Author Topic: Once and for all, whats the infatuation with Death Row records ?  (Read 1300 times)

Your favorite posters favorite poster

Re: Once and for all, whats the infatuation with Death Row records ?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 07:53:34 PM »
What's the infatuation with people complaining about Death Row years after the fact?

I expected better out of you Hack.

Once again no infatuation, I just wanna know why so many people here dickride Death Row.  I wanna know why so many of the lames here still think Suge and DR are relevant ?  Instead of focusing on the upcoming westcoast acts so much is spent on this worthless piece of scum and his defunct record label.  Hell the reason no one ever heard a peep for a while from ya boy Crooked was because the industry blackballed him because of his Suge ties.  But you tools still dickride that 350 pounds piece of scum like his opinion and label have mattered some time in the past 15 years.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 07:56:23 PM »

Do you feel going on rants romanticizing hip hop makes you any less white?

no, but I do feel that your abbreviated intellect, and that your brief, narrow vision of the world prevents you from understanding the things that I say.   Since your substance is weak you are stuck in the mud of bigotry, false pretense, and a retarded personal evolution.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 07:56:58 PM »
LMAO @ greatest culture in history being death row in 1996.

Shakespeare has nothing on hit em up!

Do you actually believe the retarded shit you write?

If so please gps your mouth to the nearest gun

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 08:00:34 PM »
I find it disturbing that Infinite keeps using the word climax to describe West Coast hip hop. :-\

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 08:00:56 PM »
What's the infatuation with people complaining about Death Row years after the fact?

Once again no infatuation, I just wanna know why so many people here dickride Death Row.  I wanna know why so many of the lames here still think Suge and DR are relevant ?  Instead of focusing on the upcoming westcoast acts so much is spent on this worthless piece of scum and his defunct record label.  Hell the reason no one ever heard a peep for a while from ya boy Crooked was because the industry blackballed him because of his Suge ties.  But you tools still dickride that 350 pounds piece of scum like his opinion and label have mattered some time in the past 15 years.

it seems like you are too preoccupied with what people are worrying about

why do Cowboy fans spend so much time thinking of the good ol' days?  thats because they haven't had shit to be happy about in over a decade.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 08:01:14 PM »
\

OK now can I get an answer from someone that doesn't have severe emotional issues ?

I gave you the real answer.  And the fact that you can't see it, and that you can't see that Pac was a rose that grew from the cracks of concrete, is regrettable.  

...ibut if you want to know the reason why you don't see it, and why your soul doesn't seek it, you need to look inward.  Because you can only find outside of you, what first exists within.  It's like Arab poet Khalil Gibran writes in The Prophet...  he writes about how his soul was striving to hear in words what he had always known in heart.   And about music being the voice that couldn't be kept silent and couldn't be put into just (regular) words.    

No you basically went on a tangent romanticizing 1996 and threw in your subjective opinion that Death Row was the peak of the hip hop culture.  And over the past few years I have looked deeply inside me and thats why I don't look at a 25 year old male that got himself killed because of his ridiculous actions in the last few months of his life.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 08:02:06 PM »
To put it simply, Death Row on the cover of the Source in the summer of 1996 (just one month after the historic Dre leaving Death Row cover), Suge Knight, Pac, and Snoop... represented the Climax of what I believe is the greatest American culture ever invented.   Hip-Hop.   
 Good lord.  I love me some Dr. Dre and Tupac too but expand your fucking horizons, bro.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 08:05:48 PM »
To put it simply, Death Row on the cover of the Source in the summer of 1996 (just one month after the historic Dre leaving Death Row cover), Suge Knight, Pac, and Snoop... represented the Climax of what I believe is the greatest American culture ever invented.   Hip-Hop.   
 Good lord.  I love me some Dr. Dre and Tupac too but expand your fucking horizons, bro.

Exactly which point did I make that you consider to be incorrect?

1.  That hip-hop is the greatest American culture ever invented?

2.  That Death Row/Summer of 96 was the hieght/climax of rap music?

which is it?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 08:07:17 PM »

it seems like you are too preoccupied with what people are worrying about

why do Cowboy fans spend so much time thinking of the good ol' days?  thats because they haven't had shit to be happy about in over a decade.

Really, your best analogy is comparing a defunct record label that had a good four year run to a franchise with a very long history ?  Really ?

And one thread from me, means I'm preoccupied with what people are worrying about ?  Really ?   So why even bother asking questions anymore ?  Basically it sounds to me you guys realize how pathetic the adulation you have for Suge Knight is ?  At least infinite tried to answer the question with his long winded rant about nothing.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 08:11:15 PM »
Exactly which point did I make that you consider to be incorrect?

1.  That hip-hop is the greatest American culture ever invented?

2.  That Death Row/Summer of 96 was the hieght/climax of rap music?

which is it?
You mean I only get to pick one?

Sikotic™

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 08:33:36 PM »
STOP THE FUCKIN PRESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They make Suge Knight t-shirts?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 08:42:59 PM »
STOP THE FUCKIN PRESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They make Suge Knight t-shirts?

looking to cop one? haha
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sikotic™

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 08:43:35 PM »
But on the real: I can see people made a big deal about it from '96 up until the early '00s. It was fresh in people's minds and made for an interesting story. That's why countless books and documentaries have been made off of that period of time. I would be a liar if I said I wasn't caught up in all the drama and shit that went down. I was like 12 years old during all that and couldn't believe what was going down. But that was fuckin 15 years ago. The entire discussion has been beaten to death. It's getting to the level of those creepy fucks who reenact the American Civil War once a year.

Still, it beats other recent discussions like Dre's comfort level and who knits his skin tight sweaters.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 08:58:42 PM »
But on the real: I can see people made a big deal about it from '96 up until the early '00s. It was fresh in people's minds and made for an interesting story. That's why countless books and documentaries have been made off of that period of time. I would be a liar if I said I wasn't caught up in all the drama and shit that went down. I was like 12 years old during all that and couldn't believe what was going down. But that was fuckin 15 years ago. The entire discussion has been beaten to death. It's getting to the level of those creepy fucks who reenact the American Civil War once a year.

Still, it beats other recent discussions like Dre's comfort level and who knits his skin tight sweaters.

Exactly....it was interesting when it all went down.  It was interesting a few years after the fact too.  I can't lie, it was.  But it stopped being interesting 10 years ago and DR and Suge haven't been relevant longer than that.  And the older I got the more I realized what a fucking moron Suge was for losing what he had and losing it in such a short time.  People here act like Suge is this mythical creature like the cyclops or a botoxless Orit but lets really look at what suge did.

1. Hung Vanilla Ice over a balcony
2. Forced his name onto the back of albums even though he didn't do a thing
3. Raped Sam Sneed
4. Got Pac killed
5. Lost everything
6. Takes pics with DUBCC members

He really didn't do much

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 09:00:33 PM »
Death Row released its first record 19 years ago. As storied as the company is we still don't know all the inside details to what went on around there. We'll never truely get over death row and really who says we have to?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"