Author Topic: lyrically ross >>> jeezy  (Read 1172 times)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Re: lyrically ross >>> jeezy
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2011, 12:26:38 PM »
And spice aren't you always bagging on crooked I because he hadn't proven he can make a good album but yet your biggin up jay who releases like one song a year?

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2011, 12:30:37 PM »
People sleep on fiend way too much. He's an amazing hook artist, making many songs on no limit great songs. And he consistently drops good albums. His last mixtape and his work with currensy and such is top notch. His tennis shoes and tuxedos tape was smooth shit.

He also dropped a dope album with 3 6, Arthur knows what I'm talking about.

Id take him over 80 percent of south acts, he's versatile as fuck from a music stand point
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:32:37 PM by Jaydc is back »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2011, 12:40:10 PM »
so true...fiend is dope as fuck id love to hear a whole album with him and mystikal.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2011, 12:42:30 PM »
ghetto mafia and hitman sammy sam was the first southern rappers to ever talk about "the trap" and do "trap beats"

Blood$

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2011, 12:48:01 PM »
It just depends on the mood I'm in. Sometimes I want lyrical backpack shit sometimes I want some trap music. Music is music and it's all subjective.

AMEN

Blood$

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2011, 12:49:12 PM »
And spice aren't you always bagging on crooked I because he hadn't proven he can make a good album but yet your biggin up jay who releases like one song a year?

here's his response already: "one Jay Electronica song a year > Crooked I's HHWs"  :P

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2011, 12:55:12 PM »
so true...fiend is dope as fuck id love to hear a whole album with him and mystikal.

No limit had tons of filler but if you sift through it thiers some genuinely amazing music.

Where is mystikal I'm waiting on an album now that he's out

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2011, 12:59:12 PM »

No limit had tons of filler but if you sift through it thiers some genuinely amazing music.

Where is mystikal I'm waiting on an album now that he's out

absolutely...c murders life or death is constantly in my cd rotation the 2nd album by tru is one of the rawest southern rap albums ever.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2011, 01:01:43 PM »
I stil regularly bump silkk- charge it 2 da game, c murder- life or death, master p - ghetto d, fiend-thiers one in every family, mystikal - ghetto fabulous and Mac-shell shocked

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2011, 01:19:22 PM »
ghetto mafia and hitman sammy sam was the first southern rappers to ever talk about "the trap" and do "trap beats"

i forgot all about Hitman Sammy Sam lol.  He had that 1 song that came out a few years ago too. 

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2011, 01:35:22 PM »
before sammy sam did step daddy he was one of the realest d boy/rappers to come out of atlanta ever

and @jaydc mystikals doing a whole album with manny fresh supposedly

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2011, 01:41:09 PM »
before sammy sam did step daddy he was one of the realest d boy/rappers to come out of atlanta ever

and mystikals doing a whole album with manny fresh supposedly

let me find out u know some shit Petey lol

that Mystikal album will be the shit if they focus on the music more than the brands

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2011, 01:48:48 AM »
you may as well call preemo a southern artist cause of where he is from if u want to add all those guys from the list

theyre from the south, but they sure as hell aint 'southern rappers' because they (jay, little brother + cunning) pretty much just make NY rap. so lets not joke
wait so just cuz a rapper from the south doesnt have that trap sound they aren't southern rappers?? you stupid as hell for that one theyre making HIP HOP theyre rappers from the south so they are southern rappers

ok so they are southern rappers thats cool. but they make NY rap

e: im actually a fan of them all but i listen to them when i wanna hear some ny shit, because they dont sound like they are from the south at all, and thats what i mean
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:51:14 AM by SCREWFACE »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2011, 02:17:00 AM »
what is this thread, the who's who of southern mediocrity? You want hot shit from the south? Little Brother, Cunninlynguists, Jay Electronica, Outkast, Big Krit are better than anyone mentioned thus far.

you want hot shit from the south? you want backpacker approved acts with no southern sounding identity? (oh and outkast and big krit)

the NY/west/bay bias against the south is really fucking sad

What the fuck is a southern identity?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2011, 02:21:33 AM »
what is this thread, the who's who of southern mediocrity? You want hot shit from the south? Little Brother, Cunninlynguists, Jay Electronica, Outkast, Big Krit are better than anyone mentioned thus far.

little brother disbanded, cunninglynguists is stale lately, jay electronica is scared to even try and big krit has room to grow...im talking about niggas with albums and labels and crews and shit.

little brother is one of the GOAT southern groups though and krit WILL be a problem.

Cunninlynguists dropped one of the best albums of the year, as well as Kno's solo being the best album last year. What are you smoking? As far as "niggas with albums" they are one of the best things going not only for the south but for hip hop period right now. Sure as fuck beats talking about a mediocre rapper who hasn't released an album in 3 years (read jeezy).