Author Topic: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]  (Read 10155 times)

quiksta80

• 'G'
Re: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]
« Reply #180 on: August 18, 2011, 01:33:45 PM »
I've tried giving game a chance i've listened to all 3 of his first albums and numerous times but he just don't do it for me. His raspy voice gets annoying to me after awhile and hearing dre's name come out of his mouth every other sentence just gets old. Not to say other rappers don't repeat the same stuff over n over again im just not down with the name dropping as almost the entire content on every album.

Deeez Nuuuts

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #181 on: August 18, 2011, 01:52:35 PM »
I don't get the hate for this album. Yes it has a few tracks that I skip, but I would give it at least a 3.5/5

EnzoUK

« Reply #182 on: August 18, 2011, 03:35:05 PM »
Ok i'v listened to it quite a few time's now, and my verdict is:

DA > DOC > LAX > RED.

RED has some great tracks no doubt, and i even think Ricky would have fitted pefectly on the Doctor's Adovcate, the quality of that track is that high. But i think LAX is better overall album.

I find the production on RED pretty boring, it's just missing that spice that his first 2 albums had.

i really think he fucked this up, i mean he's released some great material recently: Purp & Patron, The Hangover, Hoodmorning, Brakelights etcc, but the track selection for this album is all over the place, the second half of the album seems like it was rushed n they just threw anything on there, alsot the dre skits are uneccessary and bring nothing at all to the album.

Mars production is all over this album and i really dont think it does anything good for the album... it would have been much better if the mars tracks were replaced by cool & dre produced tracks.

I still believe he should have ran with "The Kill" for his single, just due to the tracks production, it had mass appeal, more so than the red nation sample, and just a great song in general.

for the time he's been working on this album, it really ain't what it should have been. i mean this album was totally recorded over 4 times during the past 2 & abit years.

Game just needs to stick who he works well with production wise, i mean his history with DJ Khalil, E.P & JR Rotem, all those tracks are flawless and they always seem to bring out the best in game.

but as it stands, this album is a major letdown as a whole, and this is coming from a guy who's seen him live 3 times in concert, and i own all his albums and have hard copies of some of his early mixtapes too, so in no way am i a hater. i'v give a honest and fair review here.
Twitter: @EnzoUK

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #183 on: August 18, 2011, 03:44:24 PM »
First Impression... probably the worst of all his albums! I'll spin it a couple more times!

Yup, there is no doubt.

LAX >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> R.E.D.

Yup, It's official for me. This album is his worst! I wasn't expecting this at all. I mean it has some good cuts (The City, M v G, The Good, B& Ugly, Ricky) and a couple more but has too many weak tracks. The southern beat tracks are fucking trash. I don't know why Rick Ross is in the album or how those tracks made the album. Too many R&B tracks. He has Chris Brown, Mario, Lloyd, Nelly Furtado all in the album? Too much filler. The album has no direction or structure. It's definitely the worst IMO.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2011, 04:00:06 PM »

Yup, It's official for me. This album is his worst! I wasn't expecting this at all. I mean it has some good cuts (The City, M v G, The Good, B& Ugly, Ricky) and a couple more but has too many weak tracks. The southern beat tracks are fucking trash. I don't know why Rick Ross is in the album or how those tracks made the album. Too many R&B tracks. He has Chris Brown, Mario, Lloyd, Nelly Furtado all in the album? Too much filler. The album has no direction or structure. It's definitely the worst IMO.

As a Game fan, it is hard for me to admit  :P but this album as a whole is weak.

The City and Ricky are really dope ! Sounds like tracks that would be off of the Documentary. M v G and Good Girls are alright too, but there is no direction whatsoever. Though it took over 2 years to make, it sounds like a project that started off well but was then rushed to be completed. 

Fresh Bone

« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2011, 04:02:23 PM »
The budget for this album must have been huge considering how many songs/mixtapes came out since L.A.X.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2011, 04:07:37 PM »

As a Game fan, it is hard for me to admit  :P but this album as a whole is weak.

The City and Ricky are really dope ! Sounds like tracks that would be off of the Documentary. M v G and Good Girls are alright too, but there is no direction whatsoever. Though it took over 2 years to make, it sounds like a project that started off well but was then rushed to be completed. 

I agree. Its like he rushed it. He figured he had some BIG NAME artist on some songs and threw them in. The best thing about the album is that he gave some of the new cats a chance to shine (kendrick, Tyler) but this shit was weak. Some songs are real nice but the album as a whole is weak.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

deeznutz1981

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #187 on: August 18, 2011, 04:18:57 PM »
I agree with most and I'm also a huge Game fan. Bought all his albums and most of his mixtapes but this album isn't cohesive whatsoever! It reminds me of Before I Self Destruct a bit how it starts off incredible and just completely dies down second half (minus 2-3 tracks)

I was really hoping that after such a long ass wait this album would be put together and sequenced almost perfectly. something tells me Jimmy iovine's bitch ass had a lot to do with it cause apparently they kept rejecting the album until a few months back when Interscope finally gave it the green light. There's too much watered down bullshit!

On another note the good tracks on it are fuckin epic and because Game has given us all this free quality (for the most part) music I'm still gonna cop the album and support! I just wish they had of sequenced the tracks a bit better and took off the forced bitch tracks.

either way it was somewhat of a good effort 3/5

dj Hurricane

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #188 on: August 18, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
decent album worth a buy IMO game supplied the west with 3 mixtapes this year time for us to give some support

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #189 on: August 18, 2011, 06:48:23 PM »
decent album worth a buy IMO game supplied the west with 3 mixtapes this year time for us to give some support

No Doubt ! Will cop this one anyway, he did supply us with a healthy dose of free music.

xxrayrayxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SouthSiders XIII
« Reply #190 on: August 18, 2011, 07:34:37 PM »
Its funny how everyone is bashing this album and then listing all the tracks they like from it. Get The Fuck Outta here with your lame asses.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4</a>

What Doesnt Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #191 on: August 18, 2011, 08:02:24 PM »
This forum has gone off the deep end.

How so?

Comparing this album to R.E.D. is crazy. The fact "The Documentary" is even in conversation should be enough to hand out void slips on opinions.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #192 on: August 18, 2011, 08:21:47 PM »
I highly doubt he had a huge budget. Probably a fair one. But you have to keep in mind Game has a lot of connections in the industry so he probably got a lot of features and beats for free (or a 'ill do your album if you do mine' type of thing). The label probably only paid for features from guys like Drake, Wale, Mario, Nelly Furtado and shit like that. Can't imagine Kendrick, E-40, Weezy, CB, Snoop, or Rick Ross charging him.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #193 on: August 18, 2011, 08:29:06 PM »
everyone agrees............wacky weak album
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #194 on: August 18, 2011, 08:55:20 PM »
This forum has gone off the deep end.

How so?

Comparing this album to R.E.D. is crazy. The fact "The Documentary" is even in conversation should be enough to hand out void slips on opinions.

What and who are you talking about?