Author Topic: Slim The Mobster - War Music (Download)  (Read 2274 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Slim The Mobster - War Music (Download)
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 03:03:31 PM »
I thought it was good but I can't be on it like that.  Slim is too chill and he reminds me of a nice guy.  But I guess it's only fitting that rick Ross gets involved with hip hop somehow. I'm rootin for him but truthfully the only thing I wanna hear from aftermath is Dre.  Sounds fucked up but it's true. There's definitely some fire on this tape.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 03:36:36 PM »
Best mixtape of 2011, fuck the police!!!!

not saying much but I think Game had a better mixtape

TRG

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2011, 09:56:54 PM »
The quality of the tape isnt too good. Fine to listen too but the early leaks/releases are much better

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 12:24:45 AM »
For a first official mixtape this shit is dope, Slim can only get better and his production values will improve ten fold, looking forward to "The Movie" 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 01:27:06 AM »
falling star reminds me busta's 'decisions', dre prolly had a hand in both beats. you got that chilled piano with the boomy bass to similar effect. and that nice organ sound he uses a lot, like on busta's 'goldmine'. in fact those three tracks work very nicely back to back, maybe throw 'imagine' in there too 8)
i hear what you mean about the sound, but other producers use that too.

Jome

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011, 07:28:06 AM »
I like the music, features & production, but I can't help to think that Bishop Lamont is a far superior rapper to the somewhat bland and average Slim The Mobster.

Slim doesn't really stand out in any way.. neither lyrics, flow, voice or charisma sets him apart from most new rappers..

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011, 07:40:47 AM »
Bishop was a way better rapper (  his voice could be boring at times though) ... too bad things didn't work for him but at least he kept releasing music through street albums ... anyways, only Eminem and fifty ( a fifth and last album with endless pushbacks) will release new albums on the Math ... Slim is another Hittman/ Bishop Lamont

DetoxIsntAMyth

• 'G'
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 07:49:59 AM »
Slim >>>>> Kendrick

Kendrick is overrated imo. His voice is kinda wack tbh

doggfather

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2011, 09:23:59 AM »
nothin xtra IMO.

Not bad, but...

but...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2011, 10:01:21 AM »
I like the music, features & production, but I can't help to think that Bishop Lamont is a far superior rapper to the somewhat bland and average Slim The Mobster.

Slim doesn't really stand out in any way.. neither lyrics, flow, voice or charisma sets him apart from most new rappers..
true, dre is making himself look bad by hyping slim

Okka

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2011, 10:07:26 AM »
Slim >>>>> Kendrick

You can't be serious? Kendrick has good wordplay, makes great storytelling songs and has a dope flow. What does Slim have? His instrumentals are what carries him.

Lunatic

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2011, 10:39:21 AM »
1. Dreaming - 4.5/5. This is a dope opener. Slim sounds cool on here. People are right in saying he's not exceptional but he's talented in all faucets of hip-hop it sounds like.
2. What Goes Up - 4/5. The quality of this is pretty low; odd. Ignoring that, the track is pretty tight. The beat is hot & Slim's flow is on point. Even Snoop sounds fresh on this.
3. Fuck You - 3.5/5. I don't like this Yummy Bingham on the hook; annoying pitched voice. The rest of the track is OK, not as good as the first two.
4. Falling Star - 4.5/5. Loving the Silk/Choc beat. Both Nikki & Sly add a lot to this as well. Slim sounds best on joints like this.

5. Back Against the Wall - 3.75/5. Dre sounds ok on this. I like Sly on here. Honestly though, T.I.'s version is better )beat is better suited for him). Slim is alright here too.
6. Martyr - 4.5/5. Sound quality is awfully low again. Always loved this joint. Slim sounds very dope on these hardcore east coast sounding records too.
7. South Central Blues - 4/5. This is a very nice joint. The beat is smooth & Slim's flow is on point. I also like D Brown on the hook.
8. Whose House - 4/5. Beat/Hook is cool. It's a cool collab to see. Kendrick's flow is on crisp here. A real nice verse.

9. See It - 3.75/5. This is smooth. Not the best track but it's cool. Has a different vibe from the rest of the tape; a little versatility for sure.
10. Gun Play - 4/5. Back to the street shit lol. He sounds good; reminds me slightly of 50 Cent's "Heat."
11. Take It Easy - Difficult to rate but a cool outro

Overall a very cool tape  8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Eazy-Duz-It

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Follow me on Twitter @Jam_Starr
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2011, 11:06:22 AM »
Slim >>>>> Kendrick

You gotta be kiddin me... really?

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2011, 11:21:38 AM »

true, dre is making himself look bad by hyping slim

that's what a lot of people are saying

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2011, 11:26:36 AM »
I've had a feeling that the only reason why this Dre gave this guy a shot was because of his supposed relations with DOC and probably his street ties. I know it's common in the industry and i may even
be wrong but i seriously doubt dude would sign him if he was regular joe from South Central. What i'm saying is there's probably a motive as to why they signed him, outside of his "talent" i believe, might be tax write-off might be something else but i just get the feeling that it ain't strictly music cuz Slim isn't wack but def isn't anything special at all and does not have the star potential that Aftermath/Interscope usually looks for.