Author Topic: shame Nate Dogg threw away his talent on nonsense  (Read 1302 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

shame Nate Dogg threw away his talent on nonsense
« on: October 02, 2011, 03:28:28 PM »
90percent of his musical catalogue is about -- balls, hoes, dicks, bitches, nuts, cum-swallowing etc etc etc just ignorant braindead nonsense  :grumpy:
u figurd duke should be like the mature/wise man out the bunch, since he was like the oldest guy in the dogg pound ,,,
amazin talent wit a 1-of-a-kind voice, but i wish he wouldve evolved his artistic integrity a bit n steppd up his pengame.

wit tha bein said, really lookin forward to the new Nate dogg EP

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: shame Nate Dogg threw away his talent on nonsense
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 04:02:52 PM »
I kinda feel the same way!... dude was talented but was saying bullshit... although his hooks were catchy, the lyrics were too explicit..he could have been on the same level as Luther Vandross or Mr.Biggs but oh well Dogg Pound Gangsta to the fullest right?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 04:05:19 PM »
Nate Dogg's whole niche was that he would say foul shit but with this powerful crooner's voice. It worked. That was what made Nate Dogg memorable. He had plenty of soulful, mature shit in his catalog too.

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 04:11:40 PM »
He had plenty of soulful, mature shit in his catalog too.

not really

goRaiders

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 04:18:21 PM »
didnt he do heroin 2?
Your raps all lazy, Jigga the Black Scorcese
What your album lacks is more Jay-Z

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 04:30:38 PM »

not really

Have you listened to his solo stuff? Plenty of meaningful music in there.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 04:37:56 PM »

not really

G Funk Classics 1 and 2 had a lot more content than you're giving him credit for

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 04:48:42 PM »

not really

Have you listened to his solo stuff? Plenty of meaningful music in there.

i have every Nate Dogg-song, and 90percent of his catalgoue is about tedious nonsense/bullshit (content-wise
even his albums were filled wit crap-lyrics. maybe 15 "meaningful" songs at the most in his career

its a shame really  
but Nate Dogg will always be rememberd as that "hoes in diffrent area codes"-dude  :-X

like Hercy said, Nate couldve been like a Luther Vandross or Ron Isley-figure if he got his shit together. or like a new Charlie Wison

Jimmy H.

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 06:10:20 PM »
But what you're failing to see was that was his niche. That's why we are talking about him right now. Yes, he could have been "another Charlie Wilson" or he could be "the one and only Nate Dogg". He did that kind of music because he wanted to. It ain't throwing away his talent. He built a legacy on that.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 06:30:06 PM »
Nate Dogg's whole niche was that he would say foul shit but with this powerful crooner's voice. It worked. That was what made Nate Dogg memorable. He had plenty of soulful, mature shit in his catalog too.

he was the first artist I ever heard to perfect that style

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 08:11:39 PM »
he has only 3 or 4 good songs
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 08:51:12 PM »
Nate Dogg was the first OG to Sing Gangsta shit with an R&B twist! That being said, Instead of rapping about all that " balls, hoes, dicks, bitches, nuts, cum-swallowing etc etc " shit like you said, he sung about it and it worked for him. His sound, his voice is unique and No one can do better, period!
If it wasnt for Nate, there would be no T-pain, Akon or any other R&B Singer singing trying to do it like nate with a gangsta twist. And dont act like you dont like it cuz you do give tribute with your DPGC Legacy cuz thats what they rap about with that balls, hoes, dicks, bitches, nuts, cum-swallowing etc shit.
R.I.P. Nate Dogg.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 08:53:27 PM by 187_skillz »
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 09:11:04 PM »

not really

maybe you've heard just a couple of his songs, the collaborations are different from his "solo" songs.
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 09:39:46 PM »
nate was great when it came to them hooks a legend fo shoulders. but i mean blowfly shit was hella raunchy and gangsta got down with that before nate even got on, hell indo smoke beat comes from a blowfly record! Also nate's tenor is lou rawls (rip) shit. he may not sang about hoes and all that shit but look at how nate sang that shit is muthafucc'n lou rawls influenced like a muthafucca! g-funk p-funk etc. And can we not forget mix master spade rip. and lets not forget the singing on i rather fucc you on the nwa album.

All i ever say about this shit is stop acting like equals ain't do this shit before nate, he's great but respect the others yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

jaytee

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 10:08:59 PM »
I have nothing but love for Nate, but I would not put him in the class of singers as Luther Vandross, Ronald Isley or Charlie Wilson.  

I do agree in that I wish he would have expanded his subject matter a little more.  Prior his death, I always wondered if Nate would ever go back to his Gospel roots after his Hip-Hop career was over.  I felt that he could have made a huge impact with it.  He actually did want to make a Gospel record, but then he had a stroke.  I'm hoping that material comes out in some form eventually, but who knows if we'll ever hear it.

Everybody loved Nate Dogg and what he could add to a record.  He was the difference between what was an OK song and a certified hit.  Even my parents were fans.  However, they're more familiar with the radio edits than the album version.  If Nate was still around, maybe he would have tried new things.  He had a true gift that touched many and I think that he could have applied himself in different ways and still had success.  With the way that music has changed since he last performed, I feel that he pretty much would have had to be open to trying new things.