Author Topic: United mother fucking states  (Read 1490 times)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Re: United mother fucking states
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2011, 09:22:29 AM »
NHL does rotate but the risk of injury is far greater in it then soccer. Soccer isn't a physical sport, thiers less wear and tear on players. Your not getting bodychecked, hacked with a stick and punched.and during a shift you don't see players barely moving, thier constantly moving at high speed. Where as soccer every player isn't always moving at a highspeed constantly.The risk of injury in the NFL and NHL far surpasses every other sport, because thier physical sports.

Every other sport  keeps playing until one team wins, as it should be. They risk injury in far greater amounts then soccer. Injury risk is a lame excuse to not keep playing when the two more brutal sports do it.

It's lame, and blasphemous to the sport. No other league does it and for good reason

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2011, 09:38:03 AM »
I was referring to injuries due to playing time, not the sport itself. If your body is conditioned to peak in 90 minutes of play, and you play an extra 30 minutes...players bodies start to feel it and it's shown.  Cramps is probably the ones you get to see the most, you're going to have to stop play every few minutes after 120 minutes of play to deal with a player.  And you'll probably end up with 10 v 9 or some bs shit like that.  Since soccer is also the sport where a score is least likely to happen, you can be playing for a really long time.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2011, 01:13:50 PM »
NHL does rotate but the risk of injury is far greater in it then soccer. Soccer isn't a physical sport, thiers less wear and tear on players. Your not getting bodychecked, hacked with a stick and punched.and during a shift you don't see players barely moving, thier constantly moving at high speed. Where as soccer every player isn't always moving at a highspeed constantly.The risk of injury in the NFL and NHL far surpasses every other sport, because thier physical sports.

Every other sport  keeps playing until one team wins, as it should be. They risk injury in far greater amounts then soccer. Injury risk is a lame excuse to not keep playing when the two more brutal sports do it.

It's lame, and blasphemous to the sport. No other league does it and for good reason

you dork know that most injuries are not caused by contact and that the legs are the most vulnerable parts of the body? The kegs/feet have more to sustain than NFL/Hockey players.
I don't think there are more injuries in your 'physical' sports than in football.
I know so many people who've ruined their health with football, I can't even count. I've had knee surgery myself last year and 2 years ago I had my collar bone broken (by a hit from another player btw).

And there are enough brutal scenes in football, you see these kinds of videos every few weeks

And there are enough players who clash with their heads together going for a header etc...

But my bad, maybe football clubs should recruit steroid filled bodybuilders and a few thugs who can only hit other players and start fights so you can respect it as manly enough.

Penalty kicks are a good way to end games. and lol @ you thinking you could win a penalty shootout. There are goalies who know what they're doing, of course they have the disadvantage, but there are quite a few penalty killers. For the shooter it's mainly mental strength, definately not pure lick.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2011, 01:50:20 PM »
Lol@ how defensive you are furor.I never said anything about my feelings towards soccer in my post or attacked it in anyway. I was discussing the penalty kicks and potential injuries in sports. It's entertaining how butthurt you are and had to launch into an angry, defensive post of non sense. You sound pretty fucking insecure about your own tastes frankly. And lol, I never said anything about myself being able to score. Though I did play soccer for about 8 years in leagues, so I'm well aquintated with the game. Perhaps you should just sit this thread out, your emotional and distraught. I'd rather have a discussion with Javier, you just come off as insecure and ignorant.Your reply flopped harder then a soccer player being brushed up against

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »
Javier, I do realize that. But, if you've played hockey you'd know it's very physically demanding. Games are only scheduled for three periods, but I've seen games go into seven periods and then the team playing the very next night. That's true determination and brings out the man in a person. If you follow hockey at all you'd see as soon as a team gets eliminated all of the players injuries are revealed. When the flyers were eliminated they had seven players have to have surgeries, and those seven players were all playing. When the Canucks lost game seven they had a plethora of injuries as well, one player playing through groin tears and hip problems.in game five they lost a forward to a fractured vertebrae. You can look at any team and it's the same.

The injuries are not the same. Every few games you see players leaving the ice on stretchers with concussions. An accidental collision is not the same as a player being bodychecked by a 230 lb man repeatedly throughout the game.

If every other sport can handle it so can they. It just further enforces the reputation of soccer players being soft.

It's a terrible way to end a game.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2011, 02:14:21 PM »
I didn't want this thread to deteriorate into a pissing contest of sport vs sport but furors moronic post lends itself to that. Anyone who puts physical in sarcastic quotations when talking about hockey and American football is an idiot and spoken like someone who's never played either game in a comptetive environment. Just YouTube great hockey hits or hockey fights or great football hits and it's immediately clear the sports are brutal. It's a huge difference between incidental contact and something that's required to play the sport.

I've played all three and thiers no comparison to getting up the next day and being sore from head to toe and barely being able to walk because of the game of american football or hockey you played. Never had that problem with soccer.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 02:20:58 PM by Jaydc is back »

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2011, 02:17:10 PM »
Javier, I do realize that. But, if you've played hockey you'd know it's very physically demanding. Games are only scheduled for three periods, but I've seen games go into seven periods and then the team playing the very next night. That's true determination and brings out the man in a person. If you follow hockey at all you'd see as soon as a team gets eliminated all of the players injuries are revealed. When the flyers were eliminated they had seven players have to have surgeries, and those seven players were all playing. When the Canucks lost game seven they had a plethora of injuries as well, one player playing through groin tears and hip problems.in game five they lost a forward to a fractured vertebrae. You can look at any team and it's the same.

The injuries are not the same. Every few games you see players leaving the ice on stretchers with concussions. An accidental collision is not the same as a player being bodychecked by a 230 lb man repeatedly throughout the game.

If every other sport can handle it so can they. It just further enforces the reputation of soccer players being soft.

It's a terrible way to end a game.
who wants 2 watch 7 overtimes in hockey and football is wack hut grab the ball and run 10 yards smh

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2011, 02:31:04 PM »
Real Madrid is interested in this player from Brazil named Neymar, this will basically become a very very expensive procedure.  Real Mardid will have to give Neymar's old club at least 45 million euros just to transfer him and still pay his salary.  

Imagine the club's reaction if they were to see their prize signing play a 180 minute game.  It doesn't make sense physically.  

Hockey and soccer are just different sports with different physical exertion.  Hockey is more physical and more of a sprinting game, while soccer is less physical but it is a combination of sprinting and a marathon.  

Most likelyJaydc and Cham have probably called soccer boring in the fast, you wouldn't want to see a game past 120 minutes.  Their bodies just aren't conditioned for that, and the fact that there are only 3 subs would make it really difficult.  

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2011, 08:24:58 PM »
I find baseball to be the most boring sport to watch

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2011, 09:25:18 PM »
lol, why is this guy defending injuries in Soccer? You have the same chance of getting injured in Soccer in the first 30 seconds or in the 130th minute. Injuries are no reason to say you can't play longer when injuries are Soccer are the result of some cheap hit or freak accident.

Imagine the club's reaction if they were to see their prize signing play a 180 minute game.  It doesn't make sense physically.   

Nobody is saying every game. Just for the World Cup & games leading up to it. Basically for that tournament. If some random game tomorrow ends 0-0 after extra time, go ahead & kick penalty kicks. But you're going to crown the World's greatest, who holds the title for the next four years off some lucky shit? Because your goalie jumped left, but the kicker was thinking right before he even hit it? Joke.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2011, 11:57:20 PM »
cham just watch ur baseball and eat a dick at the same time

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2011, 12:00:56 AM »
cham just watch ur baseball and eat a dick at the same time

You're from Carribean Islands & you live in Canada. You have no say in anything.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2011, 12:39:00 AM »
lol, why is this guy defending injuries in Soccer? You have the same chance of getting injured in Soccer in the first 30 seconds or in the 130th minute. Injuries are no reason to say you can't play longer when injuries are Soccer are the result of some cheap hit or freak accident.

Imagine the club's reaction if they were to see their prize signing play a 180 minute game.  It doesn't make sense physically.   

Just for the World Cup & games leading up to it.

Yeah dude, no club would like that.  Clubs aren't going to give a fuck about the World Cup lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2011, 01:19:39 AM »
I mean, I guess it just goes to show how lame the sport can get. They can't even allow unlimited "next goal wins" extra time because they know it could last 0-0, 1-1 for seven hours or so.

Fraxxx

« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2011, 01:59:22 AM »
^^^ So once again:

i'm not the biggest fan of penalty kicks but you're exaggerating a bit when you call that "pure luck each". It's more than that. It takes courage, skills and mental stability to take penalty kicks. That's why there are nations that are notoriously bad at penalty kicks (Italy, England) and nations that are fucking unbeatable (Germany never lost any penalty kick session ever), if that was pure luck the stats would be even for each team. That's a psychological thing more than anything. Basically i view things like this : if you win the penalty kicks, you have proved to be the most capable under pressure, you have shown character and values.

It's based on intuition, self-confidence and skills... of course without skills you can still score a penalty kick, but you're more likely to fold under pressure, especially at a crucial moment like that. now a well-taken penalty can never be stopped, and that's what the germans are excellent at.

Not too hard to understand, right. This ain't a pissing contest which sport is better. I wouldn't waste my time pointing out how lame I think Baseball is.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.