Author Topic: Can anybody produce me some background beats for some spoken word tracks?  (Read 229 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I've been checking out one of my all-time classic hip-hop fav. movies... SLAM.  Starring Saul Williams.  Came out in 2000.  I've always loved the movie/soundtrack but after having some people suggest I do some spoken word, seeing it again has kind of inspired me to start trying my hand at spoken word, as I realized that's what Saul Williams is into.  

I don't know how I am going to do the background production though for my work.  So if anybody can help me a little with the production side/beats, let me know.

...I'm thinking that the words should be recorded first and then the beat should be produced underneath it to accentuate the words.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 11:43:41 AM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

MUHFUKKA

make sure you really let all of your emotions out when recording it as that is what spoken word is all about. dont be afraid to cry man

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Jay Bananas

And don't be a sell out by using a good mic. I demand a $20 dollar or less Logitech microphone for this project.

Triple OG Rapsodie

nah just find a chill beat and drop some knowledge over it