Author Topic: Dr. Dre On Beats By Dre, Taking a Break From Music (Video)  (Read 1913 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Dr. Dre On Beats By Dre, Taking a Break From Music (Video)
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 05:33:24 PM »
Hip Hop is missing something without "Detox" tho.  No matter what would've went down, the game needed it.

Matty

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 05:54:16 PM »
so i'm reading that the Soul headphone line endorsed by Ludacris are significantly better than the Beats and cheaper too. aimed at the same market where the look and package are important factors. sound quality suited to more urban and bassy genres again. check the reviews:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/561838/headphones-com-reviews-soul-by-ludacris

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 06:49:52 PM »
this is no news he been took a break from music.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 07:07:15 PM »
I think Jimmy Iovine wanted Dre to release "Detox" cause of money, but they gettin' hundreds of millions cause of "Beats By Dre", so there's no rush anymore.

This.

Detox as an album was always a myth.  It was and continues to be a marketing brand... and I can't hate on Dre for figuring out how to make money in the music biz in this era.  It ain't easy.  Don't hate the player, hate the game.  He's going to continue to slap the "Detox" name on his products to give it that special sheen and create viral attention from the fans.

Anyway, it's been obvious for a while now to anyone paying attention that Dre's in glorified retirement mode at this point.  It's over.  He'll make a cameo appearance here and there, but it's just over beyond that.  It's time for the West Coast to move on; unfortunately, nobody's around to take the production torch from him.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »
Dr.Dre is not needed to this new generation... let the man makes his money with the headphones

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 07:56:33 PM »
hahah he's taking a break from taking a break. What good is all that time you spend in the studio if you never accomplish shit worth releasing?

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 11:15:09 PM »
Not saying Detox is coming by any stretch of imagination but people didn't watch the video or are dyslexic

By the way you can't ask him questions about Detox ... a journalist from the Guardian was thrown out of the room by Dre PR when asking

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/nov/01/dr-dre-headphones-detox  :D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:22:41 AM by wcsoldier »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 03:50:41 AM »
Take a break?

''I aint that nigga always on vacation'' - Cube

Yes he was talking about you Dr Dre, Mr N.W.A., coming straight outta Compton, you better make way.

Which album did Cube say that on?

...and why shouldn't Dre take a fuckin vacation.  He's done everything he needed to do in hip-hop. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 04:33:29 AM »
 :-X

kemizt

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 04:38:49 AM »
Haha belle quenelle from the D.R.E

hahahahaha à fond, ça c'est dla quenelle!!!

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 07:21:12 AM »
Take a break?

''I aint that nigga always on vacation'' - Cube

Yes he was talking about you Dr Dre, Mr N.W.A., coming straight outta Compton, you better make way.

Which album did Cube say that on?

...and why shouldn't Dre take a fuckin vacation.  He's done everything he needed to do in hip-hop. 
Its from his last album, from track "Drink the Cool-Aid" (single)

Not saying Detox is coming by any stretch of imagination but people didn't watch the video or are dyslexic

By the way you can't ask him questions about Detox ... a journalist from the Guardian was thrown out of the room by Dre PR when asking

That proves the control of the Interscope over Dre. Thanx for the link.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 07:26:45 AM »
The WestCoast will never come a full circle/full eclipse without Dr. Dre.  Hate it, love it, disagree with it, agree with it, whatever.  But at the end of the day when you think of WestCoast rap music there's going to be this little hole/void there that u can't fill becuz "Detox" didn't get released.  U might think I'm crazy now but 2/3 years from now u'll see what i'm sayin'.

This is almost like taking away the Ark from Noah.  This is like him never having the Ark but the story of the bible going on anyway.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:28:18 AM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2011, 07:38:34 AM »
The real news here is that there is a Beats by Dre store in Soho. I'm about to hit it up. 8)

The Predator

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2011, 07:43:01 AM »

Damn, questions about Detox and his music career banned. Madness.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 08:05:35 AM »
I think Jimmy Iovine wanted Dre to release "Detox" cause of money, but they gettin' hundreds of millions cause of "Beats By Dre", so there's no rush anymore.

This.

Detox as an album was always a myth.  It was and continues to be a marketing brand... and I can't hate on Dre for figuring out how to make money in the music biz in this era.  It ain't easy.  Don't hate the player, hate the game.  He's going to continue to slap the "Detox" name on his products to give it that special sheen and create viral attention from the fans.

Anyway, it's been obvious for a while now to anyone paying attention that Dre's in glorified retirement mode at this point.  It's over.  He'll make a cameo appearance here and there, but it's just over beyond that.  It's time for the West Coast to move on; unfortunately, nobody's around to take the production torch from him.

Preach!

I remember last year when you, me and a few others claimed the album was always a scheme, and the fanboys cried and wet their panties over it. Hopefully this is the final nail in the coffin and people can forget about Detox once and for all.