Author Topic: The Official Nikki Jean "Pennies In A Jar" Album Discussion Thread  (Read 148 times)

Lunatic

When I saw this album, I instantly recognized the Nikki Jean name from her work with Lupe Fiasco, especially her phenomenal performance on the Lupe fan favorite "Hip-Hop Saved My Life."

I have absolutely no idea what to expect from this album, not knowing what type of solo artist Nikki is (expecting some R&B, maybe neo-soul, some socially conscious stuff) and that makes me want to check out the album even more  ;)

Going in with no idea what to expect, let's see what she delivers.

1. How to Unring a Bell
2. Steel & Feathers (Don't Ever)
3. La Di Da Di Da
4. My Love
5. Pennies in a Jar
6. What's a Girl Supposed to Do
7. Rockaway
8. Million Star Hotel (feat. Lupe Fiasco & Black Thought)
9. Patty Crash
10. China
11. Mercy of Love
12. Sex, Lies & Sunshine

Let's go...  :)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

Re: The Official Nikki Jean "Pennies In A Jar" Album Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 02:28:24 PM »
1. How to Unring a Bell - 3.75/5. Very musical. Has some very nice intro sounding music. Fits Nikki's style well.
2. Steel & Feathers - 4/5. Slower but a very nice vibe. I like this joint.
3. La Di Da Di Da - 3.5/5. Back to the fun summer type vibe of the first track. It's a nice feel good joint.

4. My Love - 4/5. Again, a feel good summer type vibe. This is a really nice joint.
5. Pennies in a Jar - 3.75/5 A nice musical track. Slower on here. Title track and Nikki sings it well.
6. What's a Girl Supposed to do - 3.25/5. This is cool. Short track but not bad at all.

7. Rockaway - 3.25/5. This really shows off Nikki's versatility. More of a country genre vibe. Didn't expect that. It works if that's your thing.
8. Million Star Motel - 4/5. Very nice to see Lupe on here. Black Thought is dope too. Track has a very nice sound. Good performance by Nikki too.
9. Patty Crash - 3.25/5 A fast vibe again. Almost like soft rock. She rocks this well.

10. China - 3.75/5. Back to a slow vibe. All her lyrics and concepts are cool and unique.
11. Mercy of Love - 3.5/5. A nice mellow guitar in here. This is a nice joint.
12. Sex, Lies & Sunshine - 4/5 Has some really nice music. Great closing track!

All in all I'm glad I checked out this release. Nikki is a unique artist who seems to be flying under the radar a bit, but I think her future looks bright.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

kuruptlon

Re: The Official Nikki Jean "Pennies In A Jar" Album Discussion Thread
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 09:27:26 AM »
Wow I'm glad you posted this. I didn't think her album would ever come out. I saw her open for Mayer Hawthorne last year and she was amazing.

Its too bad it doesn't look like the song Faithful made the album I love that song.

Nikki Jean - Faithful

http://hulkshare.com/82ad6cx0f61p