Author Topic: Which song got you hooked on to Rap??  (Read 778 times)

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
Re:Which song got you hooked on to Rap??
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2003, 07:03:17 PM »
Which got me extremely hooked from just lieking a bit of rap is

Dr Dre - Still Dre

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2003, 07:18:54 PM »
I remember listening to a grip of songs when I was younger...

LL COOL J  "Momma Said Knock You Out"...

I used to be big on Hammer shit... "Cant Touch This"... "2 Legit"... even knew tha hand signals n shit.. and even tha Adams Family Song...

Digital Underground "Tha Humpty Dance"

Mellow Man Ace "Mentirosa"

Eazy E "Boyz N Da Hood"

Too Short, Mostly Born To Mack and Life Is.... "Cusswords", "Dont Fight Tha Feelin" and "Life Is" have alwayz been classic songs to me....

Dj Quik "Tonite" & "Sweet Black Pussy"....

MC Breed "Aint No Future In Yo' Frontin"...

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Mudpole

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2003, 02:18:15 PM »
Dre - Keep Their Heads Ringin'

S.G.V.

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2003, 02:26:21 PM »
Deep cover is the first rap song i really remember enjoyying....
thats what got me hooked...i always heard hip hop...and i listened to it..but deep cover triggered me to get into hip hop deeply...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2003, 02:27:12 PM by S.G.V. Tha Unda Dawg »

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2003, 03:35:27 PM »
Now there's a backseat/lover
That's always under/cover
And I talk til my daddy say

WALK THIS WAY!

dpgc2002

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2003, 04:41:30 PM »
Nuthin but a g thang...

Bigg Crown

• Lil Geezy
  • DPGC-2g's Finest
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2003, 05:17:13 PM »
the one I remember getting me hooked was "Paul Revere" from the Beastie Boys Licence to Ill tape back in 86... I was about 8. havent looked back since ;)

Smooth

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2003, 05:28:31 PM »
Snoop Dogg - Who am I? (what's my name) I remember back in like grade 5-6 my buddy's dad bought the tape for his birthday... I didn't even know what rap was or how good that album would turn out to be but I LOVED it... it's been my favourite ever since...

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

C.F.D.T

• Lil Geezy
  • supersupreme
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2003, 04:10:17 AM »
it was snoop g'z and hustlaz!!!

kalliweed

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2003, 04:43:49 AM »
whats my name got me hook to rap back in 93..actually i got doggystyle before tha chronic can u believe that?

Sven

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • gangsta of art
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2003, 08:43:59 AM »
Snoop Dogg - Who Am I

Damn Nima, u must have been like 5 or 6 years old when that song was all over the radios... ahah just playing.

Mine was I got 5 on it I remember...
Drop down, do the eagle, fuck that Real gangstas just pull up they pants and lean back! - www.svenellerbrock.de

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2003, 09:22:40 AM »
I can't believe I ain't replied yet.

Anyways, growing up, rap was always on the radio. My mom listened to 99.1, and 99.9 in Riverside, both oldies stations, but 99.1 was turning into a more 90's station, though it was '89. LOL... I was like 8 when I heard Eazy E, and so I liked that, later buying the tape from a friend in like 4th or 5th grade, can't remember. But listening to 99.1, 'cause I couldn't get KDAY, I didn't know the numbers, I heard Lighter Shade of Brown, On A Sunday Afternoon. Now I like rap, as I heard LL Cool J Mama Said Knock You Out, SCC You Gotta Deal Wit Dis (Gangsta Luv), Hi-C Sitting In The Park and I'm Not Your Puppet, Eazy E Boyz N Th Hood, and other rap songs, and like rap, but it was Lighter Shade Of Brown that really got to me. First off, they was Mexicans from Riverside, by my home at the time, and city I was born. I listen to that song, it was chill, laid back, and had Chicano lingo that I knew growing up, and I was I love with Hip-Hop. I knew that it wasn't just black music, it was everyones music. And I did research, and Hip-Hop historians consider Hip-Hop to be both black and Latin, because Puerto Ricans help start Hip-Hop along with the blacks, so it even makes me feel more adcepted in the culture, and seeing other groups of people adapt to Hip-Hop, and seeing whites, Asains, and Pacific Islanders also join in, makes me know Hip-Hop is bigger, and my love grows. Hip-Hop, my first love, and the only one the understands me.

Efrain

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2003, 10:00:35 AM »
damn, just thinking back to all the music coming out back then its hard to put your finger on that one song that did it. Im gonna have to go with the whole chronic album, Eazy's "real muthafuckin Gz" and cube's Lethal Injection which i still think gives the chronic a run for its money. from 91 to 95 its was real fun getting into the music because it was so new and groundbreaking... krazy shit.