Author Topic: How many 2Pac fans actually listened to him when he was alive?  (Read 1685 times)

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: How many 2Pac fans actually listened to him when he was alive?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 08:32:30 PM »
Damn, y'all are young.

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 08:35:39 PM »
I was 11 when he died, didn't really get into him until All Eyez on Me came out.  If pac didnt go to deathrow I doubt I would of ever been a fan.  My pops had customers that worked up at interscope so I used to get all the deathrow shit for free.  I had heard some of his older stuff but never really paid attention.  They filmed the kitchen scene of Keep Ya Head up at my family house in South Central.  I was supposed to go to the hit em up video shoot but I didn't cause I figured I could just go to the next one.  All the other homies went except me and of course after that he died.  Kinda always bothered me that I didn't get to meet the dude.  
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:38:08 PM by Black Male »

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 08:49:38 PM »
I was 16 and I heard "Keep Ya Head Up" on TV and that's what got me interested in Pac.  I went out and bought Strictly For My NIGGAZ on cassette tape so i could play it in my car.  I was slightly dissapointed because the album version of Keep Ya Head Up was slightly different than the single version.  It had an extra instrumental piece during the chorus that I found somewhat annoying.  I think all the current pressings have the single version on them now.  Anyways, after I saw the video for I Get Around, and started listening to the album more, i liked it.  Then I bought Me Against the World after hearing Dear Mama and So Many Tears on TV and i loved that album.  I went back and bought the THug Life album after hearing How Long Will They Mourn Me on BET.  I remember MTV didn't play that video for whatever reason.  After that, i was hooked and bought every 2pac album since then.  I remember trying to record every Pac video off the TV that i could.  I don't think i ended up buying 2Pacalypse Now until after All Eyez On Me came out.  It took me a long time to get into 2Pacalypse Now.  At first when i bought it, i just did it so i could say i had every Pac album and didn't listen to it a whole lot.  After i played out my other 2pac albums to death, that's when I started giving it more of a chance.  I bought AEOM the day it came out, and pretty much every pac album after that i bought the day it came out at the store.  I was a huge Death Row fan too, ever since the Chronic, so once Pac joined tha Row, it was on!  1995-1996 era was great for me.  Soopafly also came huge with "I Don't Hang", and that made me a fan of his for life as well.  
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:52:16 PM by Soopafly DPGC »

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 08:51:35 PM »
damn...i was 18 when he died, 12 when same song dropped, and owned brenda's got a baby/b side when my homies call 12' on vinyl, (bought it new), along with 2pacalypose now on cassette....and im not even one of these huge fans, but i did bump his music back then fo sho
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 09:48:46 PM »
i got into pac when i heard shed so many tears, my cuzzin used to bump me against the world all the time and thats what got me into pac. when he went to death row, it was on! i saw pac on mtv all tha time when all eyez on me came out. california love was always in rotation on mtv when they actually used play music videos. i was 12 when pac died.
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 09:59:39 PM »
I wasn't the big music and hip-hop fan I am today but at the time, he died, I was I believe, just starting starting sophomore year of high school. I loved Pac but I wasn't very aware of a lot of the controversy. I had a friends who bumped his shit constantly and he was a lot in the public so his music was always there. I remember that everyone in school when he got shot was convinced he would live because he'd been shot before. It's such a different thing to discuss now because Pac became so much more after he died, that it's crazy. His music and life took on new meaning and everything that followed with Big dying and the whole theories that Pac was still alive, he had become a fucking icon. What's weird is that I had loved "Keep Ya Head Up" from when it became a single but back then, it was just music. I didn't watch a lot of MTV or anything like that so music was just music. I didn't know who sang a lot of the songs, I would just listen to the radio and what I liked, I liked. Years later when I was well aware of who Tupac was, I made the connection and then I really was interested.

lol same here. He was just a rapper back then. I think some people forget that.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 10:00:49 PM »
PAc died when I was 14 I was listening to PAc, Cube, Snoop, Dre, Biggie, KAy z and many others oh ya wu tang, fugees, busta was realy big around that era too

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 10:07:12 PM »
I wasn't the big music and hip-hop fan I am today but at the time, he died, I was I believe, just starting starting sophomore year of high school. I loved Pac but I wasn't very aware of a lot of the controversy. I had a friends who bumped his shit constantly and he was a lot in the public so his music was always there. I remember that everyone in school when he got shot was convinced he would live because he'd been shot before. It's such a different thing to discuss now because Pac became so much more after he died, that it's crazy. His music and life took on new meaning and everything that followed with Big dying and the whole theories that Pac was still alive, he had become a fucking icon. What's weird is that I had loved "Keep Ya Head Up" from when it became a single but back then, it was just music. I didn't watch a lot of MTV or anything like that so music was just music. I didn't know who sang a lot of the songs, I would just listen to the radio and what I liked, I liked. Years later when I was well aware of who Tupac was, I made the connection and then I really was interested.
But were y'all in California at the time?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 10:09:49 PM »
But were y'all in California at the time?

I've been in cali my whole life

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 10:21:44 PM »
Then perhaps you may have just been too young -- but barely.  I don't know how to explain it... there was just something special about being in California when Pac was alive, especially if you were coming of age.  Like I said, I was a teenager, and other people who were around that age may know what I mean.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 10:40:35 PM »
Then perhaps you may have just been too young -- but barely.  I don't know how to explain it... there was just something special about being in California when Pac was alive, especially if you were coming of age.  Like I said, I was a teenager, and other people who were around that age may know what I mean.

I may have been young at the time but I know what it was like. I grew up in a household of people older than me who listened to Pac. And I was the one who personally connected to his music the most. He wasn't a god back then, he was a rapper. Hell, he wasn't even the biggest name on the west until he made the move to Death Row and put out All Eyez On Me. And I'd say that was his least emotional/meaningful album.

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 12:36:59 AM »
You should keep Pac's name out your mouth for a while

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 02:09:12 AM »
Naah, was 11 when he got killed and wasn't really into music, busy playing football and basically being a kid lol.

I remember California Love being huge even here in Norway and I digged the video.
And I have to admit that it wasn't until Changes got released I became a fan, so I guess I'm one of those fans lol.

kemizt

mlk93

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 02:12:57 AM »
damn i was 18 when i died i was a snoop fan and a westcoast before a tupac fan . the first song i heard was i get a round and brenda 's got a baby then keep ur head up but me against the world and the thug life album made me a true fan

Regime*Rida

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 03:22:56 AM »
I was 17 when he died and started listening to Strictly for my Ni@@as when it first came out. my friend brother worked at a radio station and used to hook us up with heaps of stuff. Living in Australia in the early 90' there was hard to get a lot of stuff but it was great to get Pac, Dre, Snoop, Spice 1, Cube, Ant Banks, Paris and heaps of stuff when they first came out. A great time to grow up..........
She started letting me and my boys hit together
Me and Pac hit the slot now it's out in the open
Didn't take long, to make her get it on, came on strong
And Thugs Get Lonely Too was our slogan - "TECH N9NE"