Author Topic: Jay-Z & Kanye West-Watch The Throne (Album Discussion)  (Read 11687 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West-Watch The Throne (Album Discussion)
« Reply #255 on: August 10, 2011, 03:53:57 PM »
My god you do chat some shit Infinite. It sounds like you are basing your opinion of Jay-Z on one song which isn't even anywhere near the best song on Reasonable Doubt. I bet you haven't even check the album out.

Really? Can't Knock The Hustle is an incredible song.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #256 on: August 10, 2011, 03:55:14 PM »
Maybe Jay-Z ain't that type of fucking dude that wants to talk about his personal life.  Maybe he's never had big as problems as Eminem had with Kim.  I just don't see how Jay-Z will get a pass for talking about his struggles, when he's one of the richest hip hop artists out there.  That shit is not gonna cut it and it will be lame. 

And if this quadruple meaning few lines Jay-Z had on Otis is shit, then I don't know what to tell ya

"Arm out the window through the city I maneuver slow
Cock back, snap back
See my cut through the holes"

1.  You can see his haircut on the back of his head because he's wearing a snap back
2.  Moving his car slowly but finding the holes to pass other cars in his Maybach
3.  Arm out the window with a gun, as in a driveby, cockback
4.  talking about a running back, after the QB snaps it back to him. A RB looks for holes and makes cuts. 

And this is Jay-Z way past his prime already. 

thats reachin!

Am I really?  Maybe number 2 is reaching, but the other 3 are right there. 

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #257 on: August 10, 2011, 03:55:21 PM »
My god you do chat some shit Infinite. It sounds like you are basing your opinion of Jay-Z on one song which isn't even anywhere near the best song on Reasonable Doubt. I bet you haven't even check the album out.

bro.. I have that album just for nostalgic purposes I listen to it to remember 1996.  And I still say it's wack.   Also, Def Jam did a hell of a job of promoting his second and third albums and that was back when I was in the 15 and 16 year old phase of buying whatever was the big album of the moment.  So I ended up getting ripped off on both those albums.

Point being, I have all 3 of Jay-Z's first albums, and have listened to them the whole way through.  And they are all weak, over-rated albums.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #258 on: August 10, 2011, 04:00:59 PM »
110% certain if Jay-Z's career never took off & all his material was underground work, he would be in Brian's top five.

He just can't stand seeing a legend of the game be right in the smack center of mainstream Hip Hop in 2011.

Invincible

« Reply #259 on: August 10, 2011, 04:02:15 PM »

Really? Can't Knock The Hustle is an incredible song.

I'm not saying it's a bad song, it's just not on the level of D'Evils, Dead Presidents, Feelin' It, Friend Or Foe or 22 Twos.

Invincible

« Reply #260 on: August 10, 2011, 04:03:09 PM »
110% certain if Jay-Z's career never took off & all his material was underground work, he would be in Brian's top five.

He just can't stand seeing a legend of the game be right in the smack center of mainstream Hip Hop in 2011.

No because he's an Eminem fan and he's mainstream.  ;)

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #261 on: August 10, 2011, 04:05:51 PM »
Maybe Jay-Z ain't that type of fucking dude that wants to talk about his personal life.  Maybe he's never had big as problems as Eminem had with Kim.  I just don't see how Jay-Z will get a pass for talking about his struggles, when he's one of the richest hip hop artists out there.  That shit is not gonna cut it and it will be lame. 

And if this quadruple meaning few lines Jay-Z had on Otis is shit, then I don't know what to tell ya

"Arm out the window through the city I maneuver slow
Cock back, snap back
See my cut through the holes"

1.  You can see his haircut on the back of his head because he's wearing a snap back
2.  Moving his car slowly but finding the holes to pass other cars in his Maybach
3.  Arm out the window with a gun, as in a driveby, cockback
4.  talking about a running back, after the QB snaps it back to him. A RB looks for holes and makes cuts. 

And this is Jay-Z way past his prime already. 

thats reachin!

Am I really?  Maybe number 2 is reaching, but the other 3 are right there. 

what the hell does that line gutta do with football? LOL

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #262 on: August 10, 2011, 04:07:43 PM »
The quarterback snaps the ball to his RB and makes cuts and see where the holes are at to drive the ball forward. 

