Author Topic: "Tha Doggumentary" revised 03/23/2011  (Read 495 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

"Tha Doggumentary" revised 03/23/2011
« on: September 23, 2011, 02:22:17 PM »

like most hip hop albums nowadays tha album was missing the dj (and the right executive producer/label heads).  it would've been more "solid" if cuz had released it like this:

01 - My Own Way

featuring Mr. Porter
Produced by Mr. Porter
Interlude Produced by Fredwreck
Outro by DJ Pooh

02 - Wonder What It Do
featuring Uncle Chucc
Produced by DJ Battlecat

03 - Peer Pressure

featuring Traci Nelson
Produced by Fredwreck

04 - Platinum
featuring R. Kelly
Produced by Lex Luger

05 - Wet (Remix)

Produced by David Guetta, Giorgio Tuinfort, and Fred Riesterer

06 - We Rest In Cali

featuring Goldie Loc & Bootsy Collins
Produced by Mr. Porter

07 - El Lay

featuring Marty James
Produced by Scoop DeVille
Outro by Tray Deee

08 - Gangbang Rookie

featuring Pilot
Produced by Jake One
Intro/Outro by Larry King

09 - The Weed Iz Mine

featuring LaToiya Williams & Wiz Khalifa
Produced by Scoop DeVille

10 - Superman

featuring Willie Nelson
Produced by Willie Nelson (Guitar) and Mickey Raphael (Harmonica)

11 - It'z D Only Thang

Produced by David Banner
Co-produced by THX

12 - Cold Game
featuring LaToiya Williams & Bad Lucc
Produced by Rick Rude

just makes sense when u listen to it.  too much in the way of it making it a good album (just like "Tha Carter IV" for example).  

« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 01:35:16 AM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Jimmy H.

Re: "Tha Doggumentary" revised 03/23/2011
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 02:44:10 PM »
Uh no. I would agree they could have trimmed some fat but your version is nowhere near an improvement on the concept.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 02:49:11 PM »
Uh no. I would agree they could have trimmed some fat but your version is nowhere near an improvement on the concept.

u were thinking the same thing i was thinking.  shit, i just trimt tha list down to 12 just now.  now of course there's no way to have known whether it would've been a hit then but if he'd just released the original version of the song as a single digitally then it could've happened so it could've happened. 

me personally i didn't really like "wet" except for the second part of the song (it was ight) but them white folks ate it up and even some of tha youngin'z liked it. 

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 02:55:40 PM »
Missing the DJ?

kemizt

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 03:36:34 PM »
this is how "Tha Carter IV" shoulda went:

01 - Interlude
02 - John
03 - She Will
04 - Mirror
05 - President Carter
06 - How To Love
07 - It's Good
08 - How To Hate
09 - Abortion
10 - Nightmares Of The Bottom
11 - Blunt Blowin'
12 - So Special
13 - 6 Foot 7 Foot
14 - Outro

- Megaman (street single aka "6 Foot 7 Foot Part II")
 - Two Shots (mixtapes)
 - I Like The View (later mixtapes)
 - Intro (keep this shit locked up in a vault somewhere hidden and never heard again)

tha way they threw that album out there like that was disgusting and deserved tha feedback that it good  :puke:.  they treated that album like a piece of shit i felt like.  
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 03:38:27 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

HighEyeCue

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 03:58:04 PM »

01 - Interlude
02 - John
03 - She Will
04 - Mirror
05 - President Carter
06 - How To Love
07 - It's Good
08 - How To Hate
09 - Abortion
11 - Blunt Blowin'
12 - So Special
13 - 6 Foot 7 Foot
14 - Outro

- Two Shots (mixtapes)
 - Intro (keep this shit locked up in a vault somewhere hidden and never heard again)

tha way they threw that album out there like that was disgusting and deserved tha feedback that it good  :puke:.  they treated that album like a piece of shit i felt like.  

I agree the album is pretty weak the way they put it out there

but it did sell a million its first week and is still selling so the feedback must be pretty good

Jimmy H.

