Author Topic: Dre's Voice  (Read 2680 times)

Imatrukahs

• Lil Geezy
Re: Dre's Voice
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2011, 02:24:19 PM »
Dr Dre's voice, how funny is this topic, he richer than any of us and u all dissing him, to me he could change his style to Madonna style, he still a legend, money matters dont u know that? They laugh at u kids,and u think u gonna hurt them. A forum like this is the last place they care about. The Game dissing its funny, how can u diss people who will always have more than U?

hitsaw

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2011, 02:31:31 PM »
dre can do wtf he wants, cuz hes the fucking doctor!!!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2011, 02:55:48 PM »
No, you're at a loss for words because you know I'm right. The evidence is right there in the reference tracks.

the reference tracks are to show him how he should flow the lyrics, dumbfuck, not how his voice should sound. lmao. u, my friend, are the idiot. no one on here will agree with u, cuz what ur saying is extremely dumb (as usual).

Listen to both versions of Crack a Bottle. Notice how Dre raps exactly how Em laid out. Now listen to Drug Prescription. The obvious conclusion is that he's rapping like Timbaland because the ghostwriter told him to rap that way. It's okay to admit your wrong.

Deuce-Deuce

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2011, 03:58:32 PM »
Flow and Voice are 2 different things
Fuck that club shit
I'm on that Dub shit

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2011, 04:21:24 PM »

Agreed...if reference tracks were to show dre how to rap in a certain voice then why aint he tryin to rap in a corny a$$ nasaly voice on crack a bottle like em would have SOUNDED...its the flow he used off em not the voice.

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2011, 05:18:56 PM »

Agreed...if reference tracks were to show dre how to rap in a certain voice then why aint he tryin to rap in a corny a$$ nasaly voice on crack a bottle like em would have SOUNDED...its the flow he used off em not the voice.

No cause the em version doing dre's verse is out, and em emulatess dre's deep voice.

The D.O.C and

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2011, 03:56:57 AM »

no use in tryna explain...the guy is an idiot

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2011, 10:56:09 AM »

No cause the em version doing dre's verse is out, and em emulatess dre's deep voice.

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 02:16:36 PM »
Dre's a doctor, so he's experimenting, that's his profession

shmosh

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 02:28:38 PM »
He doesn't do it in every track - in Die Hard he sounds like good old Dre.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2011, 02:36:26 PM »
Yeah, dont forget about that one. Dre had a dope flow on it, just what I'd like to hear actually.

His idea to go into the clubs was/is a flop.

love33

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2011, 12:01:18 PM »
These new songs sound like he's comfortable with his voice for the fist time in his career. let him keep experimenting with it. Atleast he's not doing like eminem or 50 and yelling or using gay accents

It took him until 40 years old to find comfort with his voice?  If people wanted to hear a different voice they would go listen to another rapper.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2011, 02:48:43 PM »
 >:( you got to be shiting me? a topic about his voice? I could see this if it was about doc, or at the least em over using that accent, but dr dre? Haha. Make a thread like this if rbx starts sounding like tiger woods yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

love33

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2011, 07:45:22 PM »
>:( you got to be shiting me? a topic about his voice? I could see this if it was about doc, or at the least em over using that accent, but dr dre? Haha. Make a thread like this if rbx starts sounding like tiger woods yell

Just imagine listening to Ice Cube, Too Short, or DJ Quik and their voice is messed up and it keeps changing almost sounding like a completely diff artist, and even sometimes you can barely recognize it.  The reason people like an artist is because they are unique and have their own fingerprint on rap, not trying to sound like every other eminem and jay-z out there.

love33

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2011, 10:30:55 PM »
Yeah, dont forget about that one. Dre had a dope flow on it, just what I'd like to hear actually.

His idea to go into the clubs was/is a flop.

"The Next Episode" (Dr. Dre "2001") was a huge club hit for him.  The first three singles on Death Row "Chronic" were club hits.  Now, "Topless," "Kush," and "Chillin" are all attempts at club hits.  Dre definitely wants to get into the club but his biggest fear right now is the techno rap.  He's afraid his music will be shelved for the modernized techno music like Flo Rida, Pitbull, and David Guetta (I wouldn't be surprised if Dre had Guetta do the club single for him after this mess he's in).  He is seein 50 struggle to re-establish his career, Game's 90k units in the first week, and he tried collabing with Eminem on "I Need A Doctor" and that didn't bode well to release his album.  He's afraid of flopping, that's why I think he's doin crazy shit like messin with his voice.  He has to compete with the young producers like Porter Robinson who are full of energy ready to pop all kinds of modernized music and then euro artists like Swedish House Mafia are creeping into the spins at clubs that rappers used to get, plus the vast amount of rap music is heavy.  Wayne, Ross, and Drake have that Miami market on lock, in ATL they are lookin for T.I., Jeezy, and Gucci; Jay-Z and Kanye got the midwest & east on lock; what is he going to do try to feature Jay-Z on every track?  Tracks like "Kush" will fly on the West Coast but that won't venture far out of the left side of the map with all this competition and techno-rap stealing spins.