Author Topic: Which Death Row signing you think was the one that made Dre leave?  (Read 1344 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
It wasn't the only reason Dre left.  But Dre did say in an interview that one of the reasons he left was, "it came to the point where I would show up to work and a new nigger would be in face like, yo, I just signed to the label".  And I'd be like, "Nigga, I don't know you!".

My guess is M.C. Hammer.  Because what the hell was Suge thinking signing that dude?   Also, it could of been O.F.T.B. as well.  Because they were one of the only other new acts that came around the time Dre started to become disenchanted.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

V2DHeart

Re: Which Death Row signing you think was the one that made Dre leave?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 08:10:37 AM »
Unquestionably 2Pac. Dre was always on good terms with Interscope, as evident today when you see where he is compared to Suge/Death Row. Dre was already bothered by the trouble surrounding his label, and never wanted 2Pac on Death Row due to the trouble surrounding him, then MC Hammer being the final nail in the coffin
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 08:25:46 AM »
"fuck it, im outta here" as soon as he caught wind of the pac-singnin.  in the studio wit Budda when he heard the news. some interview wit Budda (or maybe Melman) in "scratch" magazine
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 08:27:25 AM by Michael Madsen »

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 08:42:16 AM »
It was 2pac that made Dre leave. Once he got signed it was a wrap. They brung Hammer on board to be able to sell out big venues....which I thought was a smart move..and Hammer and Suge had been cool for years 8)
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

MistaNova

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 09:24:31 AM »
2Pac
O.F.T.B.

Any act Suge brought into the picture...

shmosh

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 09:51:12 AM »
I'd say it wasn't any one act Suge signed that caused it, but a combination of acts and Suge's antics, because the whole label was based on Dre scouting the talent and Suge managing the background stuff. When Suge started acting like an attention seeking dick and signing his own acts without consulting the head of the musical output (Dre), that was obviously going to piss Dre off...

and let's be honest, apart from 2Pac Suge didn't really find anyone on anywhere near the level of Dre's finding (Snoop, Daz, Kurupt, Rage, RBX, Nate, Jewell, Sam Sneed).

Suge ruined Death Row himself.

ABN

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 10:08:27 AM »
i think Dre just wanted out when DR became more famous for what they did(beating people up, threatening people eyc) rather then the music they did. when the bullshit started overshadowing the music i think it became too much for Dre because Dre isn´t a gangster and i don´t think he enjoyed all of the violence that all of the people that weren´t artists brought with them, and when Suge started involving himself with the music i think it was a wrap(the biggest mistake Suge´s ever made is making himself the executive producer of DR albums). and Tupac brought even more drama and BS with him so i guess the signing of Tupac is the signing that made Dre leave.

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 10:12:04 AM »
Its 2011 for fuck sake. And you muthafuckas are still talking about shit in the 90's thats completely irrelevant

THEREALDONMACKHXA

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 10:22:07 AM »
fuk suge knight n dead hoe Real SPit bitch!

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 10:33:17 AM »
Its 2011 for fuck sake. And you muthafuckas are still talking about shit in the 90's thats completely irrelevant

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 10:44:22 AM »
Y'all need to

E Dub

• 'G'
  • Straight Westcoast
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 10:54:23 AM »

i know what your name means and that makes you a massive fucking hypocrite

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 10:57:27 AM »

i know what your name means and that makes you a massive fucking hypocrite
What does it mean.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 12:04:20 PM »

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 04:35:45 PM »

:D

--------------
Fresh!!! For 1990! YOUU SUCKEERS!!

^
who coined the classic quote?
first one to tell me, will get 1 prop (*rumbling noise from a running Will_B*)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:41:00 PM by Michael Madsen »