Author Topic: Greatest Modern Day Love Song  (Read 602 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re:Greatest Modern Day Love Song
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2003, 06:31:10 AM »

Freak me Shai

Actually, that's Silk that did that. People get them confused because they came out the at the sametime, and sound the same, the name and voices, and your able to DL Freak Me by Shai more so than Silk. So you know that's a common mistake.

Damn...thats true but still ...Thats one of the greatest song to make love to

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2003, 09:44:02 PM »
Mary J Blige - Everything

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2003, 07:47:34 AM »
What do yall think is the greatest MODERN DAY love song? I mean, like 1990 Up.  And please don't be afraid to agree with my choice, LOL I think it's gotta be the best, so don't just post something different to be different, lol.  Of course, if you think somethi'n else is better, lemme know.

Greatest Love Song Of the Modern Age Is:

"All My Life" by K-Ci & JoJo.  Yall know it's hard for me to say that, too, because Usually I think newer stuff pales in comparison to the stuff from the 60's, 70's, Frank Sinatra, Beatles, etc... this song is different though.  Man, this thing is just perfect.  Both of their voices sound so fresh & inspired, and it's just a beautiful song.  Also, it's not all sleazy, like "back it up on me" or anything, lol, it's just really soulful and nice stuff.  We have dances once a month at church, and they always have to play this track, because everybody just eats it up.  My favorite part is

"I promise to never fall in love/With a stranger/
You're all I'm thinking of/I praise the Lord Above/
For sendin' me your love/I cherish Every Hug/
I really Love You
And All My life/ I prayed for someone like you/
and I thank God/I finally found you/
And All My Life/I prayed for someone like you/
And I hope that you feel the same way too/"

Wow, that's just awesome.  The way they're praising God for their love, and the harmonies, and how sincere they sound, is just incredible to me.  There's nothing better than slow dancing with some hot girl to this song, ooh wee; holding her close, your hand on her hip, her hand on your chest, swaying back and forth to this while it's playing so loud the bass is making the floor shake, and the harmonies are echoing off the vault in the dance hall.  People are like "This is gonna be my wedding song" and usually I think that's tacky, lol but man, this song deserves it.  On top of it all, K-Ci & JoJo are both from Charlotte, & Monroe, where I'm hanging out everyday.  

I agree with you Trauma. This is my wife and my song.

Trauma-san

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2003, 02:41:22 PM »
I know everybody's got their favorites, but it looks like this one wins with the common vote!