Author Topic: Virginia: We are the Most Unknown Knowns of the world of music. The UnCrowned  (Read 178 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

there's just too many of us in this game.  i'm talking major players and not just a buncha anybodies.  timbo, missy, devante swing, chris brown, neptunes, skillz, trey songz, clipse.  and that's all i can think of right now (i'm tired and i still gotta finish the other half of my 40 of st. ides).  we run this game foreal, we're all cross-over acts.  then u got Ginuwine, Mr. Marvin Gaye, Wale, Tabi Bonney, Section 8 Mob all from DC.  then out Maryland u got a nigga like BossMan on the comeup and outta DC u got the nigga KingPin Slim on tha comeup.  I'm tellin u, we're like the UnCrowned Kings and Queens in music.  

I'm sure there's other artist in Rap/RnB and other genres i'm forgetting but for the most part these names stick out and all of them are big in their own way.  Tabi do fashion, Section 8 set it off (along with Nonchalant's "5'oclock in the Morning"), Bossman makin some moves for Baltimore, and everybody ALREADY KNOWS about everybody else on this list (no matter you're depthness in love for HipHop).  It's a lovely thing out here baby.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 12:18:30 AM by evrywer i go i c nygaz kyln nygaz 25 2 lyf if jus kyl a nyga »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dont 4get jt
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 08:38:01 PM »
Neptunes adopted son... But nah va aint got nuthin on the dubb
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

I thought you were from Maryland?

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Who?
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 09:36:55 AM »
Haha who
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BiggBoogaBiff

i'm from Maryland by way of VA.  you can get to DC or VA in less than 5 minutes from my house (literally)

BiggBoogaBiff

*yawns and stretches then looks in the mirror strokes chin and smiles*

bouli77

can't front VA has yielded legendary artists and producers over the years... easily one of the most innovative places as far as hip hop is concerned

Teddy Riley, Timbaland, Missy, Devanté, The Neptunes, Bink, etc.

but VA has been getting props for a long ass time, they're not "uncrowned"

the unsung region when it comes to Hip Hop is really the Bay Area IMO. it's a very diversified place that produced dope artists from every side of the hip hop spectrum. they're pioneers as well as innovators and it's only their wackest trend (IMO) which is hyphy that got them the most publicity, sad imo.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 04:28:49 PM by bouli77 »

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
The bay is easily the most copied area in hip hop. So many people modeled their careers after bay area artists, especially e-40.

Lol @ Arthur saying "us" Like he's  part of the success. You have as much to do with the success of VA as an illegal Mexican selling oranges on the road in LA has to do with the success of death row records. Aka nothing.

Hell at least that orange salesmen has a job, ole getting fired from Wendy's for incompetence ass muthafucka

BiggBoogaBiff

NowImNotNik

Va >>> Bay