Author Topic: damn what happened to hip hop?  (Read 962 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: damn what happened to hip hop?
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2011, 02:52:11 PM »
gamestarr is getting yoked on

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2011, 03:05:29 PM »
gamestarr is getting yoked on

becuz it's crazy how he thinks/wants us to believe that he's this super open minded dude who stays up on all the new shit and the good shit (monthly or even yearly) but then turns around and says "Rubbaband Business II" is wack or Curren$y's music is average/lame except for a few tracks and so on.  

dude's a foreigner, we get it, no one cares, but to say u bump alotta tha NEW shit and call it wack is beyond belief and kinda shows his ignorance towards it all.  i don't know why he's lying just kick it smh.

R Kelly

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2011, 03:56:57 PM »

Bunch of squares on here longing for a time that doesn't exist and theorizing why the world of hip hop doesn't cater to them.

I think Marlo Stanfield from The Wire said it best.

"Marlo Stanfield: You want it to be one way.
Security Guard: What?
Marlo Stanfield: You want it to be one way.
Security Guard: Man, I don't want it to be --
Marlo Stanfield: You want it to be one way.
Security Guard: [losing temper] Man, stop --
[pulls himself together]
Security Guard: Stop saying that.
Marlo Stanfield: But it's the other way."

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2011, 04:31:18 PM »
Ill say this one last time. I listen to whatever I feel like no matter what YEAR, ERA, GENRE it is.

Obviously that's whatever falls into your tiny little comfort zone. Which is washed up 90s rappers and the "new west" rappers who imitate them. Aren't you the guy who said one of the most classic hip hop songs in history was a piece of shit? And called Pete Rock's most famous beat boring? You have zero taste in music. If you think there's nothing good, out that's a great sign for the rest of us.

love33

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2011, 08:45:55 PM »
The rap industry is oversaturated -- Look there's rap music everywhere from every coast coming out on the internet every single day -- I dare you to try to listen to every artist who drops singles on major hip hop sites -- you would be there for 5 hours trying to hear all the music and you wouldnt get a good grasp of it (only could listen to each song once maybe twice) --

There's just so much of it now coming out plus the ability to download (it's all about new music and instant downloads) that a song becomes "old" or "forgotten" in 2-3 weeks.  People might burn the track with a bunch of new tracks and play it out then burn a new cd -- also, youtube does all the music videos so the singles arent even a big deal anymore -- its tough for even name artists to sell now (just ask usher and dr dre)

Will_B

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2011, 11:33:23 PM »
I'm not surprised Usher ain't selling. He used to be one of the leading names in mainstream music, stayed on top for years...every album was lead with 2 or 3 monster crossover singles I think he could sell to just about anyone and their grandma. Shame now he's totally jocking the current trend and making that diddy bopper ringtone trash like everyone else. Labels think hype gimmick sounds and viral videos are the onlything that sells music anymore...and the only people that buy music are attention-deficite suffering web addicted kids.