Author Topic: Interesting stat in Kobe vs Jordan debate......  (Read 2750 times)

Sccit

Interesting stat in Kobe vs Jordan debate......
« on: June 26, 2011, 11:51:50 PM »
Some of you may already know this, but i never gave much thought to this before today...when comparing Kobe's and Jordan's scoring accomplishments, i noticed how much higher the amount of scoring was in the league back when Jordan played.

Just to take the two players highest scoring years as an example, MJ scored 37.1 ppg in 1986-1987, when teams were averaging 109.9 ppg. In contrast, Kobe scored 35.4 ppg in 2005-2006, when teams were averaging 97.1 ppg.

Or, to put it another way:
MJ: 37.1/109.9 = 0.337579618
Kobe: 35.4/97.1 = 0.364572606

Kobe's "ratio," based on 109.9 points per game, would have equaled 40.1 ppg.

When seen in the context of his era, Kobe's peak scoring is even more impressive.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Interesting stat in Kobe vs Jordan debate......
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 12:36:36 AM »
lol, too bad we're talking about years neither team won & Kobe was playing a "D-league roster", chucking up an unbelievable amount of shots.

Your ENTIRE argument against LeBron is what he does in the playoffs & his regular season stats mean nothing. Then when when it's Jordan vs. Kobe, you get all hypocritical & post regular season statistics. Not to mention, you're crediting Kobe for scoring points he didn't actually score. "IF KOBE PLAYED THEN, HE MOST LIKELY WOULD HAVE SCORED 40 PPG, THEREFORE HE'S BETTER THAN JORDAN". How you sound? :laugh:

Speaking of which, LeBron has never been eliminated in the first round of the playoffs lol.

On top of that, Jordan was three years pro then & Kobe's stats are nine years pro.

The more I look into Jordan to find a hole for a LeBron case in the future, the more I realize how great MJ was & how nobody really comes close.

Go to sleep.

Mietek23

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 10:16:48 AM »
lol, too bad we're talking about years neither team won & Kobe was playing a "D-league roster", chucking up an unbelievable amount of shots.

Your ENTIRE argument against LeBron is what he does in the playoffs & his regular season stats mean nothing. Then when when it's Jordan vs. Kobe, you get all hypocritical & post regular season statistics. Not to mention, you're crediting Kobe for scoring points he didn't actually score. "IF KOBE PLAYED THEN, HE MOST LIKELY WOULD HAVE SCORED 40 PPG, THEREFORE HE'S BETTER THAN JORDAN". How you sound? :laugh:

Speaking of which, LeBron has never been eliminated in the first round of the playoffs lol.

On top of that, Jordan was three years pro then & Kobe's stats are nine years pro.

The more I look into Jordan to find a hole for a LeBron case in the future, the more I realize how great MJ was & how nobody really comes close.

Go to sleep.

Precise. +1

westside4life

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 10:28:04 AM »
damn nikcc you in love with kobe or something?? you an embarrassment to laker fans, let kobe do kobe and let him win his own rings without being compared to MJ, MJ is MJ, Kobe is Kobe and you sound like a teenie bopper

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 12:41:07 PM »

Go to sleep.

why u gettin so bitter, son? i just presented an interesting fact, one which u probably never even thought of, and u hop all over my nuts for it...quit bringing lebron into the equation like the little groupie u are...mj has 6 rings, kobe has 5.....lebron has 0. that shit must make it harder for u to cum when u jerk it to his pictures or some shit...get help, son.

i never said anything about kobe "most likely scoring 40 ppg"...i presented a fact, that in terms of ratio, 35.4/97.1=40.1/109.9....too bad ur too fucking retarded to understand and had to get ur panties in a bunch over it. i never said it's the reason kobe could be better....in fact, it's usually the jordan groupies who use jordan's stats from his championshipless season to say Kobe can't touch him...btw, u say kobe "chucked up an unbelievable amount of shots", yet jordan "chucked up" even more shots in his greatest scoring season...it's time to stop getting so obviously emotional over lebron not being on jordan or kobe's caliber. at least do a better job of hiding it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 01:37:15 PM by NIKCC »

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 12:41:28 PM »
damn nikcc you in love with kobe or something?? you an embarrassment to laker fans, let kobe do kobe and let him win his own rings without being compared to MJ, MJ is MJ, Kobe is Kobe and you sound like a teenie bopper

LOL, i have a new fan

teecee

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 02:14:58 PM »
Some of you may already know this, but i never gave much thought to this before today...when comparing Kobe's and Jordan's scoring accomplishments, i noticed how much higher the amount of scoring was in the league back when Jordan played.

Just to take the two players highest scoring years as an example, MJ scored 37.1 ppg in 1986-1987, when teams were averaging 109.9 ppg. In contrast, Kobe scored 35.4 ppg in 2005-2006, when teams were averaging 97.1 ppg.

When seen in the context of his era, Kobe's peak scoring is even more impressive.

Imagine what Kobe could average if he was as efficient offensively as MJ

Citizen-Y

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 02:39:49 PM »
.539 > .469

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 04:52:37 PM »
LOL thier is NO Kobe vs Jordan debate except in your mind.I don't think I've seen anyone but a laker groupie even think thier is a debate

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 05:27:31 PM »
LOL thier is NO Kobe vs Jordan debate except in your mind.I don't think I've seen anyone but a laker groupie even think thier is a debate

That's what I'm saying. This guy says I'm bitter...you just sat there & came up with some crazy statistic to attempt to prove a point that is just irrelevant.

My favorite part of your posts is how you demand people to agree with you or else they're "nutriding". It's simply amazing how defensive you get when people shut you up.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 07:53:03 PM »

MJ got 5 MVP awards too, kobe?  only 1
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 12:54:23 PM »

Imagine what Kobe could average if he was as efficient offensively as MJ

actually, as i pointed out previously, in Kobe's last 6 playoffs, his efficiency percentage has been higher than Jordan in his last 6 playoffs with the Bulls.....lmao. That's for EACH YEAR, not on average. suck that one, son.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 12:59:20 PM »
.539 > .469

and what percentage is that, exactly? in Jordan's highest scoring season, he shot 48% while averaging less than one 3 point attempted per game. over the course of his career, he shot 49.7%.....having an efficient long range jumpshot>not having a dependable shot from outside. percentages do not take into account how much range u have. Shaq shot 58% on his career...58%>any season Jordan ever had. thats right, son.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 01:00:43 PM »

i'm pretty damn sure i'm not the first person to compare the 2 players, and i wont be the last...........maybe if u followed basketball instead of following me around into threads to ride my nuts, u'd notice that.

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 01:06:37 PM »

That's what I'm saying. This guy says I'm bitter...you just sat there & came up with some crazy statistic to attempt to prove a point that is just irrelevant.

My favorite part of your posts is how you demand people to agree with you or else they're "nutriding". It's simply amazing how defensive you get when people shut you up.

no...ur not a nutrider because of this, lmao, uv been a nutrider wayyyy before.... but notice, i posted up an interesting fact, and instead of refuting it by presenting facts of ur own, u come in here on some bs "kobe chucked up a bunch of shots in that season!", "you're crediting kobe for points he didn't score!!", "I love LeBron!!"....nothing u said was relevant nor did it make any sense...so next time, when i present reasonable statistics that most people dont know, try bringing up valid points instead of speakin out ur ass about how much u love lebron and how no one will ever touch jordan because u said so...son. it not only makes u look dumb, but also gay. step it up.