Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Jerry West
Magic Johnson
Elgin Baylor
Kobe Bryant
Shaquille O'Neal
Wilt Chamberlain
Other

Author Topic: Greatest Laker ever  (Read 1803 times)

Sccit

Re: Greatest Laker ever
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 04:38:49 PM »
laughable...Jordan has never beaten a team on the level of the showtime Lakers to win a title. If Jordan's prime years were in the 80s, he wouldnt have a threepeat under his belt.

With that being said, Magic is the greatest laker - end of discussion.

yes...i'm mad. mad that magic had to retire because of the HIV virus, taking away precious years off of his legacy.

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 04:41:32 PM »
LOL @ NIK tryna downplay Jordan like he was "alright".

Nigga, Kobe beat the Sixers with nobody but A.I. & the Nets with Kerry Kittles & Keith Van Horn LOL.

You can't win rings with niggas named Keith.

Kobe never upped his game like Jordan did. Kobe just rode his same numbers he was averaging all year & won because his teams were massively better all around than the other team.

right...cuz Jordan faced a team like Boston in the Finals LMAO. and great argument there with "Kobe had a great cast"....only problem with that argument=all of Jordan's supporting casts have been better than Kobe's last 2 champion supporting casts. Scottie Pippen as a second option? good lord. shhhhhhh :sshh:

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 05:37:56 PM »
Dwight Howard
Negro please!  Dwight ain't going to the lakers.  He'd have a better chance of being with the Clippers than Lakers.  Orlando ain't gonna want Bynum & Gasol or Scrodom for Dwight.  Besides there's a salary cap & those good Lakers[Kobe & the other 3 mentioned] are old.  When they retire, Dwight will be in a similar thing with Orlando.  He's a better fit with the Clippers young nucleus who's on their way up.  Plus they got the wolves 2012 1st round pick, high lottery most likely which they can use as trade bait. 
Wilt. End thread.
Wilt will be considered cause he was wilt but he only got 1 title with the Lakers.  But Wilt only won 1 title with the Lakers, 1-3 in the finals.  Not the greatest Laker.  Wasn't born when he played so I didn't see him play.
I'm kinda biased with the 80's Lakers so for me its Kareem, then Magic.  Never accepted those new lakers so I ain't saying them.  I will admit Kobe has the 80's Lakers work ethic, unlike Whaq.  But i'll never put any of the 90's-current Lakers over the 80's Lakers. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 03:51:05 PM »

Nigga, Kobe beat the Sixers with nobody but A.I. & the Nets with Kerry Kittles & Keith Van Horn LOL.

Kobe never upped his game like Jordan did. Kobe just rode his same numbers he was averaging all year & won because his teams were massively better all around than the other team.

right...cuz Jordan faced a team like Boston in the Finals LMAO. and great argument there with "Kobe had a great cast"....only problem with that argument=all of Jordan's supporting casts have been better than Kobe's last 2 champion supporting casts. Scottie Pippen as a second option? good lord. shhhhhhh :sshh:

The league was weak as fuck. For three seasons in a row the Lakers made the Finals, the favorites going into the season were the Lakers & Celtics & it happened twice in three years. That doesn't just happen if there are other competitive teams.

& if the Heat didn't come together this year, the Celtics probably would have made it again lol.

& what are you saying? The 72 win Bulls couldn't beat the recent Celtic teams? & only Kobe could?

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 03:51:38 PM »
Jerry Fuckin West.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 03:55:38 PM »
Jerry Fuckin West.

as great as jerry west was, he is not amongst the top 3 Lakers, let alone number 1.

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 04:00:09 PM »

The league was weak as fuck. For three seasons in a row the Lakers made the Finals, the favorites going into the season were the Lakers & Celtics & it happened twice in three years. That doesn't just happen if there are other competitive teams.

& if the Heat didn't come together this year, the Celtics probably would have made it again lol.

& what are you saying? The 72 win Bulls couldn't beat the recent Celtic teams? & only Kobe could?

as if the league wasn't weak and watered down during Jordan's championship seasons LOL..... i'm saying exactly what i'm saying, it ain't rocket science. i'm not speaking in metaphors. Jordan didn't face a team like Boston to win a championship, and he sure as hell never won anything without a hall-of-fame second option. spin it how u like, but facts are facts.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 04:08:45 PM »
Well actually you saying "Jordan never played a team as good as the Boston Celtics" is an opinion, not a fact..lol.

