Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Jerry West
Magic Johnson
Elgin Baylor
Kobe Bryant
Shaquille O'Neal
Wilt Chamberlain
Other

Author Topic: Greatest Laker ever  (Read 1800 times)

teecee

Re: Greatest Laker ever
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2011, 08:34:09 AM »
Well actually you saying "Jordan never played a team as good as the Boston Celtics" is an opinion, not a fact..lol.

But this thread is greatest Laker ever & there is a debate. Greatest player ever is Jordan & that isn't up for debate.

OK...so which team did Jordan beat in the Finals that were comparable to the KG-Pierce-Allen Celtics? lemme know.

LOL@greatest player ever not being up for debate...says a 90's baby who only started watching basketball this decade. smh@this sheep.

You can't judge. It's all opinion. You can not scientifically prove to me which championship caliber team was better than another championship caliber team, especially when it was a complete different era of Basketball.

lol, you said Jordan was in his prime in the late 80's, you were like two years old. Who are you to judge? You caught Jordan at the end of his career.

uh, no, i never said that...Jordan was in his prime in the early-mid 90's. by his second threepeat, I was already watching every playoff game and was heavily into basketball. so I got to experience him first-hand, and i'll tell u this much; Nike and David Stern have hyped Jordan up more than any athlete has ever been hyped in any sport. Basketball is WAY deeper than Michael Jordan, and there were many all-time greats before him, and many more to still come. Basketball doesn't start and end with Jordan lmao. The peeps who were around to see Wilt-Russell-Baylor-Robertson-Magic-Bird etc. all get offended when people say Jordan is the undisputed GOAT, because there is no such thing as an undisputed GOAT. He is amongst the GOATS, but he is farrrr from head-and-shoulders above the rest, like the general public have been made to believe (most of who weren't even around to see him play) .

LOL, ok. early-mid 90's? So you were six, seven or eight? Yeah, really understanding the game. You're an idiot.

You're just mad you love Kobe, would suck his dick on call, however, MJ is outstandingly better.

basically, growing up watching basketball, 9-10-11, i saw Jordan play and i can still remember it like it was yesterday...i collected cards at that time and knew a whole lot more by that age than u do currently LOL.  regardless, that's not the point. point is that Jordan was a great amongst many, MANY greats. when Kobe retires, he will be a great amongst many, MANY greats. They, along with Magic, Wilt, Kareem, Russell etc. will all be in GOAT discussions....honestly, though, what makes u say Jordan is the undisputed GOAT? cuz everyone else says that? clearly, u have no opinions of ur own...u weren't even around when he played his prime years and yet u still insist that he is the greatest ever, without really having a clue. is that not the most sheepish/bandwaggonish shit one can do? get some opinions of ur own and quit followin the heard, young'n.

Ok, then you weren't around for Magic, but say he's the best???!!! Hypocritical.   And being 9 or 10 doesn't make you an expert just cuz you were collecting cards!  I'm born in 1980, and I don't consider myself an expert on BIrd or Magic because I was just too young...As for era's, how many titles would Magic have if he played primarily in the 90's?  See, works both ways.   

Magic, Bird, etc, say Jordan is the best ever.  Many do.  Of course, shit like that is subjective, can't be measured, due to different eras.   Some disagree, fine.  Yes, the average fan from that era says Jordan, but today, the average fan (teenagers especially) says Kobe.  Who do the real bball heads say?  Usually, Jordan.   Sometimes Magic. 

How about this?  Name the player who, overall, dominated most in the following three categories:               

1)  Individual accolades (trophies)                2)   Statistics (scoring, rebounds, assists, etc)              3) TITLES

east bay funk

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2011, 10:27:37 AM »
Kurt Rambis

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2011, 10:39:31 AM »
lol, na NIK knows Magic. He collected Basketball cards.

Sccit

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2011, 03:34:15 PM »
Well actually you saying "Jordan never played a team as good as the Boston Celtics" is an opinion, not a fact..lol.

