Author Topic: Week 1 NFL Regular Season Official Thread  (Read 406 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Week 1 NFL Regular Season Official Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 06:24:50 PM »
^ Haha. Reading that makes me feel a bit better about the Titans loss yesterday  ;D

how bad is it looking for the Titans?
Honestly, I'm not overly concerned yet. The lack of OTA's and an overall off-season was very evident for us through three quarters; a team with an entire new coaching staff (head coach, offensive and defensive coordinators and just about every position coach) and new QB. Not to mention our best play maker Chris Johnson has had virtually one week to learn the new offense. The offense was horrendous through three quarters; it was evident they're still gelling. But they really got it together in the fourth quarter; unfortunately it was too little too late, yet they almost stole the victory in the last minute of the game.

The defense was bullied around on the Jags first drive of the game but they really got it together. The fact that the Jags held the ball for 40 mins of this game (we couldn't move the ball AT ALL on offense) and only scored 16 points is a positive sign.

This team will get better as the season goes on. I foresee a solid 3-5 win streak somewhere in the middle. They should be in the thick of the playoff race 'til the very end.

And I expect to start 0-2 (play the Ravens next week). Still, I won't be overly concerned with 0-2. However, A loss week three to Denver to go 0-3 would really concern the fuck outta me lol.

That's not too serious.  But it is cause for concern since they play the Ravens next week.  Sometimes good teams run into bad luck at the beginning of the year, and then never recover in time for the playoffs.  Like look at the Chargers last year, for example.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2011, 06:49:21 PM »
^ Haha. Reading that makes me feel a bit better about the Titans loss yesterday  ;D

Honestly, I'm not overly concerned yet. The lack of OTA's and an overall off-season was very evident for us through three quarters; a team with an entire new coaching staff (head coach, offensive and defensive coordinators and just about every position coach) and new QB. Not to mention our best play maker Chris Johnson has had virtually one week to learn the new offense. The offense was horrendous through three quarters; it was evident they're still gelling. But they really got it together in the fourth quarter; unfortunately it was too little too late, yet they almost stole the victory in the last minute of the game.

The defense was bullied around on the Jags first drive of the game but they really got it together. The fact that the Jags held the ball for 40 mins of this game (we couldn't move the ball AT ALL on offense) and only scored 16 points is a positive sign.

This team will get better as the season goes on. I foresee a solid 3-5 win streak somewhere in the middle. They should be in the thick of the playoff race 'til the very end.

And I expect to start 0-2 (play the Ravens next week). Still, I won't be overly concerned with 0-2. However, A loss week three to Denver to go 0-3 would really concern the fuck outta me lol.

That's not too serious.  But it is cause for concern since they play the Ravens next week.  Sometimes good teams run into bad luck at the beginning of the year, and then never recover in time for the playoffs.  Like look at the Chargers last year, for example.

The Chargers, last year, were not a better team than the Chiefs, or the Raiders for that matter. This year it will be bbetween them and Oakland. KC is done and Denver isn't ready yet.In general the Chargers are as over rated as their QB is. Marty had them at a bonehead INT away from a Superbowl in 06, but since Norv got there they haven't been all that amazing.                         

Lunatic

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 07:27:34 PM »

0-2 still won't overly concern me. Nobody is gonna' win more than 10 games in our division. Like I said, 0-3 would be scary. Hopefully we put up a fight vs. the Ravens. CJ is gonna be more involved.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 08:22:43 PM »
Raiders win the West.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2011, 11:08:14 PM »

0-2 still won't overly concern me. Nobody is gonna' win more than 10 games in our division. Like I said, 0-3 would be scary. Hopefully we put up a fight vs. the Ravens. CJ is gonna be more involved.

yall wont beat the ravens but if yall do it will be a significant win and show that your offense can hang with a tough defense... i know your a big Titans fan but i dont see them doing too good this year bro
The West is Back

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2011, 11:28:47 PM »
just to recap this week

Dallas losing to Jets (if your a Dallas fan) Dallas really needed this game to prove that we are now an elite team but since Tony Romo choked as always we need to get Kim Kardashian as our Quaterback cus she never chokes when she has brown balls in her hands  :laugh: but on a serious note... we need to get rid of Romo... but overall good victory for the Jets even though our Dallas's D really showed up

Steelers losing to Ravens...
the Raven's have only been getting better every year... and it was good to see the Steelers finally take an L... im so tired of them winning all the time but losing the way they did was very unexpected...

NO vs GB
great game by both great teams... the whole NFC South has decent teams but all took L's the first week

Houston vs Ind
I think even if Peyton did play this game that Houston still could of pulled the W but too bad Colts have old ass Collins who wont do shit all season and leave Peyton in a big mess when he comes back... Colts are out of the question for this year

Philli is definently going to be a top 5 team this year hands down...

the Pats are going to go far this year especially the way Brady is playing and the team they have around them... i mean imagine how hard its going to be to cover a TE that plays like a WR like Hernandez does

Chargers could take the AFC West i still need to see more from Oakland till i claim they can be top of the Division... to say Rivers is over rated is kind of stupid he has always been a decent QB but the AFC West still doesnt have much to offer in that division as of yet besides the Chargers

San Fran is taking NFC West but i'll never underestimate the Cardinals...

last but not least Inifinite your Chiefs arent going anywhere this season and i dont see the Titans going too far either but good luck... its only the first week to be making decisions like that anyways

The West is Back

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 07:28:13 AM »
Like Geesta and Shallow said.  The Chiefs are done.  The newspaper, local media, and fans here in KC are already saying that this season is going to be a wasted year.   It just sucks to be in week 2, and already having to look towards next season.  But I guess the Colts are going through even worse right now.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2011, 09:50:37 AM »
The road to 16-0 continues!  Raider nation!  COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE!!!

LMAO, typical Raiders fan....i remember more then half the fans didnt even show up to a pre-season game...the bandwagon will only last for so long, hit campbell once and you have no season...

I know there not going 16-0 but it's fun to dream lol

Lunatic

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 12:20:38 PM »

yall wont beat the ravens but if yall do it will be a significant win and show that your offense can hang with a tough defense... i know your a big Titans fan but i dont see them doing too good this year bro
I don't think we will either; it would be a MASSIVE win though. I just don't think our offense is "there" yet. Haha it's all good, I think will surprise as the season goes on.. Or maybe I'm just biased haha.. Will see  ;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2011, 05:29:43 PM »
Like Geesta and Shallow said.  The Chiefs are done.  The newspaper, local media, and fans here in KC are already saying that this season is going to be a wasted year.   It just sucks to be in week 2, and already having to look towards next season.  But I guess the Colts are going through even worse right now.

If I were Scott Pioli I would bend over backwards to try and make a Cassel (and whatever else Indy wants except for JC) for Peyton trade right now. Peyton Manning running an offense with Charles and Bowe and Romeo Crennel running the D would be a superbowl contender for the next 3 years. Fire Haley and make Romeo the interim HC and just leave all offensive duties to Peyton Manning. Or bring in Gruden. A John Gruden Peyton Manning and Romeo Crennel Cheifs will end up with a ring. This year may be a wash but next year would be awesome.

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2011, 11:01:03 AM »
The road to 16-0 continues!  Raider nation!  COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE!!!

LMAO, typical Raiders fan....i remember more then half the fans didnt even show up to a pre-season game...the bandwagon will only last for so long, hit campbell once and you have no season...
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!