Author Topic: United mother fucking states  (Read 1488 times)

when it rains it pours

Re: United mother fucking states
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 07:18:01 PM »
Epic! WINNING! That was a thrilling game. Japan got a little lucky but never gave up and stayed dangerous. Best game of the tournament.
US had a good chance at taking a nice lead in the beginning; they took open shots at the goal and missed, they hit the pole 3-4 times. just not there day. Both teams were in very good shape though, none of the players showed any signs of being tired even in the last minutes of over time.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 08:21:31 PM »
ugh, great game, but fuck man, what a choke at the penalty kicks. also that 2nd goal, that #11 jawn fucked up so bad, she should have cleared that ball out of there. weak. oh and the goalie and alex morgan are sexy.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 11:55:24 PM »
World Cup determined on 5 kicks of pure luck each. Now that's a sport.

luck? You don't know shit, keep your stupidity for yourself.

Aren't all the decisive throws and free throws in the last minutes of a NBA game pure luck? Now that's a sport.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 02:50:29 AM »
::)

kemizt

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 09:50:52 AM »
lol @ the Soccer defense. LOL @ comparing them to NBA free throws. They've never determined the outcome of a game after the 4th quarter ever & those aren't luck at all considering some players shoot 90+% & some less.

Let's not act like all you have to do is kick it right & hope the goalie goes left. It's pure luck. The goalie before the shot guesses where the kicker (who knows where he's kicking it) & makes a blind dive hoping they guessed right.

& like someone said above, alright true 120+ minutes of Soccer "ain't no joke". That's why they shouldn't end it on some bullshit game of chance.

I mean they might as well made the game eleven minutes long & just straight up went to penalty kicks.

Don't blindly defend your sport, looks bad. I'm pretty sure if I had ten kicks against the greatest goalie in the World, I'd score 3-4 goals & most of my misses would just be me completely missing because I suck.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 11:10:48 AM »
lol @ the Soccer defense. LOL @ comparing them to NBA free throws. They've never determined the outcome of a game after the 4th quarter ever & those aren't luck at all considering some players shoot 90+% & some less.

Let's not act like all you have to do is kick it right & hope the goalie goes left. It's pure luck. The goalie before the shot guesses where the kicker (who knows where he's kicking it) & makes a blind dive hoping they guessed right.

& like someone said above, alright true 120+ minutes of Soccer "ain't no joke". That's why they shouldn't end it on some bullshit game of chance.

I mean they might as well made the game eleven minutes long & just straight up went to penalty kicks.

Don't blindly defend your sport, looks bad. I'm pretty sure if I had ten kicks against the greatest goalie in the World, I'd score 3-4 goals & most of my misses would just be me completely missing because I suck.

Different goalkeepers have varying styles when defending a penalty kick.  Some react to the shot, others try to analyze body language.  Others memorize each kicker's history of penalty shots.  Luck is involved, in the same fashion that luck is involved in all sports where centimeters is the difference between winning and losing.  The percentages of it isn't the same as a coin toss.  And speaking of a coin toss, in the NFL playoffs when they go to Overtime  possession is decided on an actual coin toss. 

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 11:27:03 AM »
And speaking of a coin toss, in the NFL playoffs when they go to Overtime  possession is decided on an actual coin toss. 
lmao

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 11:31:28 AM »
Some of these bitches sexy nowadays lol. France & Sweden had bomb teams :P
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 03:43:22 PM »
Isn't there twice as many flops?
Maybe they learned from David 'the hayemaker' I mean 'the flopmaker' Haye from his last boxing match vs. Klitschko  :D

And congrats to Japan.  After what happened to that country this year they deserved it.  Another reason I wanted them to win I cause I like asian women.  I don't watch soccer, I did glance to espnnews when the penalty kicks happened. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 12:45:07 AM »
C'mon, son. They showed the slow motion replay of those penalty kicks four times after each one. The goalie is in a straight up all out dive before contact with the ball is even made. How is that not pure luck? You can study all you want. Bottom line, you have NO idea.

& how does the NFL coin flip determine the game? It just says who gets the ball. Plus they changed the rules of that, where you need to score a touchdown. If you kick a FG, the other team gets the ball back to match or score a winning touchdown. They just installed it last postseason, so I'm not sure of the exact rule. But regardless, it's not in the same league. All the coin flip does is give a team the ball. Then from there they play the same game they played for four quarters. They don't call out both kickers & say, make as many kicks as you can in a row.