But this thread is greatest Laker ever & there is a debate. Greatest player ever is Jordan & that isn't up for debate.

OK...so which team did Jordan beat in the Finals that were comparable to the KG-Pierce-Allen Celtics? lemme know.

LOL@greatest player ever not being up for debate...says a 90's baby who only started watching basketball this decade. smh@this sheep.

You can't judge. It's all opinion. You can not scientifically prove to me which championship caliber team was better than another championship caliber team, especially when it was a complete different era of Basketball.

lol, you said Jordan was in his prime in the late 80's, you were like two years old. Who are you to judge? You caught Jordan at the end of his career.

uh, no, i never said that...Jordan was in his prime in the early-mid 90's. by his second threepeat, I was already watching every playoff game and was heavily into basketball. so I got to experience him first-hand, and i'll tell u this much; Nike and David Stern have hyped Jordan up more than any athlete has ever been hyped in any sport. Basketball is WAY deeper than Michael Jordan, and there were many all-time greats before him, and many more to still come. Basketball doesn't start and end with Jordan lmao. The peeps who were around to see Wilt-Russell-Baylor-Robertson-Magic-Bird etc. all get offended when people say Jordan is the undisputed GOAT, because there is no such thing as an undisputed GOAT. He is amongst the GOATS, but he is farrrr from head-and-shoulders above the rest, like the general public have been made to believe (most of who weren't even around to see him play) .

LOL, ok. early-mid 90's? So you were six, seven or eight? Yeah, really understanding the game. You're an idiot.

You're just mad you love Kobe, would suck his dick on call, however, MJ is outstandingly better.

basically, growing up watching basketball, 9-10-11, i saw Jordan play and i can still remember it like it was yesterday...i collected cards at that time and knew a whole lot more by that age than u do currently LOL.  regardless, that's not the point. point is that Jordan was a great amongst many, MANY greats. when Kobe retires, he will be a great amongst many, MANY greats. They, along with Magic, Wilt, Kareem, Russell etc. will all be in GOAT discussions....honestly, though, what makes u say Jordan is the undisputed GOAT? cuz everyone else says that? clearly, u have no opinions of ur own...u weren't even around when he played his prime years and yet u still insist that he is the greatest ever, without really having a clue. is that not the most sheepish/bandwaggonish shit one can do? get some opinions of ur own and quit followin the heard, young'n.

Ok, then you weren't around for Magic, but say he's the best???!!! Hypocritical.   And being 9 or 10 doesn't make you an expert just cuz you were collecting cards!  I'm born in 1980, and I don't consider myself an expert on BIrd or Magic because I was just too young...As for era's, how many titles would Magic have if he played primarily in the 90's?  See, works both ways.   

Magic, Bird, etc, say Jordan is the best ever.  Many do.  Of course, shit like that is subjective, can't be measured, due to different eras.   Some disagree, fine.  Yes, the average fan from that era says Jordan, but today, the average fan (teenagers especially) says Kobe.  Who do the real bball heads say?  Usually, Jordan.   Sometimes Magic. 

How about this?  Name the player who, overall, dominated most in the following three categories:               

1)  Individual accolades (trophies)                2)   Statistics (scoring, rebounds, assists, etc)              3) TITLES

all I'm sayin is, no one can say "MJ is the UNDISPUTED GOAT, head-and-shoulders above the rest"....I have maybe 20 tapes all about the Showtime Lakers and a few books as well, so even though I wasnt old enough to watch them back then, I know my Laker history well. Cham simply says Jordan is hands down the greatest only because thats what he heard everyone else saylng. it's obvious. and if the Showtime Lakers played in the 90s, they coulda 10peated LOL!

to answer ur question...

1.Kareem    2.Wilt      3.Russell

LOL

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2011, 10:03:48 PM »

teecee

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2011, 08:18:51 AM »
NIK, I didn't ask for the best in each category, I asked for the player who overall is the best in all three categories.  Do it again.

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2011, 11:54:09 AM »
^Kareem...LOL!