9 (36%)
Very interested
7 (28%)
I'll check it out
5 (20%)
Dont care
4 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: "No Limit Records" documentary???  (Read 477 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: "No Limit Records" documentary???
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 07:48:23 PM »
one of my fave eras of rap...id be all over it

One of the darkest eras of rap in my case.   It would be like if you had grown up following a righteous an all-knowing King.  Then that King passed, and his son inherited the throne.  Only the son was just pretending to be like his father, without going through any of the necessary steps that made his father great.  So you followed the new King unknowingly, and were lead astray into a losing battle.

Still would love to see the documentary though for historical/nostalgia purposes.  And I'm a big collector of hip-hop documentaries.

Brian, there are so many things I hate about you.

lmfao i pray he was trolling when he said that

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 09:02:48 PM »
Definitely. Get an interview with their art department too, I wanna learn what they were thinking when they made all those magical album covers.

Lol, you know damn well an art department didn't exist. Just some kid with a computer lol

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 09:40:16 PM »
pen and pixel graphics was major...

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 10:50:08 PM »
one of my fave eras of rap...id be all over it

One of the darkest eras of rap in my case.   It would be like if you had grown up following a righteous an all-knowing King.  Then that King passed, and his son inherited the throne.  Only the son was just pretending to be like his father, without going through any of the necessary steps that made his father great.  So you followed the new King unknowingly, and were lead astray into a losing battle.

Still would love to see the documentary though for historical/nostalgia purposes.  And I'm a big collector of hip-hop documentaries.

lmfao it aint that serious hahahaaaaaa this guy is turning it into a biblical scripture.

Sway:  "So this battle between you and Biggie is like, "Who's gonna rule the nigger Kingdom"? 

---2pac:  "Yes.  It's an election!   It is that!"

...you have no journalistic sensibility so you failed to pick up on the analogy.  But really I didn't phrase it any different than a hip-hop journalist like Sway would have phrased it.   
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 11:57:42 PM »
a friend has an idea on the table, but he wants to evaluate an interest-level on different hiphop-forums,, before the funding is started.

are you serious ?
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 04:53:51 AM »
yes

bouli77

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 05:28:43 AM »
pen and pixel graphics was major...

yup so major that even east coast artists hired them. they were doing covers for everybody, from multi-platinum artists to basement rappers. however my favorite NL cover was made by Phunky Phat Graph-X and it was the TRUE cover.

I'm def interested but more with the early No Limit days. Fiend seems easy to get in touch with, I mean there is this NL internet fan club in France and they made him come here for a show so I think you can get in touch with him fairly easily. I'm pretty sure with Twitter you can get in touch with a lot of them. I follow Mystikal and Mia X and they seem really down to earth.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 10:42:57 AM »
If you need anybody to do any research and/or writing for the project I'd like to do it.  Like if you just give me the mp3's for the interviews I can break all the interviews down and narrate it and everything. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 10:53:17 AM »
If you need anybody to do any research and/or writing for the project I'd like to do it.  Like if you just give me the mp3's for the interviews I can break all the interviews down and narrate it and everything. 

i think thats an outstanding idea.