Author Topic: The Official Gilbere Forte "Some Dreams Never Sleep" (FreEP) Discussion Thread  (Read 87 times)

Lunatic

This is a free release from Gilbere Forte
Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?f2m9z1a13mc48mu

1. Black Soul (feat. Big K.R.I.T.)
2. Most High (Feat. Droop-E & Casey Veggies)
3. Burn Me Down (feat. Tyga)
4. Poppin' Bottles (feat. Get Busy Committee)
5. Hot (In This Bitch) (feat. Pusha T & Jim Jones)
6. Eternal
7. Blackin' Out with Maluca
8. I Be (On My Chill)
9. Black Chukkas (Remix) (feat. Bun B & Asher Roth)
10. Feel Alive (feat. Brian Underwood)
11. Hello (feat. The Kickdrums)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
Downloaded and waiting in my playlist. Hello is mad addictive and I hope the rest is as well

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Lunatic

I figure some of those features might make some of y'all check this out.. And u should.. You'll realize Gilbere is dope himself..

1. Black Soul - 4.5/5. Gilbere is dope as fuck on this. The beat is GREAT and of course Krit is phenomenal as always.
2. Most High - 4.25/5 This has a tight vibe. The hook is ill as fuck. Fits the beat well. The ever so buzzing Casey Veggies on here too. Didn't expect to see Droop-E, that's cool.
3. Burn Me Down - 4/5. This beat is right. Gilbere spittin and flowin real nice. Tyga sounds dope as fuck on this too.
4. Poppin' Bottles - 4/5. Interesting sample, would work on radio for sure with the right push. This is pretty tight.

5. Hot (In This Bitch) - 4/5/5. Sounds like Pharrell in the beginning, its dope. Beat is sick too. Jim Jones sounds good on it. Pusha T kills it of course. Lovin Gilbere on here too.
6. Eternal - 3.5/5 This shows a different side of Gilbere. Not sure who's singing the hook, but they've got talent. It's an alright track showcasing a different side of Gilbere.
7. Blackin' Out - 3/5. This is some really outside the box shit as well.  Not really my style but it's cool Gilbere has this in him (and a good sign for his career potential).
8. I Be (On My Chill) - 3.5/5. Again, some outside the box stuff. Not my vibe but this one is better than the last two.

9. Black Chukkas Remix - 4.5/5. Back to the hip-hop shit. This is ill as hell. Bun B destroys this. I love this shit.
10. Feel Alive - 4.5/5. This is on some dope meaningful shit. Also shows another side of Gilbere. This is ill.
11. Hello - 4/5. This has a big feel to it. The hook is dope. This has a very single feel to it. Reminds me of Lupe's "Superstar" almost. Has that kind of vibe.

Gilbere is a very versatile artist and this EP showcases all of his sides. You have tracks like "Black Chukkas" and "Hot In This Bitch" that show case a very catchy hip-hop side with a dope overall vibe. You also get "Black Soul" which is more soulful and "Feel Alive" which is deep and meaningful. And then he surprises you with "Eternal" and "Blackin Out" which unveils a totally left field style as well.

Gilbere can do it all and he show cased this in a short 11 track EP.

I like his potential going forward.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Downloading now, thanks Luna

Lunatic

Downloading now, thanks Luna
No problem  ;)