Author Topic: Watch The Throne Listening Review  (Read 249 times)

m-b

• Muthafuckin' OG
Watch The Throne Listening Review
« on: August 02, 2011, 10:34:09 AM »
First and foremost I’d like to thank my connect for the smoothest entry I’ve ever had for these type of events, even with all the organized chaos. I wasn’t on a list and got walked in by..well, let’s just say I got people in high places like Jesus niece. Second, let me pre-face by saying I spent the after noon into the evening with 88-Keys listening to EVERYTHING but No Church In The Wild, which are all equally if not more crazy, but that’s a different rant/review for a different post. Let’s get to the main event:

First and foremost I’d like to thank my connect for the smoothest entry I’ve ever had for these type of events, even with all the organized chaos. I wasn’t on a list and got walked in by..well, let’s just say I got people in high places like Jesus niece. Second, let me pre-face by saying I spent the after noon into the evening with 88-Keys listening to EVERYTHING but No Church In The Wild, which are all equally if not more crazy, but that’s a different rant/review for a different post. Let’s get to the main event:

No Church In The Wild – sets the tone in a way so compelling that you know this album is going to deliver some level of greatness. The beat itself is somewhat in the same vein of Novacane, on steroids. 88-Keys definitely earned top 4 placements with this one. Lyrically it was promising as well with Yeezy kickin a hilarious bar along the lines of “Coc on black skin got her striped like a zebra, now that’s that jungle fever” but the chorus was like “what’s a King to a God, what’s a God to a non believer”.

Lift Off – This a big and powerful record, sound wise. The beat is going to take your ears somewhere you didn’t expect to go, the name is aptly chosen here. While I’m pretty open about not being a Beyonce fan, I’d be a hater to say she didn’t make this joint hot.

Niggas In Paris – Hit-Boy knocked this one out the park, and The Throne laid down mean ass verses. Sonically, the track itself stands out with the drums and other sounds blended in.

Otis – Sounds like interlude rap in comparison to the other records, both lyrically and the beat, while the Otis Redding sampled is flattering and refreshing, once you get passed this the album picks up again. One point that got across clear is that, if you mess with his little brother, there’s a good chance Hov‘s bodyguards might murk ya.

Gotta Have It – The beat vocal sample is weird but it works, once it drops the bass hits. “I’m plankin’ on a Million” – Hov

New Day – This is where the introspective and thought provoking side of the lyrical content starts to rear it’s head. You hear Kanye and Jay talking to unborn heir’s of The Throne. While the concept isn’t ground breaking, the words and emotion put into this make it undeniable. “My dad left me and I promised never to repeat em (never repeat em, never repeat em, never repeat em)” – Hov

That’s My Bitch – DOPE record, the way this was revamped in comparison to the leaked shell version of it, deserves an applause. Nothing dramatic but the full completed record will please the fans who were in limbo as to whether or not this would make the cut. Hov added some bars before he gets to “back to my Beyonce’s” or at least changed some words. Kanye’s mumbling are now words (“pop champagne, i’ll give you a sip”) and Justin Vernon adds a nice touch.

Welcome To The Jungle – An easy contender for the #1 or #2 spot as far as production goes. Swizz Beatz must have been saving this enclosed behind a “in case of emergency, break glass” window. Hov destroyed this in my opinion, by being so vulnerable in his verse, add to the fact the flow was flawless. He begins his self diatribe as the “Black Axel Rose”. From there it get crazy and you feel the pain conveyed in every line.

“My uncle died, my daddy did too, I’m numb from the pain, I can barely move. My nephew gone, my heart is torn. Sometimes I look to the sky, ask why I was born”

“Rest in peace to the leader of Jackson 5″

“where the fuck is the Sun? It’s been a while. Momma look at ya son, what happen to my smile?”

“my tears is tatted, my gat in my pocket, I’m just lookin for the love I know someone got it”

“I look in the mirror, my only opponent”.

Who Gon Stop Me – Superb, I knew from hearing the original record that this would be problematic, in a good way. You’re going to love how it was transformed to switch up at certain transitions and breaks really sealed the deal. Hands down one of the best tracks here, from bars to sound, pretty much all around. This has the potential to shut dance floors down at the club. Kanye storms in on the first verse rhyming in pig latin “Ixnay of my Dicks-nay, that’s pig latin, bitch-nay”. The Verse Simmonds penned hook is brilliantly ignorant: “Black rims, black cards, Black on back, black broads, whole lotta money in a black bag, black strap, you know what that’s for”. Hov stand outline: “Did all this without a diploma, graduated from the corner”.

Murder To Excellence Kanye utilizes his vocals much in the way he did in Runaway, and compliments the echoed voices sewn within the track.

Made It In America This song will tug at heart strings and bring out emotion as Frank Ocean serenades this track like a young Sam Cooke, singing the sorrow in honor of fallen leaders “Sweet brother Malcolm, Queen Betty Shabazz” “Sweet Coretta”
CHECK OUT our promo vid..

Lunatic

Re: Watch The Throne Listening Review
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 10:47:09 AM »
I can't fucking wait
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 12:17:07 PM »
Shocked it still hasn't leaked.

Jay Bananas

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 06:47:05 PM »
Shocked it still hasn't leaked.

Jay was saying in the Angie Martinez interview they took exceptional steps towards not letting it leak, and that they were really proud of it not happening yet.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 06:50:48 PM »
^ He boldly said it won't leak prior to release.

Will be shocked if that holds true. Well with how late it is already, no matter when it leaks, holding it off this long is a success.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 08:00:53 PM »
This should be really dope, interested in seeing what this Swizz track sounds like with that description

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 08:56:20 PM »
Kanye himself must be driving G5s across the country giving record stores copies lol.

Like forget up until it leaks. The fact it isn't already out for a Major Label release is impressive as fuck.