Author Topic: WHOOO! New Michael Jackson Audio hits the net! Download Here!  (Read 781 times)

Trauma-san

Re:WHOOO! New Michael Jackson Audio hits the net! Download Here!
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2003, 02:25:38 PM »
I dunno how long he's been workin' on it, but I've been hearing for about 3 months now that he was in the studio.  That's a little misleading though, because Mike works weird.  He makes over a hundred tracks for each CD (he says several hundred, but that's hard for me to believe), then sometimes he'll use stuff he recorded 8 years ago on albums.  He might take 8 years to release a track he recorded while he was making Dangerous, for instance, or he might make a song in 1 night (we are the world).  He's kinda like Paul McCartney, sometimes they spend forever on a song, then sometimes they'll come up with an even better song in a couple hours.  Mike famously recorded Billie Jean in 1 take.  Also, his release scedule is WEIRD.

1978 - Off the Wall (quincy Jones produced, mike wrote 1 or 2 songs)
1982 - Thriller (Quincy Jones Produced, mike wrote 1 or 2 songs)
1987 - Bad (Quincy Jones produced, mike wrote several songs)
1992 - Dangerous (Mike co-produced, teddy riley co-produced, others, and Mike wrote several songs)
1995 - History (mike co produced, and wrote the majority of the songs)
1998 - Blood On the Dance Floor (remix cd of history, Mike wrote and co produced a few tracks; there were only 4 new songs, 1 new remix, and several remixes of history songs)
2001 - Invincible (Mike co-produced and wrote several tracks)

So, he's getting FASTER AND FASTER at albums, LOL actually.  And amazingly, even though he's doing more on the albums, he's getting them done quicker.  Now he's down to about 3 years between albums, when he waited 5 years to make Bad.  So we could possibly see a new Michael Jackson album at the end of this year.  That would be awesome, lol.  
« Last Edit: January 21, 2003, 02:27:53 PM by Trauma Van Morrison »

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2003, 02:48:46 PM »
That would be great to see a new Mj album later this year but...in what label??? and by the way Blood on the Dance floor was a 1997 release if I remember

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2003, 02:55:33 PM »
That would be great to see a new Mj album later this year but...in what label??? and by the way Blood on the Dance floor was a 1997 release if I remember

ya it was

Trauma-san

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2003, 03:19:49 PM »
That's cool, that just means it's possible for him to drop an album in 2 years, LOL.

Well, all his previous albums were on MJJ Records, which is his own record company.  That was a subdivision or whatever of Epic, which was bought out by Sony in the early 90's, and he signed a new deal with them then.  He supposedly owes Sony 1 greatest hits box set, which is somethign they can throw together at any time and release.  it's supposed to have 2 new songs, which he's supposedly already provided them with (out of old stuff, a couple months ago he was bragging about how he could give them any old song he had laying around to finish the contract).  

Then, they fired Tommy Motolla (he resigned... yeah right) last week.  That was Mike's main problem with Sony.  It looks like he's done with them, though, and also, he owns half of their publishing company, Sony/ATV.  The crazy thing about this is, a lot of new artists are distributed through Sony/ATV.  The new oasis album, for instance, was part of Sony/ATV, so Mike owns half of Oasis's new album.  WTF was Sony thinking when they signed that deal with him?

So, word is he's started a new record company, Neverland Records, a subsidary of Clive Davis's Jive Records.  Irv Gotti's handling a lot of his new record, but it won't be on Murder Inc.  So I'd look for it to come out on Neverland Records distributed through Jive Records.  peace~

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2003, 03:41:35 PM »
thats tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight news I hope he will bring 3T & Brownstone with him by the way another correction Clive Davis label is called J Records ...Jive records is another label

Trauma-san

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2003, 08:31:57 PM »
Oh :)  Yeah, 3T was pretty tight.  I liked that jam "24 seven, I been thinkin' bout ya baby"

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2003, 08:39:46 PM »
Oh :)  Yeah, 3T was pretty tight.  I liked that jam "24 seven, I been thinkin' bout ya baby"

;)

Trauma-san

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2003, 08:54:08 PM »
And even MORE, lol.  Here's a video promoting the interview/special which is gonna air in europe, 1.5 hour documentary on Mike (with his full cooperation)

www.itv.com/news/video/en_20_jacko.rm

It's got a segment where he's teaching dude to moonwalk.  Watch and learn, LOL... notice the part where he's doing the moonwalk and not even moving (like in the smooth criminal video), that's awe-inspiring, LOL.  

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2003, 09:06:56 PM »
I Love U Man!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Trauma-san

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2003, 09:10:30 PM »
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww    :-[

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2003, 09:36:52 PM »
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww    :-[

Dont trip man!!!!!! but its good to see someone that Knows about good music not only WESTCOAST rap

Trauma-san

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2003, 09:41:28 PM »
*Sniff *Sniff, sorry, my (sob) emotions got the b-b-best of me.  *Sniff, *Sniff

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2003, 02:37:04 AM »
Maaaan this joint is tight ! Go Jacko !

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2003, 05:07:28 AM »
i love this track

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2003, 10:29:57 AM »
Major props to Trauma, that song is bangin, and thanks for the video too  ;D

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...