Author Topic: DOC starts his return to the top  (Read 1694 times)

Sccit

Re: DOC starts his return to the top
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2011, 04:20:23 PM »
same thing wit "Lifestyles of da poor & dangerouz".. it was a great album from the get-go, and it became a calssic a few yrs later (by that time, Big L had died,, n if duke wouldve been alive later it still would be classic)

If Big L was alive he'd be yet another underappreciated lyricist who never made it (aka joined Slaughterhouse)

Well he signed a deal with Jay-Z on Rocafella just before he died, so I doubt he would have 'never made it'. He was on the verge of making it when he was murdered.

and on top of that, Jay-Z jocked a good portion of his steez from Big L...Big L was 10x the rapper Jay-Z was, and if he were still alive, best believe he'd be sitting up there with Jay.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2011, 04:41:05 PM »
same thing wit "Lifestyles of da poor & dangerouz".. it was a great album from the get-go, and it became a calssic a few yrs later (by that time, Big L had died,, n if duke wouldve been alive later it still would be classic)

No way. It got hyped because of his death. This album came out in 1995 and no one was talking about it. Not even years after, until white people hyped up his death on the internet. Do you really think they would have done that if he was still alive?

If Big L was alive he'd be yet another underappreciated lyricist who never made it (aka joined Slaughterhouse)

come on now, Rapsodie.. "lifestylez ov da poor n dagerous" made its mark, when it came out in 95.. it didnt reach the typical "become-famous-after-death"-status till later, but it had a great reception,, especially in the east (not commericaly, but generally wit listenres & the hiphop/cd-audience of its time). it was raved about, no doubt.. n then Dame Dash came wit the singnin papers for Roc-a-fella --- n dont forget about the successors - Jay-Z, Ma$e, Children Of teh Corn, Harlem World, D.I.T.C. all of that.. Big L is acknowledged as one of the greatest, n rightfully so

but yea, the white internet-kids boosted his name up
--------------------------
D.O.C. is from Texas, nuthin country about him tho.. dude was breaded in the west, just like Lady Of Rage was breaded in the east
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 04:44:00 PM by Michael Madsen »

Sccit

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2011, 04:56:50 PM »

No way. It got hyped because of his death. This album came out in 1995 and no one was talking about it. Not even years after, until white people hyped up his death on the internet. Do you really think they would have done that if he was still alive?

come on now, Rapsodie.. "lifestylez ov da poor n dagerous" made its mark, when it came out in 95.. it didnt reach the typical "become-famous-after-death"-status till later, but it had a great reception,, especially in the east (not commericaly, but generally wit listenres & the hiphop/cd-audience of its time). it was raved about, no doubt.. n then Dame Dash came wit the singnin papers for Roc-a-fella --- n dont forget about the successors - Jay-Z, Ma$e, Children Of teh Corn, Harlem World, D.I.T.C. all of that.. Big L is acknowledged as one of the greatest, n rightfully so

but yea, the white internet-kids boosted his name up
--------------------------
D.O.C. is from Texas, nuthin country about him tho.. dude was breaded in the west, just like Lady Of Rage was breaded in the east

yet Lady of Rage is still considered west coast..

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2011, 06:19:44 PM »
LOL...so when Pac reps Cali, it makes him west coast, but DOC hollerin "west coast" throughout his tracks doesnt make him west coast? check urself, son. even if thats a remix, DOC was still hollerin "west coast" on many different tracks, reppin the west to the fullest. and like other dude said, even "Helter Skelter", which wasn't produced by Dre, was pure G-Funk....u really need 2 check urself, son. u been makin very little sense in this section, real spit.

Smh. The lyrics for Helter Skelter were for the Dr. Dre and Ice Cube reunion project and Doc released the project on his own to get back at Dre. And a fail on your part since the album was recorded in....guess where? Texas. Since Doc went back HOME after the fallout with Dre. Face it, the only reason Doc goes to Cali is to fuck with Dre.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2011, 06:27:02 PM »

Yes, it was well-received, like many other albums that aren't classics. The fact is no one was talking about this album until his death 4 years later. Death was the best thing that ever happened to Big L's rap career.

and lol the hip hop/cd audience wasn't close to raving over this album. How could they? No one bought it.

Sccit

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2011, 03:09:38 AM »
LOL...so when Pac reps Cali, it makes him west coast, but DOC hollerin "west coast" throughout his tracks doesnt make him west coast? check urself, son. even if thats a remix, DOC was still hollerin "west coast" on many different tracks, reppin the west to the fullest. and like other dude said, even "Helter Skelter", which wasn't produced by Dre, was pure G-Funk....u really need 2 check urself, son. u been makin very little sense in this section, real spit.

Smh. The lyrics for Helter Skelter were for the Dr. Dre and Ice Cube reunion project and Doc released the project on his own to get back at Dre. And a fail on your part since the album was recorded in....guess where? Texas. Since Doc went back HOME after the fallout with Dre. Face it, the only reason Doc goes to Cali is to fuck with Dre.

yet he still claims west coast. slap yaself.

Okka

« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2011, 03:51:28 AM »
the muthafucka has a song called "West Coast":

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFMwcuy0Fxs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NFMwcuy0Fxs</a>

lol, that ain't a official song, it's a remix someone made up.

