Author Topic: How many 2Pac fans actually listened to him when he was alive?  (Read 1687 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Just curious because I thought I was older than most of the people here. But I was still only 11 when he died. Old enough to know him and like his songs but not really old enough to be a true fan of his. Some people here act like they rode with him as part of his entourage. When did you first get into his music? I did when All Eyez On Me came out and one of my brothers bought it and let me listen to it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: How many 2Pac fans actually listened to him when he was alive?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 02:48:51 PM »
lmfao, my birthday didn't even come yet in '96, so I was still three.

NIK was nine, but had his entire discography down to every single lyric. Highly impressive.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »
Did not get into Pac's music heavy until Me Against The World came out

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 03:16:37 PM »
got into Biggie first, discovered Pac later. right after he died, i was 10, 1997 - "all eyez on me".
i still remember The Source-magzine cover wit the RIP-headline

YGDTOPDOGG

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 03:19:28 PM »
Im pretty sure most of em
#FREE #NEWMUSIC CHECKOUT THE LATEST NEWS HERE 1ST. http://goo.gl/9z3gU

ROBBS

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 03:32:43 PM »
1st pac shit i ever had was a tape with keep ur head up & i get around off the strictly for my niggas album..it was actually the 1st rap tape i ever owned period. and pac been my favorite ever since.. i was bout 9/10
SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL!!

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 03:42:46 PM »
When me against the world came out...I liked so many tears 4 some reason...but I been knew em since juice...

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

bouli77

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 03:47:29 PM »
i was 8 and half when dude died lol. i remember california love being big in euroland but that's it. i wasn't into rap back then. really started listening to him in 2000-2001.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 04:57:05 PM »
I wasn't the big music and hip-hop fan I am today but at the time, he died, I was I believe, just starting starting sophomore year of high school. I loved Pac but I wasn't very aware of a lot of the controversy. I had a friends who bumped his shit constantly and he was a lot in the public so his music was always there. I remember that everyone in school when he got shot was convinced he would live because he'd been shot before. It's such a different thing to discuss now because Pac became so much more after he died, that it's crazy. His music and life took on new meaning and everything that followed with Big dying and the whole theories that Pac was still alive, he had become a fucking icon. What's weird is that I had loved "Keep Ya Head Up" from when it became a single but back then, it was just music. I didn't watch a lot of MTV or anything like that so music was just music. I didn't know who sang a lot of the songs, I would just listen to the radio and what I liked, I liked. Years later when I was well aware of who Tupac was, I made the connection and then I really was interested.

Mo-D

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Me and Kurupt - Brisbane 2007
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 05:59:03 PM »
I was 12 when Pac died, and I had 2 CD's. 1 was How Do u Want it Maxi single with Hit em Up and the other was Dear mama which was on some Coke promo CD.

not bad for a 12 yr old I guess.  I bought Makaveli the day it came out. Crazy stuff looking back 15 yrs on. I was only 12 buying Makaveli. haha.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 06:46:53 PM »
first time i heard his name was 'america's most wanted" saying he is dead.....cause he makes music about being dead
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 07:15:51 PM »
I was a teenager when Pac died... so I bumped his shit when he was alive.  It's interesting because I was old enough to remember all of the stuff going on, along with all of the MTV reports and all of that.

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 07:34:19 PM »
I got into him after he died. I was 11
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

Funkstradamus

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 07:57:06 PM »
i actually saw Juice at the theater and i was so impressed with his performance i stopped at the record store to pick up 2Paclypse Now on cassette on the way home...i already knew he was a rapper from seeing  Brendas Got A Baby on The Box......been a fan every since... 8) 8) 8) 8)

EML

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 08:21:34 PM »
I was 10 when the Ressurection soundtrack came ou that was the first cd I bought but  before that I knew
who he was to some degree my older brother owned a lot of his albums so I recognized his face on the cover.
Let's get along with the Mexicans
And we can all have peace on the sets again
Imagine that if it took place [ha ha ha]
Keeping the smile off their white faces
2pac
Blacks and Mexicans stop all that bullshit in the pen
Understand that is us verse them
Ice Cube