Author Topic: A lot of younger kids ages 10-20 think Eminem's came out with Recovery  (Read 687 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: A lot of younger kids ages 10-20 think Eminem's came out with Recovery
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 11:52:16 AM »
They had Youtube for like five years before "Recovery" even came out. Why was "Recovery" the first album they heard? lol.

Your logics never make sense.

Okay... so these kids come up to me and they tell me that the kids at their school only like Eminem cause of Recovery.  And they tell me that they were big fans of him and that they went back and heard his old stuff and that if the kids at their school heard his old stuff they would be blown away like they were in realizing that Em was way past his prime by the time he made Recovery.

So your telling me I'm lying and that these kids around my way didn't come up to me and tell me this?   Why would I lie about this.  What would I have to gain about making a lie about this?  

I just thought it was interesting the affect Em is having on a new generation of fans.  And it reminded me a little of when I got into the Chronic album when it came out without knowing about Dre's earlier work with NWA.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 11:53:25 AM »
Theres no way a 17-20 year old could think Recovery was Eminems first album. If they do they've obviously lived a very sheltered life.

I have a hard time believing it would be a 15 year old's first album.

Basically just 10-12 would probably hear Recovery first.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 11:55:57 AM »
They had Youtube for like five years before "Recovery" even came out. Why was "Recovery" the first album they heard? lol.

Okay... so these kids come up to me

Wow, that's creepy.

& yeah, I am telling you what these kids who run to talk to you say because I know you're lying just so you can ramble on in another thread about Eminem.

*Patiently waits for your next thread about Nas with some delusional theory or statement*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 12:00:12 PM »

Wow, that's creepy.

& yeah, I am telling you what these kids who run to talk to you say because I know you're lying just so you can ramble on in another thread about Eminem.

*Patiently waits for your next thread about Nas with some delusional theory or statement*

So there is something creepy about me knowing teenagers around my way?   Dude... not everybody is a hermit whose sole purpose in life is to bring NIK down over the internet in desperate hopes that he fails in life.  LOL

...and okay, yeah, you got me I was just making this up to sound cool. 

Raphael

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 12:14:14 PM »
Who gives a fuck, their kids. Their music taste will evolve. They could go on wikipedia and discover his old stuff and start youtubing the songs. Who knows a couple of year from now they might start listening to death metal and forget about Eminem.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 12:23:10 PM »

Wow, that's creepy.

So there is something creepy about me knowing teenagers around my way?   Dude... not everybody is a hermit whose sole purpose in life is to bring NIK down over the internet in desperate hopes that he fails in life.  LOL

...and okay, yeah, you got me I was just making this up to sound cool. 

lol, yes. There is. I could understand if one kid told you this. But you're making it sound like enough have told you this to where you can chalk it up as a fact. Means you'd have to have heard this from plenty of people. Meaning you're 25 (older?) & somehow crossing paths with random 17 year olds? I have friends who are older & when I see them at the park, I don't sit down & have a conversation about Eminem lol.

& not to sound cool. To sound like you know what you're talking about & you just don't.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 12:35:16 PM »

lol, yes. There is. I could understand if one kid told you this. But you're making it sound like enough have told you this to where you can chalk it up as a fact. Means you'd have to have heard this from plenty of people. Meaning you're 25 (older?) & somehow crossing paths with random 17 year olds? I have friends who are older & when I see them at the park, I don't sit down & have a conversation about Eminem lol.

& not to sound cool. To sound like you know what you're talking about & you just don't.

LOL..as if the only way to meet people outside your age group is at the park.. LMAO.  Seriously man, there is more to the world then waiting for NIK to fail in his life.

...I coach youth sports through the Islamic community here.  I have kids I've been working with since they were 12 and 13 years old, and some of them are now in college.  I've been coaching them in sports and us older cats administrate football leagues for youth and adults, flag football and basketball leagues.  Our community in Kansas City has two Islamic schools, and the schools are large enough to hold their own football fields and basketball courts. 

I also coach these kids in their life as well, and I have their back when they need me. 

...it's called interacting with people.   It benefits the youth to be able to learn from both the knowledge and from the mistakes of those older than them.  And it benefits the older generation because we can share our stories with them and extend our legacy.  It's a part of the life process.  I used to look up to rappers when I was a kid, which I don't regret at all.  But at the same time it would of been nice if as a teenager I had older cats in their 20's that I could relate to and learn from who I knew personally.   

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 02:37:38 PM »
damn i cant believe they let you mentor children but at least its only muslims

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 03:06:38 PM »
damn i cant believe they let you mentor children but at least its only muslims

who is "they"?   There is nobody in charge who "let's" me mentor teenagers.  They respect me and listen to me, and I value my friendship with them.  And it gives me an excuse to play sports and share my experiences/legacy.  Simple as that.   I don't need a "they" to get permission from to mentor kids.

Okka

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 03:12:10 PM »
I also coach these kids in their life as well, and I have their back when they need me.

You're their gang leader?

...it's called interacting with people.   It benefits the youth to be able to learn from both the knowledge and from the mistakes of those older than them.  And it benefits the older generation because we can share our stories with them and extend our legacy.  It's a part of the life process.  I used to look up to rappers when I was a kid, which I don't regret at all.  But at the same time it would of been nice if as a teenager I had older cats in their 20's that I could relate to and learn from who I knew personally.

It's a hard knock life, huh?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 03:18:54 PM »

You're their gang leader?

It's a hard knock life, huh?

Shit.. 90% of the people who post here probably looked up to the rappers they listened to when they were kids.  That's not a new phenomenon and it's not like I was the first and only kid who ever did that.  It doesn't mean I went and tried to join the Crips cause I heard Snoop was in a gang.

It just means being young you try to listen to them and learn form their experiences, positive or negative.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 04:12:26 PM »
Big fans of music wouldn't make those type of statements, because if they enjoy something so much they will immediately look for more stuff of that rapper/band/artist etc.  I can see a casual music fan making some outrageous statements. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 11:27:41 PM »
Islams do live under rocks, so I guess that's why your group of boys you like to touch is an exception to this failure of a thread.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 05:08:13 AM »
Islams do live under rocks, so I guess that's why your group of boys you like to touch is an exception to this failure of a thread.

Sorry, I don't know what an "Islams" is... can you enlighten me since you sound so versed on the subject?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, 07:54:51 AM »

Sorry, I don't know what an "Islams" is... can you enlighten me since you sound so versed on the subject?

That's your big "fuck you" back? Pack your bags, sonny. Give up.