But this thread is greatest Laker ever & there is a debate. Greatest player ever is Jordan & that isn't up for debate.

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 04:11:14 PM »
Well actually you saying "Jordan never played a team as good as the Boston Celtics" is an opinion, not a fact..lol.

But this thread is greatest Laker ever & there is a debate. Greatest player ever is Jordan & that isn't up for debate.

OK...so which team did Jordan beat in the Finals that were comparable to the KG-Pierce-Allen Celtics? lemme know.

LOL@greatest player ever not being up for debate...says a 90's baby who only started watching basketball this decade. smh@this sheep.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »

OK...so which team did Jordan beat in the Finals that were comparable to the KG-Pierce-Allen Celtics? lemme know.

LOL@greatest player ever not being up for debate...says a 90's baby who only started watching basketball this decade. smh@this sheep.

You can't judge. It's all opinion. You can not scientifically prove to me which championship caliber team was better than another championship caliber team, especially when it was a complete different era of Basketball.

lol, you said Jordan was in his prime in the late 80's, you were like two years old. Who are you to judge? You caught Jordan at the end of his career.

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 04:21:35 PM »
Jerry Fuckin West.

as great as jerry west was, he is not amongst the top 3 Lakers, let alone number 1.

Logo nuff' said

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 04:27:48 PM »

You can't judge. It's all opinion. You can not scientifically prove to me which championship caliber team was better than another championship caliber team, especially when it was a complete different era of Basketball.

lol, you said Jordan was in his prime in the late 80's, you were like two years old. Who are you to judge? You caught Jordan at the end of his career.

uh, no, i never said that...Jordan was in his prime in the early-mid 90's. by his second threepeat, I was already watching every playoff game and was heavily into basketball. so I got to experience him first-hand, and i'll tell u this much; Nike and David Stern have hyped Jordan up more than any athlete has ever been hyped in any sport. Basketball is WAY deeper than Michael Jordan, and there were many all-time greats before him, and many more to still come. Basketball doesn't start and end with Jordan lmao. The peeps who were around to see Wilt-Russell-Baylor-Robertson-Magic-Bird etc. all get offended when people say Jordan is the undisputed GOAT, because there is no such thing as an undisputed GOAT. He is amongst the GOATS, but he is farrrr from head-and-shoulders above the rest, like the general public have been made to believe (most of who weren't even around to see him play) .

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 04:27:59 PM »
Jerry Fuckin West.

Logo nuff' said

Yeah, Jerry is the logo. Jordan is the brand of choice. Kobe has nothing going for him.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 04:30:47 PM »

uh, no, i never said that...Jordan was in his prime in the early-mid 90's. by his second threepeat, I was already watching every playoff game and was heavily into basketball. so I got to experience him first-hand, and i'll tell u this much; Nike and David Stern have hyped Jordan up more than any athlete has ever been hyped in any sport. Basketball is WAY deeper than Michael Jordan, and there were many all-time greats before him, and many more to still come. Basketball doesn't start and end with Jordan lmao. The peeps who were around to see Wilt-Russell-Baylor-Robertson-Magic-Bird etc. all get offended when people say Jordan is the undisputed GOAT, because there is no such thing as an undisputed GOAT. He is amongst the GOATS, but he is farrrr from head-and-shoulders above the rest, like the general public have been made to believe (most of who weren't even around to see him play) .

LOL, ok. early-mid 90's? So you were six, seven or eight? Yeah, really understanding the game. You're an idiot.

You're just mad you love Kobe, would suck his dick on call, however, MJ is outstandingly better.

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 04:38:46 PM »

LOL, ok. early-mid 90's? So you were six, seven or eight? Yeah, really understanding the game. You're an idiot.

You're just mad you love Kobe, would suck his dick on call, however, MJ is outstandingly better.

basically, growing up watching basketball, 9-10-11, i saw Jordan play and i can still remember it like it was yesterday...i collected cards at that time and knew a whole lot more by that age than u do currently LOL.  regardless, that's not the point. point is that Jordan was a great amongst many, MANY greats. when Kobe retires, he will be a great amongst many, MANY greats. They, along with Magic, Wilt, Kareem, Russell etc. will all be in GOAT discussions....honestly, though, what makes u say Jordan is the undisputed GOAT? cuz everyone else says that? clearly, u have no opinions of ur own...u weren't even around when he played his prime years and yet u still insist that he is the greatest ever, without really having a clue. is that not the most sheepish/bandwaggonish shit one can do? get some opinions of ur own and quit followin the heard, young'n.