"If both are elite players and know their crafts, the one who is kicking the ball is going to win just about every time," Gustavson says. "Basically, if you kick the ball into either corner, you are going to score. The keeper would just not be able to react fast enough to a ball kicked anywhere over 55 miles per hourif it is kicked within a yard of either goalpost."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2003-02-18-ten-hardest-penalty-kick_x.htm

If you stop something that is going to win "just about EVERY time", I'd say that's luck. & this is what determines the "Super Bowl/World Series/Finals" of Soccer, which all you Soccer fans cry about is the "greatest, most popular game ever". There is less luck in Black Jack.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 02:26:44 AM »
Tell that goalie she was lucky the US team choked, lol.

bouli77

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 03:13:59 AM »

i'm not the biggest fan of penalty kicks but you're exaggerating a bit when you call that "pure luck each". It's more than that. It takes courage, skills and mental stability to take penalty kicks. That's why there are nations that are notoriously bad at penalty kicks (Italy, England) and nations that are fucking unbeatable (Germany never lost any penalty kick session ever), if that was pure luck the stats would be even for each team. That's a psychological thing more than anything. Basically i view things like this : if you win the penalty kicks, you have proved to be the most capable under pressure, you have shown character and values.

It's based on intuition, self-confidence and skills... of course without skills you can still score a penalty kick, but you're more likely to fold under pressure, especially at a crucial moment like that. now a well-taken penalty can never be stopped, and that's what the germans are excellent at.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 06:18:50 AM »
C'mon, son. They showed the slow motion replay of those penalty kicks four times after each one. The goalie is in a straight up all out dive before contact with the ball is even made. How is that not pure luck? You can study all you want. Bottom line, you have NO idea.

& how does the NFL coin flip determine the game? It just says who gets the ball. Plus they changed the rules of that, where you need to score a touchdown. If you kick a FG, the other team gets the ball back to match or score a winning touchdown. They just installed it last postseason, so I'm not sure of the exact rule. But regardless, it's not in the same league. All the coin flip does is give a team the ball. Then from there they play the same game they played for four quarters. They don't call out both kickers & say, make as many kicks as you can in a row.

"If both are elite players and know their crafts, the one who is kicking the ball is going to win just about every time," Gustavson says. "Basically, if you kick the ball into either corner, you are going to score. The keeper would just not be able to react fast enough to a ball kicked anywhere over 55 miles per hourif it is kicked within a yard of either goalpost."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2003-02-18-ten-hardest-penalty-kick_x.htm

If you stop something that is going to win "just about EVERY time", I'd say that's luck. & this is what determines the "Super Bowl/World Series/Finals" of Soccer, which all you Soccer fans cry about is the "greatest, most popular game ever". There is less luck in Black Jack.

lol. No argument is ridiculous enough for football-basher Chamilla. Go and play with Nik idiot.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2011, 06:30:57 AM »

i'm not the biggest fan of penalty kicks but you're exaggerating a bit when you call that "pure luck each". It's more than that. It takes courage, skills and mental stability to take penalty kicks. That's why there are nations that are notoriously bad at penalty kicks (Italy, England) and nations that are fucking unbeatable (Germany never lost any penalty kick session ever), if that was pure luck the stats would be even for each team. That's a psychological thing more than anything. Basically i view things like this : if you win the penalty kicks, you have proved to be the most capable under pressure, you have shown character and values.

It's based on intuition, self-confidence and skills... of course without skills you can still score a penalty kick, but you're more likely to fold under pressure, especially at a crucial moment like that. now a well-taken penalty can never be stopped, and that's what the germans are excellent at.

On point.  One might add that German teams are so confident because they can always rely on excellent keepers while England usually has bad ones. It's no coincidence, if you know that your keeper might save 1 or 2 penalties you definately have a psychological advantage.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:42:28 AM by Furor Teutonicus »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 08:48:10 AM »
Cham, don't base your judgement on penalty kicks on female players.  They're nowhere near the talent as a world class football athlete is.  And about the NFL, they recently changed it just last year.  That's still luck though, it decides who gets to have the first chance and possibly only chance to win the game.  In international soccer, after 120 min of playing time that's the most fair way to figure who the best team is. It can't be considered pure luck, if goal keepers exist that are much better and stopping penalties than others.  This fact alone proves that it isn't pure luck.  All the advantage of the world is for the shooter of course, they still need to execute though. 

If your wish came true and penalties did not decide games, what's an alternative?