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #263 on: August 10, 2011, 04:09:26 PM »
ya but jay never played football, and that would have nothing to do with driving slow through the city

bouli77

« Reply #264 on: August 10, 2011, 04:09:40 PM »

And I could also name a million songs that aren't "deep" or "emo" and shit all over Jay-Z's whole career...

-50 Cent "In The Club"
-Snoop-  "Gin and Juice"
-Masta Ace- "INC Ride"
-Biggie- "One More Chance", "Going Back To Cali", "Big Poppa"
-Xzibit- "X"
-Rakim- "Don't Sweat The Technique"
-Big Daddy Kane-  "Ain't No Half-Steppin"
-Dre- "The Next Episode"
-Daz- "In California"
-Soopafly- "Like It Or Not"

all good examples, and I could think of a thousand more.  

I like all of these songs, but wtf are you talking by saying SHIT ON HIS WHOLE CAREER.  NOT SR IF SRS

lmao really. Infinite you admitted in various threads not bumping rappers "on principle" and saying they were wack just 'cause people from your town were listening to them. your opinions have no credibility whatsoever.

i'm not a fan of this album as explained in my previous post in this thread and let alone Jay-Z in general but saying Snoop's weakest album shits on Jay's discography is DELUSIONAL.

Reasonable Doubt > Snoop's discography bar Doggystyle and arguably the first eastsidaz album. Also Jay-Z is clearly a better rapper than Snoop, technically and lyrically. Snoop has maybe more charisma but Jay-z is a well-rounded and overall better rapper.

and since when deepness is a sine qua non" criterium to determine the value of a rapper ?? and for the records Jay has some nice "deep" records

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3_AfwWLa06U" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3_AfwWLa06U</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wb-_GQKiY1c" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wb-_GQKiY1c</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/R6djiumfB9Y" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/R6djiumfB9Y</a>

Daz 1992-1998 shits all over Jay Z's whole catalog

lmao even Daz wouldn't dare say that. he's the one who said "you know my name, my hood, my game, i showed up with Jay-Z on Change the Game" and not the other way round.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #265 on: August 10, 2011, 04:11:14 PM »
ya but jay never played football, and that would have nothing to do with driving slow through the city

still a play on words

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #266 on: August 10, 2011, 04:17:14 PM »

still a play on words

reachin. i think its only the first meaning you mentioned.

maybe the gun one too. seeing his "cut" as in cut from the drug deal he made through the barrel of his gun "holes"

but i think its just the first

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #267 on: August 10, 2011, 04:22:11 PM »

No because he's an Eminem fan and he's mainstream.  ;)

Eminem doesn't count because he's White. Brian is the biggest wigger in the Western Hemisphere. He needs to act like somebody is relatable.

soopa-man

« Reply #268 on: August 10, 2011, 04:37:29 PM »
I can slightly relate, while Jay is in my top5 along with Em and Snoop, Jay has always been force fed in to mainstream and radio, his forst two albums were straight duds and didnt go gold or platinum back then, they were appreciated way more when he dropped Vol.2 & 3 when people saw more of him, that was his frist album that sold and crossed over...but even before all that Jay had dropped "Reasonable.." after that mafioso rap phase had played out with the Firm, and critized for, and the same critics prasied him (mostly Dream Hampton who is from Brooklyn wrote for The Source and heralded "Ready To Die" better than Dre's "Chronic" album)  Jay and Big had big connections in the business mainly with critics the reason they always were getting high rating in the mag and ads when they didnt have record sales...Jay is dope but to say he is more real than Pac thats a stretch to me, he MAY have sold dope but shit to act like crack was popular in the mid 90's is on some bull shit, METH out sells any thing and every thing from the early 90's on and is still out selling shit on the streets and these fools keep rapping about crack like its fucking 88, its lame some times but to me its entertainment like "Scarface" or some shit...Pac wrote some shit that was true to his heart that and went places no one else did and seems no one else can really go, with out reaching outside their element...Jay is a dope fucking mainstream artist period, and is insightful in his own right but he has had major help along the way (The Source, Vibe, Def Jam have always put up big money from him, because of industry favors he did writing for Foxy Brown, puff etc)

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #269 on: August 10, 2011, 06:44:14 PM »
Jay Z is the only rap artist with 13 solo platinum albums. He is a legend, even if you do not like him.

If you want to hear EM scream about his mom and hear his emo raps with wack ass accent, more power to you. This album is a masterpiece. Em and Royce album doesnt even come close to this.

/thread