Author Topic: Slaughterhouse - The Illest  (Read 478 times)

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Slaughterhouse - The Illest
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 04:58:20 PM »
A lot of the beats on the first Slaughterhouse LP were dull as fuck. It kinda stopped me enjoying it at times. I know the reason why though, they're obviously looking for beats that give focus more to their voice and lyrics, rather than looking for a beat just because it sounds good. Thats fine - I just wish Slaughterhouse would try different angles and ideas. Its great to hear, but they seem to just do the same song again and again. Not that thats rubbish - a lot of artists find their niche and just stick with it. It works. But I feel like between those 4 (or at least 3, leaving the numbskull Budden crying in a corner) they can come up with some much better shit.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 05:21:01 PM »
^^^ They've all said this album has a lot more content and Em helped bring that out in them. This truck is obviously something they threw out there to build off the buzz from the BET Cypher, shit is dope though, Joells flow is ill

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 05:37:10 PM »
^^^ They've all said this album has a lot more content and Em helped bring that out in them. This truck is obviously something they threw out there to build off the buzz from the BET Cypher, shit is dope though, Joells flow is ill

good news for me, then, because more content is all i'm asking for.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 10:04:13 PM »

good news for me, then, because more content is all i'm asking for.

Not arguing with you there

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 12:19:22 PM »
it's cool but I'm sure they have access to much better beats than this one which is nothing special
They do, that's why this is a throwaway. It's a dope throwaway though.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 06:38:39 PM »
i dont think this record will equate the buzz they were hoping to get, with the shady 2.0 cipher promo