Author Topic: clean up dubcnn.com  (Read 1043 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

clean up dubcnn.com
« on: August 28, 2011, 11:44:05 AM »
yall should jus clean it up already. people have nagged for like 3 yrs now.. r u guys deaf or just lazy?

the old mp3-archives, the interview-archives (the audio diestn work, text doesnt alwyas show up)

is this incredibly difficult?  :sombrero:

Eric - Dubcnn.com

Re: clean up dubcnn.com
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 12:04:33 PM »
We're actually working on this now! Would you like to point out specific things for us? So we can re-up them in the meantime? We're actually working a complete overhaul as we speak on both the site and forum.

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 03:45:39 AM »
give me admin access to the site and i will take it 2 new levels, believeit. u will never deal with 2009 interviews being on the front page and dead mp3 links from years back. i think if i ever got into this internet shit back when it took off, i'da been good at it...i was just a dick 2 every1 when i was younger, so i burned my bridges with seer and all 'em.. but when it comes down 2 it, dubcnn woulda been the biggest hip-hop site on the net if i was part of the management team. 8)

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 04:24:26 AM »
give me admin access to the site and i will take it 2 new levels, believeit. u will never deal with 2009 interviews being on the front page and dead mp3 links from years back. i think if i ever got into this internet shit back when it took off, i'da been good at it...i was just a dick 2 every1 when i was younger, so i burned my bridges with seer and all 'em.. but when it comes down 2 it, dubcnn woulda been the biggest hip-hop site on the net if i was part of the management team. 8)

lol

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

LYRIDER

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 05:46:00 AM »

lol

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 06:20:18 AM »
i was just a dick 2 every1 when i was younger, so i burned my bridges with seer and all 'em.. but when it comes down 2 it, dubcnn woulda been the biggest hip-hop site on the net if i was part of the management team. 8)

you still a dick  :sshh: :loser:
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 10:26:18 AM »
LOL. You've managed to abuse mod powers without even being one. Giving you the powers to use at your disposal, you would nose-dive this forum into the ground.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 11:45:21 AM »
We're actually working on this now! Would you like to point out specific things for us? So we can re-up them in the meantime? We're actually working a complete overhaul as we speak on both the site and forum.

The interviews archive shows the most recent interviews as 2 years ago. The album review section doesn't have any new reviews in the past 4 years. Album release dates section has nothing from 2011 (and still shows albums from 2010 that never came out). Your news archive is non-existent. Basically the only up-to-date part of your site is the main page. Who is responsible for keeping the different pages up-to-date? It seems like you have several people doing different interviews and news articles and whatnot, but no one actually maintaining the site. You need to get someone specifically for that purpose.

Your site needs tons of help and it seems like there are plenty of people right here on this forum offering. Take advantage. A capable admin who will update the site should be your first priority.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 11:50:28 AM »
LOL. You've managed to abuse mod powers without even being one. Giving you the powers to use at your disposal, you would nose-dive this forum into the ground.

i'm not talkin bout dubcc, i'm talkin bout dubcnn, idiot

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 11:52:53 AM »
the defunct n corrupted mp3-archive from 04, 03 n 02.. surely, Rud, Yash or someone should have all the old audio on an external hardrive?

upladoin everyhtin at once would take a whle,, but yall could at least take individual requests for now tho..? its not a biggie, just a few seconds,, upload the requested song(s) on a server..
now, should it really take more than 3 yrs to solve this bullshit?   :-X
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 11:58:53 AM by Michael Madsen »

Eric - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 12:03:59 PM »
@Michael - Yeah, as we discussed, the stuff around that era is weird. I'll see if Nima or someone has all this stuff and see if I can get a re-up.

@Spice-2 - We are currently upgrading the site and the forum.  The site will be on a new CMS which will allow you to actually view past pages thus making content management easier and allowing us to update interviews, reviews, album release dates, etc. more thoroughly. I'm also looking into the possibility of switching the forum to this new software called IPBoard, since SMF is very dated. For the CMS, we will likely be using Joomla or Wordpress as a temporary means till we develop our own CMS. About the staff, we have plenty of them, people just don't like editing HTML. Me being one of those people. As I said, once we have this new CMS in place, updating the site will be a piece of cake and I will take it upon myself to diversify our content as well as keep the site up to date.

http://www.invisionpower.com/products/board/
http://www.wordpress.com

@NIK - Will pass it on to Rud.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 12:29:33 PM »
So you've got more than enough people running the site except none of them like using html. Doesn't make a whole lotta sense. Sounds like you need a dedicated webmaster whose job is to specifically do that. Is the staff getting paid?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:36:14 PM by Spice 2 sees the bitch in you »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 01:42:27 PM »
Look, you can't become a major website due to the music covered. West Coast rap is out of the spotlight & the underground acts coming up aren't even all that good outside of Kendrick Lamar.

It has nothing to do with failed management; this is a finely ran website. It's failure with the intention & the overall state of West Coast Hip Hop.

Basically, if your goal is to be a huge website you cannot isolate yourself to one coast & sound of music. Other websites cover the entire game. Hence why they are far more popular.

Eric - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 02:47:06 PM »
So you've got more than enough people running the site except none of them like using html. Doesn't make a whole lotta sense.

HTML is archaic and a caveman like editing system for websites. Sites like HipHopDX, TMZ, 2DopeBoyz, etc. all use a CMS like Wordpress which means they can be updated more easily but with Dubcnn that isn't the case.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 05:39:23 PM »
But I'm pretty sure most websites still use html. It just seems like a shame to let the site suffer for years just because you guys don't like going in there and messing with code. I'm sure someone here would be willing to do it. Anyway, when you get the site together I could do album reviews. There's a section there for album reviews but they are all old albums. I listen to a fair amount of music and can probably do in depth reviews.