Author Topic: Diamondbacks Trade Kelly Johnson For Aaron Hill And John McDonald  (Read 89 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
On the surface this isn't really a significant trade overall.  But it's just further evidence that Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulous has some sort of jedi mind tricks over other GMs.
I don't see what the Diamondbacks are thinking here.  This move really doesn't help their team this season or long term.  They are giving up a player that accumulated 7.5 WAR in the past one and three quarter seasons for a 29 year old who has fallen off a cliff (.291 wOBA in 2010 .265 wOBA in 2011) and a 37 year old bench player with a career .268 wOBA.
They are all going to be free agents and Johnson will probably end up being type A and Hill might lose that type B status. 

Just like with the Wells trade and the Rasmus trade, I don't know what the other teams are thinking.  Thank god AA is working for my favorite team.   

Lunatic

Re: Diamondbacks Trade Kelly Johnson For Aaron Hill And John McDonald
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 01:35:43 PM »
I'm so happy to be rid of Aaron Hill! What a disappointing down slide he's been on for a while now. Johnny Mac was a fan favorite so it sucks to see him go but besides his fantastic defensive ability (as a bench guy), it doesn't hurt to lose him at all.

I don't know much about this Kelly Johnson guy though.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

PLANT

Re: Diamondbacks Trade Kelly Johnson For Aaron Hill And John McDonald
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 02:20:44 PM »
sad to see johnny mac gone, but glad they got rid of hilll. 

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Lunatic

Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com