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 04:17:27 PM »
u were thinking the same thing i was thinking.  shit, i just trimt tha list down to 12 just now.  now of course there's no way to have known whether it would've been a hit then but if he'd just released the original version of the song as a single digitally then it could've happened so it could've happened. 

me personally i didn't really like "wet" except for the second part of the song (it was ight) but them white folks ate it up and even some of tha youngin'z liked it. 
Not the exact same thing but similiar. I agree that the album could use some tightening but where we drastically differeniate is in the execution. You take it down to twelve tracks and include a number of them that I don't feel fit. I think Snoop's biggest problem in albums, outside of Doggystyle, is that he overflows them. "Top Dogg", for example, has some really excellent tracks but it doesn't have the flow of a solid album. It has the pieces of what could be a great project but it never quite touches home. "Last Meal" is probably the closest album to just getting it right. It has for the most part, a very cohesive feel to the music. Snoop always seem to be that dude to put 21 tracks on an album but it's not always neccesary.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 05:36:42 PM »
Not the exact same thing but similiar. I agree that the album could use some tightening but where we drastically differeniate is in the execution. You take it down to twelve tracks and include a number of them that I don't feel fit. I think Snoop's biggest problem in albums, outside of Doggystyle, is that he overflows them.

"Top Dogg", for example, has some really excellent tracks but it doesn't have the flow of a solid album. It has the pieces of what could be a great project but it never quite touches home. "Last Meal" is probably the closest album to just getting it right. It has for the most part, a very cohesive feel to the music.

Snoop always seem to be that dude to put 21 tracks on an album but it's not always neccesary.

so in other words you agree.  you just want everybody to know that u can think for yourself and that you're not a follower.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 05:38:21 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 06:11:18 PM »
Agreeing is not the same as following. Agreeing is recognizing that you share a similiar view with someone. Following is co-signing because you don't have a strong enough opinion of your own.

I assume the point of your thread is to showcase what you consider to be a better version of "Doggumentary" than the one they put out. In which case, I think you're off substantially. You haven't improved it on it. You've just modified it to make it less tracks. I'm agreeing with you in the sense that Snoop could have cut some tracks from the final album but that's about where it ends. 

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 12:51:19 AM »
so in other words u agree.  and i did improve on em, u just got too much hate in your blood to realize the beauty of it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 01:39:57 AM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 01:50:23 AM »
It's never a hate thing. I can put an opinion out there on something without that kind of emotion attached. You tried something and it didn't work. Props to you for the effort but don't be so sensitive to feedback that it's suddenly something different. If you can come in and say Snoop's shit is wrong and attempt to "correct" it, why is it hating when I tell you your shit is wrong?

I mean, I don't really where you want to take it. Is your self-esteem in such dire shape that you need to feel I agree with you, just to give it a boost? Or are you just not able to comprehend how I can agree with some of what you say and not the majority? I'm not trying to SHIT on you here. It's natural for you to feel your work is an improvement. It's your work. However, my opinion is the same. Get mad or keep it moving.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 03:03:59 PM »

01 - Interlude
02 - John
03 - She Will
04 - Mirror
05 - President Carter
06 - How To Love
07 - It's Good
08 - How To Hate
09 - Abortion
11 - Blunt Blowin'
12 - So Special
13 - 6 Foot 7 Foot
14 - Outro

- Two Shots (mixtapes)

I agree the album is pretty weak the way they put it out there

but it did sell a million its first week and is still selling so the feedback must be pretty good

i'm just talking about how more people came out this time verses last time saying it was weak.  it's not weak it just sounds like ass the way they put it together (or didn't put it together).  when u hear "Tha Carter IV" like this you hear that it's a beautiful album and it's pretty mature.  You hear why Wayne has a following and why people love Wayne the way they do.  I'm not saying he reinvented the wheel of music but then again he kinda did becuz it's original and it doesn't sound like a regular album (it's pretty diverse).  u can hear the evolution in it this way tha other way u can't, it just sounds like abuncha tunes thrown together like it's a worldwide mixtape.

and pretty much tha same thing with "Tha Doggumentary", too many fillers got in tha way of it's glory and it was cliche' and overkill.  besides he pretty much leaked the album way ahead of time so it woulda been cool to trim it down and make it tha shit so we can appreciate the album it's self more later on down the line.  ya'll be clownin on those fake tracklists but u c how many active ingredients go into good albums, it takes alota souls hands ears and voices.

i'm not tryna be funny here but this really is the official way to listen to and digest "Tha Carter IV" and "Tha Doggumentary".  any other way just takes away from it and only hurts tha piece.  #payattention
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:11:46 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Matty

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 06:53:17 PM »
you should drop a new detox tracklist for the people, its been too long

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 08:28:45 AM »
Can't take this seriously when you propose to make the best track on the album, Take You Home, an unreleased leftover.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 08:46:24 AM »
''take u home'' was more nostalgia than quality