Author Topic: Money Mayweather is going to kill Ortiz  (Read 1546 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Money Mayweather is going to kill Ortiz
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 02:37:26 PM »
Blood testing doesn't get you drowsy, now if he were to donate pints of blood that's a different case.  When it comes to a boxing match, each boxer can request their own rules.  Pac has done it plenty of times by asking boxers to fight at a Catch-weight. De La Hoya asked Mayweather to fight with smaller gloves. Pac also requested Mayweather to be fined $10 million dollars for every LB over 147, Mayweather agreed and even offered the 14 day cut off dates to Pac and they still refused.  After that, Mayweather said fuck it all his fights random blood testing with no cut-off dates. 

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 03:45:09 PM »
Blood testing doesn't get you drowsy, now if he were to donate pints of blood that's a different case.  When it comes to a boxing match, each boxer can request their own rules.  Pac has done it plenty of times by asking boxers to fight at a Catch-weight. De La Hoya asked Mayweather to fight with smaller gloves. Pac also requested Mayweather to be fined $10 million dollars for every LB over 147, Mayweather agreed and even offered the 14 day cut off dates to Pac and they still refused.  After that, Mayweather said fuck it all his fights random blood testing with no cut-off dates. 
The fine for Mayweather coming in overweight is irrelevant, since all it does is reinforce the same limit as before.  Did they change the 147 pound welterweight limit?  No.  They just put a bigger penalty if Floyd comes in overweight.  Why?  Because he had come in two pounds over the contracted weight before against Marquez, so he has a documented history of not meeting weight (albeit at a catchweight).  But coming in at 147 isn't hard for Mayweather, so it's no more of a concern than it would be if the penalty weren't there.  They're not making him have to do anything extra.

First off, let me say that I wish Manny would've just taken the tests in the beginning to get it over with, but that aside, it was an additional physical hurdle that Manny would have to go through, one that is neither required nor necessary.  Are blood tests good for the sport?  Sure, I'm not against them.  But if he doesn't want to do them, then he doesn't want to do them.  But he agreed to anyway, then Mayweather kept changing his stance.  Let's not forget...

First round of negoations: Floyd wants blood tests, Manny says no, Floyd allows 14-day cutoff, Manny allows 24-day cutoff (which was when he was blood tested before the Hatton match)... no dice, Manny fights Clottey, Floyd fights Mosley (though we later find out that their last blood tests were 18 days before the fight)
Second round: Manny agrees to original 14-day cutoff, Floyd wants testing up to the fight... no dice, Manny fights Margarito
Third round: Manny (allegedly) agrees to testing up to the fight (though Michael Koncz said in 24/7 that it was a 7-day cutoff), Floyd still wants testing up to the fight... no dice, Manny fights Mosley
Fourth round (kind of): Manny agrees to testing up to the fight, though they want to use the WADA (since the USADA can't conduct tests in the Philippines where Manny trains), but Floyd wants the USADA to exclusively conduct the tests and supposedly even wants Manny to train exclusively in the U.S. as a result (though I think it was more his team who said it)

Some fault lies with both of them, but Floyd is the one who keeps changing his demands after Manny agrees.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 03:51:59 PM »
A physical hurdle?  Come on now.  All the news reports are there, you get the misconception that there was an agreement thanks to Bob Arum's classic press releases.

rayallen0

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 04:44:25 PM »
making a bigger fine for weight and asking for a blood test even closer to the fight is completly different.

dude is a walking contradiction.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 05:04:17 PM »
Yup it is.  Because one if unchecked can be extremely dangerous for a fight. 

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 05:12:08 PM »

dude is a walking contradiction.
I watched the second video where he admits contradicting himself.  However, it's stupid for him to talk about the situations where certain athletes had always been expected to be great while saying that Pacquiao "magically" got good in recent years.  That's completely wrong, but Floyd is about getting your attention, so I guess he succeeded.

Again, this isn't saying who is better, because that doesn't matter until they step in the ring.  But Floyd was good from the beginning because he had real training from the beginning.  Floyd Sr. and Roger were professional boxers, so Floyd Jr. was always around boxing from birth and was trained by professionals who happened to be his father and uncle, respectively.  Manny was poor and in a third-world country around mediocre trainers and could barely afford to eat.  It makes sense for his emergence to have happened now, since he didn't start training with Freddie Roach until 2001 (and obviously it takes time for the trainer and the boxer to really get in the groove, plus Manny would learn a new skill set while trying to "un-learn" bad things he was taught or picked up on his own) and when he was making enough not just to live decently but to bring on a physical trainer and nutritionist like Alex Ariza.  Besides, it's not like 10-15 years ago, people were looking at the Philippines for up-and-coming boxers, so of course there was no buzz about him.

Yup it is.  Because one if unchecked can be extremely dangerous for a fight. 
Maybe... but this is how I look at it.

Check De La Hoya-Vargas from 2002.  Vargas was favored to win and had come off of some solid wins (though he lost to Trinidad a few fights prior, but De La Hoya did too, so that more or less cancels it out), as people were thinking De La Hoya might be on a decline, but what happened?  De La Hoya beat his ass and got the TKO victory in the eleventh round, and they found steroids in Vargas's system.  But in the end, it was De La Hoya whose hand was raised, while Vargas had blood leaking from the side of his face and was wobbled in the 10th (saved by the bell) then put on his ass and TKO'd in the 11th, all with steroids in his system.  De La Hoya still fucked him up.  Why can't boxers be Gs and just fight?  It's not like they don't test for PEDs at all.

Just my opinion.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2011, 09:53:52 AM »
The fine for Mayweather coming in overweight is irrelevant, since all it does is reinforce the same limit as before.  Did they change the 147 pound welterweight limit?  No.  They just put a bigger penalty if Floyd comes in overweight.  Why?  Because he had come in two pounds over the contracted weight before against Marquez, so he has a documented history of not meeting weight (albeit at a catchweight).  But coming in at 147 isn't hard for Mayweather, so it's no more of a concern than it would be if the penalty weren't there.  They're not making him have to do anything extra.

First off, let me say that I wish Manny would've just taken the tests in the beginning to get it over with, but that aside, it was an additional physical hurdle that Manny would have to go through, one that is neither required nor necessary.  Are blood tests good for the sport?  Sure, I'm not against them.  But if he doesn't want to do them, then he doesn't want to do them.  But he agreed to anyway, then Mayweather kept changing his stance.  Let's not forget...

First round of negoations: Floyd wants blood tests, Manny says no, Floyd allows 14-day cutoff, Manny allows 24-day cutoff (which was when he was blood tested before the Hatton match)... no dice, Manny fights Clottey, Floyd fights Mosley (though we later find out that their last blood tests were 18 days before the fight)
Second round: Manny agrees to original 14-day cutoff, Floyd wants testing up to the fight... no dice, Manny fights Margarito
Third round: Manny (allegedly) agrees to testing up to the fight (though Michael Koncz said in 24/7 that it was a 7-day cutoff), Floyd still wants testing up to the fight... no dice, Manny fights Mosley
Fourth round (kind of): Manny agrees to testing up to the fight, though they want to use the WADA (since the USADA can't conduct tests in the Philippines where Manny trains), but Floyd wants the USADA to exclusively conduct the tests and supposedly even wants Manny to train exclusively in the U.S. as a result (though I think it was more his team who said it)

Some fault lies with both of them, but Floyd is the one who keeps changing his demands after Manny agrees.

And all this bullshit is why mma is winning. Boxers are treated like divas and can do whatever they want, hence these fights never happen when they should.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2011, 03:58:51 PM »
All I'll say is, I can't wait to see Pacquaio knock Mayweather's head off and put him in his place IF the fight does go ahead. Mayweather stays running though.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2011, 11:26:01 PM »
All I'll say is, I can't wait to see Pacquaio knock Mayweather's head off and put him in his place IF the fight does go ahead. Mayweather stays running though.
As much as I'd love to see that happen, I don't know if that would be the outcome.  But at least we'll probably see that happen against Marquez in November.  I've made it clear that I'm a Manny fan, but if this fight happens to go the distance, then I'll be worried about the rest of Manny's boxing career... unless Marquez breaks the record for getting knocked down in a single fight in the process.