Author Topic: I'm going to be in New York for a few days, wanna check some hiphop hist.  (Read 4484 times)

goRaiders

• Lil Geezy
Re: I'm going to be in New York for a few days, wanna check some hiphop hist.
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2011, 02:05:18 AM »
the bay area > ny
Your raps all lazy, Jigga the Black Scorcese
What your album lacks is more Jay-Z

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2011, 08:14:28 AM »
I'm not talking weather. I'm talking the city itself.

Lol how can the weather not be part of the city, the reason ppl love LA so much is because of he weather, I been traveling, Nd the weather is a huge factor in ur enjoyment when visiting.

LA Is not like NYC or any other east last metropolis, it's spread out u can't travel by public transportation, but is much more relaxed there, texas reminds me of LA cuz of everything so spread apart.

NYC is nice beacause there's almost never a dull moment, and I'm talking about manhattan. I don't mind going there n the winter because us LA heads never get to see it snowing in he city. And plus u can never get a DUI bcuz the public transit system is so good.

But NYC and pretty much the rest of the east coast has horrible summer weather just like Asia.

But Downtown LA is whack compared to other cities throughout the world, and NYC looks much better when u talk about buildings in LA I don't know bout frisco thouh their city is really nice

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2011, 12:56:10 PM »
lmfao infinite is the wigger prototype.

goRaiders

• Lil Geezy

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2011, 01:05:27 AM »
Classic East Coast albums I will be bumping for the first time during my trip to New York...

Mob Deep - Infamous
Main Source-  Breaking Atoms
Tribe Called Quest- Midnight Mauraders

...On my first trip to New York back in 2,000, I got into Nas Illmatic album for the first time.  The plane ride to New York opened my senses, that had long been dulled by the provincial perspective of rap fans in Kansas City.  Suddenly tracks like "New York State Of Mind" were like revelation to me, and forever changed my personal tastes in art and music.

The three albums I've mentioned above are all iconic East Coast albums.  Albums I've considered getting into in the past, but the sobriety of Kansas City life has never provided me the impetus.  But what better way to finally get into these classic East Coast albums then a trip to New York and a stroll through Queensbridge!

The three albums I mentioned above are all cut from the same cloth as Illmatic.  I've read that Mob Deep's Infamous album was heavily influenced by Illmatics plus degrees, and it could be argued that Main Source Breaking Atoms and Tribe's Midnight Mauraders are the parents of Nas Illmatic and Mob Deeps Infamous albums.  The characters invovled in creating these albums are all linked by Q-Boro network reps Large Professor and Q-Tip, who played mentor to Nas and Mob Deep and released classic East Coast albums of their own.

...Should make for an pleasantly nostalgic yet formative listening experience for hiphop fan from the midwest.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:09:53 AM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2011, 04:14:15 AM »
Classic East Coast albums I will be bumping for the first time during my trip to New York...

Mob Deep - Infamous

...On my first trip to New York back in 2,000, I got into Nas Illmatic album for the first time.  The plane ride to New York opened my senses, that had long been dulled by the provincial perspective of rap fans in Kansas City.  Suddenly tracks like "New York State Of Mind" were like revelation to me, and forever changed my personal tastes in art and music.

The three albums I've mentioned above are all iconic East Coast albums.  Albums I've considered getting into in the past, but the sobriety of Kansas City life has never provided me the impetus.

But what better way to finally get into these classic East Coast albums then a trip to New York and a stroll through Queensbridge!

The three albums I mentioned above are all cut from the same cloth as Illmatic.  

I've read that Mob Deep's Infamous album was heavily influenced by Illmatics plus degrees, and it could be argued that Main Source Breaking Atoms and Tribe's Midnight Mauraders are the parents of Nas Illmatic and Mob Deeps Infamous albums.

The characters invovled in creating these albums are all linked by Q-Boro network reps Large Professor and Q-Tip, who played mentor to Nas and Mob Deep and released classic East Coast albums of their own.

Should make for an pleasantly nostalgic yet formative listening experience for hiphop fan from the midwest.

