Author Topic: Should I Buy These? (Cee-Lo and Clipse)  (Read 312 times)

Kaidy

Should I Buy These? (Cee-Lo and Clipse)
« on: January 23, 2003, 07:04:34 PM »
What are your opinions on these two albums?

I haven't bought a decent rap album in a while, actually since 8 Mile. I'm looking for something original and creative, I'm tired of generic played out crap.

If you could recommend one or two tracks from each I could d/l to preview that'd be much appreciated

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Should I Buy These? (Cee-Lo and Clipse)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2003, 07:13:47 PM »
 Clipse.. I dunno, I dont think they original at all and I dont really like Cee-Lo but his shit is original, so u should give it a listen, then maybe buy it

S.G.V.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2003, 08:15:33 PM »
^^^dont listen to this guy...

The Clipse album is hard...theyre some of the best young talent out right now...they just get hated on cuz of the Neptune affiliation...(and people say i hate commercial shit..lmao)...lots of story tellin...funny rhymes and lots of party music on the cd...id cop it if i was u...

as for the Cee-Lo...that shit was way to 70s Funkadelic throw back for me...

EM28

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2003, 08:22:24 PM »
yeah get the clipse album its pretty tite.

peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2003, 09:04:47 PM »
I haven't heard the Clipse, but the Cee-Lo gets the Trauma stamp of approval.  "Gettin Grown" "Young Man" "Damn" "Basehead Jazz" lots of good songs on there.  

Suga Foot

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2003, 11:27:06 PM »
I just bought clipse the other day and it pretty tite.

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2003, 11:57:59 PM »
Yeah, I bought tha C Lo and I wasn't really down with it... Too much singing and he's on this big ol Soul Brotha trip... he had like 2 songs I thought were cool on tha whole album.

How do you feel about tha whole "Underground" movement type of Rap going around these dayz? I'm down with it.... check out anything from Tha Heiroglyphics Crew... Masta Ace:Disposable Arts... Talib Kweli:Quality... Cali Agents... J5?

Aceyalone... Motion Man:Clearin Tha Feild... People Under Tha Stairs... out of their cd's I'd recommend "Questions In Tha Form Of Answers"... and Blackalicous dropped "Blazin Arrow" last year but their album before that "NIA" was DOPE... J Live, tha SoundBombing cd's are coo'... Quasimoto if you get high and like Turntabalism....  all kinds of shit out homie... I aint really dissapointed with Rap, I'm gonna most likely pick some shit out tomorrow...

Well check out any of this stuff and get at me on IM if you want more... Peace out...

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2003, 12:01:45 AM »
^^^dont listen to this guy...

The Clipse album is hard...theyre some of the best young talent out right now...they just get hated on cuz of the Neptune affiliation...(and people say i hate commercial shit..lmao)...lots of story tellin...funny rhymes and lots of party music on the cd...id cop it if i was u...

as for the Cee-Lo...that shit was way to 70s Funkadelic throw back for me...

HAHAHA... I dont hate em, I juss said they werent original in my opinion... lol @ u tellin people not to listen to me and wantin everybody to listen to u

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2003, 04:56:53 AM »
I haven't heard the Clipse, but the Cee-Lo gets the Trauma stamp of approval.  "Gettin Grown" "Young Man" "Damn" "Basehead Jazz" lots of good songs on there.  

Same here, I might cop Clipse' album in the nr future though, their new single is banging, and "Grindin'" was quite dope too.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

S.G.V.

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2003, 02:11:01 PM »

HAHAHA... I dont hate em, I juss said they werent original in my opinion... lol @ u tellin people not to listen to me and wantin everybody to listen to u
am i gonna have to call smerlus over here?...

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2003, 04:19:41 PM »
LOl sgv ur so immature, is he ur pimp or somethin???  The way u actin, Ima start to think that the bitch in that picture is u... what will smerlus do if u call him ? Talk shit. Man I think ur the dumbest poster ever, tellin people not to listen to me juss because of my opinion and threatin me to call the one pimpin ur bitch ass because u cant talk smartly, u need another 12 years old just startin to pms hoe to talk some dumb shit on the internet. The truth is that ur mad at me cuz u hate 50 Cent and I dont, now u will have to follow me in every post to talk shit because u cant live with the fact that theres not only E40 in this rap game

So Please leave E40's & Smerlu's nuts alone, and grow up a bit, I dont understand why ur a moderator really... when ur probably dumber then anyone in the board

Jome

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2003, 05:00:05 PM »
I would recommend getting Cee-Lo, even if it's not totally my genre, but he's dope no doubt.

The Clipse I would not recommend at all.. the crack-stories has been told before by better artists, and their delivery is boring.
When I hear them rap, I don't pay much attention to their lyrics, because it's funny to listen to their voice-level, it's so monotone that it's funny.
They have a few nice onliners, but their charisma-level isn't high at all..
I guess that's why they have Pharrel on every chorus..

Kaidy

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2003, 06:17:23 PM »
Thanks for all the replies, I'll most likely pick both of those up pretty soon.

Don Chron: Yea I try to stay up on the underground scene. Lyrically a lot of those cats are real good to listen to, but I need to have some polished beats too. It's hard finding a happy medium.
Thanks for that list though, i'll check out those artists. I been meaning to peep the new Talib and the Blackalicious for a minute.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2003, 09:03:06 PM »
Cee-Lo = Near classic

S.G.V.

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2003, 09:12:00 PM »
LOl sgv ur so immature, is he ur pimp or somethin???  The way u actin, Ima start to think that the bitch in that picture is u... what will smerlus do if u call him ? Talk shit. Man I think ur the dumbest poster ever, tellin people not to listen to me juss because of my opinion and threatin me to call the one pimpin ur bitch ass because u cant talk smartly, u need another 12 years old just startin to pms hoe to talk some dumb shit on the internet. The truth is that ur mad at me cuz u hate 50 Cent and I dont, now u will have to follow me in every post to talk shit because u cant live with the fact that theres not only E40 in this rap game

So Please leave E40's & Smerlu's nuts alone, and grow up a bit, I dont understand why ur a moderator really... when ur probably dumber then anyone in the board
hey jackass...its called a joke...calm down...lol @ u...all angry...LMAO...concedid little bitch...and nobody still has never explained how i dickride for E-40...lol...and u call me immature...look at all the name callin in ur little rant...take ur own advice and grow up little boy...