9 (36%)
Very interested
7 (28%)
I'll check it out
5 (20%)
Dont care
4 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: "No Limit Records" documentary???  (Read 475 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

"No Limit Records" documentary???
« on: July 26, 2011, 10:40:31 AM »
this will focus on the golden years of No Limit Records, but also delve into the depth of the label and its history

a friend has an idea on the table, but he wants to evaluate an interest-level on different hiphop-forums,, before the funding is started.
also, if you have any contact-information to former No Limit-souljas (preferably without involment from "middlemen"), please send me a PM

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 10:59:30 AM by Michael Madsen »

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: "No Limit Records" documentary???
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 11:20:10 AM »
i'd check it out.  but i don't buy shit tho, i download it.  even when i used to sell DVD's on the street.  if i wasn't gettin' em at $1 a pop then i didn't rock with it and i'd talk him down 2 a cheaper price

i'd love 2 c a documentary tho. 

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 11:45:31 AM »
one of my fave eras of rap...id be all over it

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 12:11:32 PM »

One of the darkest eras of rap in my case.   It would be like if you had grown up following a righteous an all-knowing King.  Then that King passed, and his son inherited the throne.  Only the son was just pretending to be like his father, without going through any of the necessary steps that made his father great.  So you followed the new King unknowingly, and were lead astray into a losing battle.

Still would love to see the documentary though for historical/nostalgia purposes.  And I'm a big collector of hip-hop documentaries.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

LYRIDER

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 12:18:32 PM »
Could be dope ... I Would like to see that tho . But Aint got any contact

Fire Box

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 02:11:06 PM »
No contact, but def. would be interesting.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 02:22:12 PM »

One of the darkest eras of rap in my case.   It would be like if you had grown up following a righteous an all-knowing King.  Then that King passed, and his son inherited the throne.  Only the son was just pretending to be like his father, without going through any of the necessary steps that made his father great.  So you followed the new King unknowingly, and were lead astray into a losing battle.

Still would love to see the documentary though for historical/nostalgia purposes.  And I'm a big collector of hip-hop documentaries.

lmfao it aint that serious hahahaaaaaa this guy is turning it into a biblical scripture.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 02:40:52 PM »
It'd be dope. I have a DVD they released of music videos lol. Had videos I didn't even knew existed. But thier was only like 14 vids which was lame considering they had dozens

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 02:52:57 PM »

haha nice

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 03:04:40 PM »
come on now, 80 views but only 10 votes.. is it so hard hard to push a vote-button? :)
this can only happen, if there is a reception..

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 03:07:34 PM »
do it up seems like a good idea, no one cares about votin on hypotheticals if u made it happen everyone would check it out

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 03:14:41 PM »
^
yea i know, im just tryin to generate an interest for this, on diff hiphop-boards
dude needs fundin, n he can only get it - if the investors feels comforatble

hes tryin to get QD3 Entertainment ("Tha Carter", "Thug Angel: Life of an Outlaw", "Beef"-series) on this too

need contact-info as well (former No Limit-artists). many of the old artists have vanished from the face of the earth. some of em dont even have myspace or reverbnation-pages ???
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:18:50 PM by Michael Madsen »

Blood$

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 04:46:50 PM »
I would be interested

you should holla at Lunatic as far as getting in contact with some former N.L. artists, he might know some people who know some people, ya dig  8)

Jay Bananas

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 07:05:13 PM »
Definitely. Get an interview with their art department too, I wanna learn what they were thinking when they made all those magical album covers.

Jay Bananas

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 07:05:48 PM »

Brian, there are so many things I hate about you.