Poll

Who would win the most useless member of a rap group award?

Bizarre (D12)
2 (5.7%)
Boy Face (DPG)
7 (20%)
DJ Yella (N.W.A.)
5 (14.3%)
Flesh-N-Bone (BTNH)
2 (5.7%)
Sen Dog (Cypress Hill)
0 (0%)
Sonsee (Onyx)
0 (0%)
Tony Yayo (G-Unit)
10 (28.6%)
U-God (Wu-Tang)
2 (5.7%)
Wish Bone (BTNH)
1 (2.9%)
Other, who?
6 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Who would win the most useless member of a rap group award?  (Read 872 times)

bouli77

Re: Who would win the most useless member of a rap group award?
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2011, 04:05:48 AM »
Yella easily

Yella dj'd at live shows came with some ideas you muthafuccas know Dre don't produce shit by himself

Yella himself said that Dre did most of the work though.
yeah. Yella was good with the drum machine

I don't know much about Yella's involvement in NWA's music but Yella is much more than a mere beatmaker. His later stuff with Ruthless is up there with Dre's best productions.

Okka

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2011, 05:40:44 AM »
I don't know much about Yella's involvement in NWA's music but Yella is much more than a mere beatmaker. His later stuff with Ruthless is up there with Dre's best productions.

DJ Yella: I'm not married, ain't got no kids. I was born and raised in Compton. I'm an original member of NWA and I was here until the end. I'm a producer. I don't play any music instruments except for drums.

http://www.daveyd.com/yella.html

Aftermathmusic.com:
Everyone compares you to Dre and says, in NWA Dre was the musicial brains and you was just the extra pair of hands on the technical side. Is that true?

DJ Yella:
Yeah, I mean, you know … oh yeah. I recorded everything. Me and Dre was all the time in the studio. More than other members.

Aftermathmusic.com:
How much of NWA’s early production was really you and how much did Dre do?

DJ Yella:
Dre definetely did most of it. But we both produced, like in the Wreckin crew. In the Wreckin Dre did half and I did the other half. In the NWA it was more Dre and a group thang, too.

http://www.aftermathmusic.com/blog/interviews/2003/dj-yella-october-2003/

bouli77

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2011, 06:24:46 AM »
He simply says that Dre had more input than him, which I did not deny. but he also says he stayed in the studio more than the other NWA members, which also show that he was definitely not useless. anyway i just wanted to say that Yella isn't your average beatmaker and has stripes that he earned after Dre left Ruthless.