Author Topic: Fred Wreck on a Death Row Album(2002-Gangsta Rap Instrumental????)  (Read 1095 times)

gio™fugahoo

who know the story how the gangsta rap beat ended on a death row album????
cause i remember the pound was promoting the album but wasn´t on tha row????
did them geting money from tha row after they released the album???
wasn´t fred was on doggystyle at the time the album came out?????

i´m not psycho hustla lol ;D

bouli77

Re: Fred Wreck on a Death Row Album(2002-Gangsta Rap Instrumental????)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 02:33:32 PM »
they were not promoting the album... daz was furious at suge over the release.. and Kurupt was cool with it.

my guess is it's an old song made around 98-99 when Daz & Soopafly were still on Tha Row and Fredwreck was down with them... Fred produced for Kurupt's Tha Streetz which was released when Daz was still on Death Row so it's very easy to imagine him producing material that ended up in suge's hands...

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 02:45:21 PM »
they were not promoting the album... daz was furious at suge over the release.. and Kurupt was cool with it.

but i think i saw a video where the pound performed the street is a mutha songs and daz was rockin a 2002 album jacket with a big ass death row logo

my guess is it's an old song made around 98-99 when Daz & Soopafly were still on Tha Row and Fredwreck was down with them... Fred produced for Kurupt's Tha Streetz which was released when Daz was still on Death Row so it's very easy to imagine him producing material that ended up in suge's hands...

everybody guess but the real story has 2 be out there

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 02:51:52 PM »
Kurupt wanted those songs to be released because that was when he was still dope lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 05:06:39 PM »
Kurupt wanted those songs to be released because that was when he was still dope lol

True

HighEyeCue

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 05:39:03 PM »

True

LOL, so true

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 09:06:00 PM »
I remember Fred Wreck cryin like a bitch about how upset he was at Kurupt for working with "the enemy"

My question is/was enemy of who? Not you!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

love33

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 09:38:51 PM »
Dogg Pound "2002" was dope. Only Kurupt supported it because Daz was just kicked off the label as Lead Producer and Kurupt was resigned.  It wasnt played a lot by radio stations because of the low-key label (Ron Winter's D3 Entertainment) (they played "Gangsta Rap" on west radio stations) and Suge made a genius move and gave Jay-Z rights to Pac's sample and he used it for "Bonny and Clyde" with Beyonce (it was "Me and My Girlfriend"), and in return he had Jay-Z, Beanie, Memphis record with Dogg Pound for DJ Clue and then Suge him the rights to the track and it became a solid track on the radio.  Tracks 12-15 appeared on Daz's "Raw" (the "What It Iz" album that Daz stole the tracks and released indy).  Also, "Crip Wit Us" and "Livin The Gangsta Life" were the real original tracks that Daz remade and it had a remix of "Roll Wit Us" and "Gangsta Rap."  The album sold over 400,000.  Not bad.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 12:50:04 AM »
^ wait I don't get what you're saying. You're saying suge had daz and kurupt do the "change the game" remix? Impossible. They weren't suge's artist anymore at that time
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Quadruple OG

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 06:39:59 AM »
Dogg Pound "2002" was dope. Only Kurupt supported it because Daz was just kicked off the label as Lead Producer and Kurupt was resigned.  It wasnt played a lot by radio stations because of the low-key label (Ron Winter's D3 Entertainment) (they played "Gangsta Rap" on west radio stations) and Suge made a genius move and gave Jay-Z rights to Pac's sample and he used it for "Bonny and Clyde" with Beyonce (it was "Me and My Girlfriend"), and in return he had Jay-Z, Beanie, Memphis record with Dogg Pound for DJ Clue and then Suge him the rights to the track and it became a solid track on the radio.  Tracks 12-15 appeared on Daz's "Raw" (the "What It Iz" album that Daz stole the tracks and released indy).  Also, "Crip Wit Us" and "Livin The Gangsta Life" were the real original tracks that Daz remade and it had a remix of "Roll Wit Us" and "Gangsta Rap."  The album sold over 400,000.  Not bad.

Wrong on a couple things:

1) Kurupt wasn't resigned to the label until January 2002. He wanted the album to come out, but was not signed to the label
2) Ron Winter handled the DR catelog over in the UK if I'm not mistaken. D3 and Ron Winter are two different entities
3) Suge bought the rights to put "Change Da Game (Remix)" on there. Jay-Z and Suge's agreement about remaking "Me and my Girlfriend" was in exchange for putting a track on the Dysfunktional Family OST. Suge was dissing Jay-Z in 2001-2002 when he came out of jail (I remember an interview he did where Suge said he was robbed, tied up, bound and gagged in the trunk of someone's car).