You haven't heard "The Infamous"? That's crazy.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2011, 04:34:30 AM »

Mob Deep - Infamous

The three albums I've mentioned above are all iconic East Coast albums.  Albums I've considered getting into in the past, but the sobriety of Kansas City life has never provided me the impetus.

But what better way to finally get into these classic East Coast albums then a trip to New York and a stroll through Queensbridge!

The three albums I mentioned above are all cut from the same cloth as Illmatic.  

I've read that Mob Deep's Infamous album was heavily influenced by Illmatics plus degrees, and it could be argued that Main Source Breaking Atoms and Tribe's Midnight Mauraders are the parents of Nas Illmatic and Mob Deeps Infamous albums.

The characters invovled in creating these albums are all linked by Q-Boro network reps Large Professor and Q-Tip, who played mentor to Nas and Mob Deep and released classic East Coast albums of their own.

Should make for an pleasantly nostalgic yet formative listening experience for hiphop fan from the midwest.

You haven't heard "The Infamous"? That's crazy.

took the words straight out of my mouth...you cant really call yourself a hip hop fan if youve never bumped any of these albums, although ill give you some leeway as "you are 1996", and these were released a bit earlier

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2011, 06:22:53 AM »

took the words straight out of my mouth...you cant really call yourself a hip hop fan if youve never bumped any of these albums, although ill give you some leeway as "you are 1996", and these were released a bit earlier

there's a time and place for everything.   I may not have bumped those albums yet, but they will get plenty of play during my trip to New York, and it's likely that by waiting to give them their first listen during a trip to New York I will end up appreciating them more than any of you ever did.  It's better for me to be able to attach it to some positive memories and a more conducive environment then I have here in KC.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2011, 06:37:37 AM »
You have mental health issues

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2011, 07:04:27 AM »

there's a time and place for everything.   I may not have bumped those albums yet, but they will get plenty of play during my trip to New York, and it's likely that by waiting to give them their first listen during a trip to New York I will end up appreciating them more than any of you ever did.  It's better for me to be able to attach it to some positive memories and a more conducive environment then I have here in KC.

You have mental health issues

Just about sums it up

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Okka

« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2011, 07:39:40 AM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2011, 08:38:26 AM »
This guy truly believes bumping classic New York albums in New York makes it a better album.

Doggystyle wouldn't sound "more classic" to me if I took a trip to California lol.

when it rains it pours

« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2011, 09:25:36 AM »
im gonna bump some shakira if i ever go out to Columbia, it will make me appreciate her ass more.

Also brian make sure u wear some timbos when ur bumping them albums because that will enhance your listening experience.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2011, 03:05:05 PM »

Mob Deep - Infamous

The three albums I've mentioned above are all iconic East Coast albums.  Albums I've considered getting into in the past, but the sobriety of Kansas City life has never provided me the impetus.  But what better way to finally get into these classic East Coast albums then a trip to New York and a stroll through Queensbridge!

The three albums I mentioned above are all cut from the same cloth as Illmatic.  I've read that Mob Deep's Infamous album was heavily influenced by Illmatics plus degrees, and it could be argued that Main Source Breaking Atoms and Tribe's Midnight Mauraders are the parents of Nas Illmatic and Mob Deeps Infamous albums.  The characters invovled in creating these albums are all linked by Q-Boro network reps Large Professor and Q-Tip, who played mentor to Nas and Mob Deep and released classic East Coast albums of their own.

...Should make for an pleasantly nostalgic yet formative listening experience for hiphop fan from the midwest.

what about Reasonable Doubt? It's 1996. And you are 1996. If you put aside your prejudices you would love that album. Maybe the reason you don't like Jay-Z is because you've never listened to him in New York before. Try it, it could change your entire listening experience.

goRaiders

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2011, 03:16:54 PM »

Mob Deep - Infamous

what about Reasonable Doubt? It's 1996. And you are 1996. If you put aside your prejudices you would love that album. Maybe the reason you don't like Jay-Z is because you've never listened to him in New York before. Try it, it could change your entire listening experience.

nigga has a point