Go look up D.O.C. "The Shit" from his album "Deuce".

To me "No One Can Do It Better" is the best album of all time, period. But it doesn't sound very "westcoast" to me, even tho' the full thing is produced by Dre and therefore it could still be considered "WestCoast" to me.. His second album "Helter Skelter" on the other hand got a very "westcoast g-funk" sound on the whole thing.. even tho' hardly anybody from the West worked on it.. both classic albums tho'.

LMAO...who gives a fuck if thats a remix, dude is hollerin "West Coast" throughout the whole track. lemme guess, that was remixed in there too? come on, now...anyone who doesnt consider DOC west coast needs 2 slap theyself.

Yes, it is. Haven't you heard The Game's "California Vacation"?

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2011, 03:54:11 AM »

Yes, it was well-received, like many other albums that aren't classics. The fact is no one was talking about this album until his death 4 years later. Death was the best thing that ever happened to Big L's rap career.

and lol the hip hop/cd audience wasn't close to raving over this album. How could they? No one bought it.

not true, the album was wellrecieed in hiphop-circles n everybody bought it. it was dropped back in d days,when The Source was the bible, n heads were  buyin hiphop-albums dependin on how many mics an album would recieve.

not a classic, till after his death,,, but if dude woldve been alive,, it still be classic. a "classic" becomes a "classic" later,, it wouldve been so wit or without the death,, cuz it was always a terrific work of art in its own right,,

Sccit

« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2011, 03:26:28 PM »
the muthafucka has a song called "West Coast":

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFMwcuy0Fxs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NFMwcuy0Fxs</a>

lol, that ain't a official song, it's a remix someone made up.

Go look up D.O.C. "The Shit" from his album "Deuce".

To me "No One Can Do It Better" is the best album of all time, period. But it doesn't sound very "westcoast" to me, even tho' the full thing is produced by Dre and therefore it could still be considered "WestCoast" to me.. His second album "Helter Skelter" on the other hand got a very "westcoast g-funk" sound on the whole thing.. even tho' hardly anybody from the West worked on it.. both classic albums tho'.

LMAO...who gives a fuck if thats a remix, dude is hollerin "West Coast" throughout the whole track. lemme guess, that was remixed in there too? come on, now...anyone who doesnt consider DOC west coast needs 2 slap theyself.

Yes, it is. Haven't you heard The Game's "California Vacation"?

dude, do u even understand what i'm sayin? lol...i dont care where the verses are from, DOC is hollerin "west coast", that cant be fake. it's him sayin it. i dont care where it's originally from, fact of the mattter is, he still claim the west n will always be considered west coast rap ala kurupt, pac, rage etc.

Okka

« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2011, 11:01:22 PM »
dude, do u even understand what i'm sayin? lol...i dont care where the verses are from, DOC is hollerin "west coast", that cant be fake. it's him sayin it. i dont care where it's originally from, fact of the mattter is, he still claim the west n will always be considered west coast rap ala kurupt, pac, rage etc.

I agree with you, i consider The D.O.C. to be West Coast but that's not DOC hollerin' "West Coast" on the song. Listen to "California Vacation" and you'll know what i'm talkin' about.

Sccit

« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2011, 11:33:46 PM »

I agree with you, i consider The D.O.C. to be West Coast but that's not DOC hollerin' "West Coast" on the song. Listen to "California Vacation" and you'll know what i'm talkin' about.

what are u talkin about? his opening lines are "i'm a westside hustler"....he's clearly reppin the west on the track.

Okka

« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2011, 12:47:09 AM »

what are u talkin about? his opening lines are "i'm a westside hustler"....he's clearly reppin the west on the track.

I'm not tryin' to argue with you, don't you understand. I thought you were talkin' about the "West Coast" shit that Game is yellin' on the original song and it's also on the background on that fanmade mix.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2011, 10:52:48 AM »
was wellrecieed in hiphop-circles n everybody bought it. it was dropped back in d days,when The Source was the bible, n heads were  buyin hiphop-albums dependin on how many mics an album would recieve.

not a classic, till after his death,,, but if dude woldve been alive,, it still be classic. a "classic" becomes a "classic" later,, it wouldve been so wit or without the death,, cuz it was always a terrific work of art in its own right,,

The album failed horribly on a commercial level. You can't debate that, its common knowledge. If heads were buying the album then it would have sold decently at least.

You're arguing based off of fan delusion. His death was the catalyst that hyped the album up 5 years later. If he were still alive that never would have happened. Anyone should be able to see that.

Sccit

« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2011, 11:19:03 AM »

I'm not tryin' to argue with you, don't you understand. I thought you were talkin' about the "West Coast" shit that Game is yellin' on the original song and it's also on the background on that fanmade mix.

my whole point was that DOC is claimin "west" on the track.......LOL

8thstarr

• Lil Geezy
  • We Are the Music
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2011, 06:09:41 AM »
I was surprised to hear that he wrote Nexxt Episode.  I was sure Dre wrote those cuz i actually thought the lyrics were soooo wack on that song
Download the new BQ tha Emcee mixtape "Tha Kady Heron Sixtape" hosted by HOPSIN

"like" www.facebook.com/bqmuzik and download for FREE

"BQ's bout to hold it down for the whole West Coast! The whole damn thing!!" - Hopsin