Quadruple OG

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 06:44:08 AM »

The track was recorded probably in 2000 before Daz left. The version on 2002 was originally supposed to appear on "Too Gangsta 4 Radio" but after Daz bounced, Suge wanted the track redone for that album. Hutch re-produced the track and put Treach and Scarface on there with Kurupt still left on for the hook. There was an ad for the album on DR's website originally for the album that had "Tha Dogg Pound" on there.

love33

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 10:23:14 AM »
^ wait I don't get what you're saying. You're saying suge had daz and kurupt do the "change the game" remix? Impossible. They weren't suge's artist anymore at that time

Naw, what I'm sayin is that Suge did a genius move by acquiring the rights to the track by giving Jay-Z the rights to sample Pac's "Me and My Girlfriend" and in exchange Jay-Z would go recruit Dogg Pound to record with the intent of trading the rights to Suge.  It worked out well for both camps because Death Row/Suge was able to use the radio success to sell the album and Jay-Z got the rights to Pac's music so he could go record "03 Bonnie and Clyde."

love33

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 10:30:55 AM »
Dogg Pound "2002" was dope. Only Kurupt supported it because Daz was just kicked off the label as Lead Producer and Kurupt was resigned.  It wasnt played a lot by radio stations because of the low-key label (Ron Winter's D3 Entertainment) (they played "Gangsta Rap" on west radio stations) and Suge made a genius move and gave Jay-Z rights to Pac's sample and he used it for "Bonny and Clyde" with Beyonce (it was "Me and My Girlfriend"), and in return he had Jay-Z, Beanie, Memphis record with Dogg Pound for DJ Clue and then Suge him the rights to the track and it became a solid track on the radio.  Tracks 12-15 appeared on Daz's "Raw" (the "What It Iz" album that Daz stole the tracks and released indy).  Also, "Crip Wit Us" and "Livin The Gangsta Life" were the real original tracks that Daz remade and it had a remix of "Roll Wit Us" and "Gangsta Rap."  The album sold over 400,000.  Not bad.

1) Kurupt wasn't resigned to the label until January 2002. He wanted the album to come out, but was not signed to the label
2) Ron Winter handled the DR catelog over in the UK if I'm not mistaken. D3 and Ron Winter are two different entities
3) Suge bought the rights to put "Change Da Game (Remix)" on there. Jay-Z and Suge's agreement about remaking "Me and my Girlfriend" was in exchange for putting a track on the Dysfunktional Family OST. Suge was dissing Jay-Z in 2001-2002 when he came out of jail (I remember an interview he did where Suge said he was robbed, tied up, bound and gagged in the trunk of someone's car).

1) You are right about the time he was officially signed, but he was talking and working with Suge long before he officially resigned.  He even went on MTVNews and said that he supported the release to the fullest of "2002" and Daz said he didn't (probably cause Daz stole some of those tracks for "Raw" and he was just booted off the label).
2) Death Row was briefly signed to the now defunct d3 Entertainment which was operated by Ron Winters.  They signed to it after they left Priority.  "Dead Man Walkin" and "2002" were both released under D3 Entertainment.  Death Row moved to Koch after they left D3.
3) The rights were all tied in under that same deal -- both the Dysfunktional Family OST track "Hovi Baby" and "Change The Game Remix" --  I remember reading the article on MTVnews that said how Suge and Jay-Z were dealing for the Makaveli rights and that was part of the deal for Suge to get that Dogg Pound cut for the "2002" album.  I think they put all that beef bullshit aside when it came down to business and making money for both camps.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 11:51:04 AM »

3) The rights were all tied in under that same deal -- both the Dysfunktional Family OST track "Hovi Baby" and "Change The Game Remix" --  I remember reading the article on MTVnews that said how Suge and Jay-Z were dealing for the Makaveli rights and that was part of the deal for Suge to get that Dogg Pound cut for the "2002" album.  I think they put all that beef bullshit aside when it came down to business and making money for both camps.

"Change Da Game (Remix)" is not anyway associated with "Me and My Girlfriend"/"Hovi Baby (Remix)". The timing of everything is way off for it to be true. "Change Da Game (Remix)" was recorded in early 2001. DPG2002 was released in July 2001.

"03 Bonnie and Clyde" didn't come out until October 2002. The only way this could be accurate is if "03 Bonnie and Clyde" sat on the shelf for a year, which didn't happen since the track was recorded in the summer of '02. Suge and Roc-a-fella made the agreement for "03 Bonnie and Clyde" and "Hovi Baby (Remix)".

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 07:43:50 PM »
Dogg Pound "2002" was dope. Only Kurupt supported it because Daz was just kicked off the label as Lead Producer and Kurupt was resigned.  It wasnt played a lot by radio stations because of the low-key label (Ron Winter's D3 Entertainment) (they played "Gangsta Rap" on west radio stations) and Suge made a genius move and gave Jay-Z rights to Pac's sample and he used it for "Bonny and Clyde" with Beyonce (it was "Me and My Girlfriend"), and in return he had Jay-Z, Beanie, Memphis record with Dogg Pound for DJ Clue and then Suge him the rights to the track and it became a solid track on the radio.  Tracks 12-15 appeared on Daz's "Raw" (the "What It Iz" album that Daz stole the tracks and released indy).  Also, "Crip Wit Us" and "Livin The Gangsta Life" were the real original tracks that Daz remade and it had a remix of "Roll Wit Us" and "Gangsta Rap."  The album sold over 400,000.  Not bad.

Roll With Us was different than the Chronic 2000 version?  what are the differences?

Every Single Day, Gangsta Rap, Don't Stop and Roll With Us made that cd worth buying for sure....the Jayz song would've been much better w/o the tags
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens