Author Topic: Soopafly - Best Kept Secret Album review  (Read 1796 times)

KrazySumwhat

Re: Soopafly - Best Kept Secret Album review
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2011, 07:49:11 AM »
 yeah my copy had the booklet sighed too ;)
 Anyway, i have gave the cd two listens. I'd say 7/10 i donty any songs were shit, no way did any song deserve such a low rating but at the same time i dont any song deserved a perfect 10.
 Just my opinion. Good album no doubt but kinda lacks something. I think it needed an Snoop verse and/or a Lotoyia hook BUT it is a solo album after all.
 Definitely liking it.   

Oh and i loved the Damiani and bad lucc features ;p

Will_B

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2011, 11:12:54 AM »
02. Ahead Of Ours (feat. Daz)
Produced by Daz & Soopafly

This song gets the album off to kind of a slow start.  It's more of a darker beat.  Soopafly goes hard on the beat, but he doesn't use his normal bitch checking flow and instead used the G-Funk martian alien voice echo in the background as he raps.  The Jamaican guy on here kind of sucks.  Prince Ital Joe would've been so much better on here, but of course, that isn't possible anymore.  Daz's chorus is actually pretty good on this, he raps with a lot of energy, which is good.  He's better that way; instead of his laid back high as hell voice which he uses a lot.  This first song on an album should get a person hyped up for the rest of the album in my opinion, and this song doesn't really do that for me.  Nothing memorable in the way of lyrics either.  Average song, 5/10.

Best track on the album 8.5/10

The hook is Soopafly, not just 'some Jamaican guy' lol

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2011, 04:04:46 PM »
still have not heard this cause dummy signed the cellophane lol. someone wanna pm me a link??

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2012, 03:28:18 PM »
 Fly's verses are OK, he barely checks a bitch at all in this song, only saying if he tells a hoe he loves her, he's faking it. This song should not have been on the album at all.  1/10  

CLASSIC QUOTE