like no matter what YEAR, ERA, GENRE it is.